Playstation 4 Discussion Thread

This is the forum to discuss video games, the systems they're played on, computer software games, video game related sites and magazines, and more!! If you're "wired", post it here!

Moderator: Controllers

Playstation 4

yes
61%
no
22%
maybe
17%

Total votes : 23

Postby MekaGojira3k » Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:35 pm

Well I guess I'm gonna be getting this thing. Sometime around KHIII's release probably.
"We Can't Stop Here, This is Bat Country!"
Check out the Gojicast, because if you won't...who will?
MekaGojira3k
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Dr Kain » Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:51 pm

MekaGojira3k wrote:Well I guess I'm gonna be getting this thing. Sometime around KHIII's release probably.

So in 2030?
Dr Kain
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Henry88 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:57 pm

Kingdom Hearts 3 PS4 Trailer
www.youtube.com/watch?v=npjBHFb0fZM

E3 2013: Kingdom Hearts 3 Coming to PS4
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/11/ ... ing-to-ps4
ROBOT CO-OP IS GAMING COMEDY
https://robotco-op.com/
Henry88
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby Henry88 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:39 pm

Henry88
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby XvGojira » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:53 pm

Since that's the "Standard Edition" I wonder what other editions there will be. I assume there'll be a bundle with the eye toy, maybe one with a Vita?
XvGojira
Burning Godzilla

Postby Henry88 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:34 pm

Henry88
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby Dr Kain » Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:38 pm

XvGojira wrote:Since that's the "Standard Edition" I wonder what other editions there will be. I assume there'll be a bundle with the eye toy, maybe one with a Vita?

From my understanding, Launch Edition means you're guaranteed the system on the day it comes out. Standard just means you get it when it is there for you.
Dr Kain
Millennium Godzilla

Postby jellydonut25 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:43 pm

wow...

"If you don't have it...F*CK YOU!" That always works out well for manufacturers.
Gills.

My DVD/Blu-Ray Collection:
http://jellydonut25.filmaf.com/owned
jellydonut25
Controller

Postby canofhumdingers » Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:00 pm

Lol, this Microsoft debacle is just hilarious to watch. I'm not loyal to any console brand. I've been a Sony user the last two generations because their system has consistently offered features I was more interested in (namely, supporting the latest home video format in DVD and then Bluray). Looks like I'll be sticking with Sony yet again. As a fairly staunch privacy advocate, there's no way I'm using a system that is always watching me... Just on principle.
canofhumdingers
Burning Godzilla

Postby Tom R VanSlambrouck » Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:35 pm

I've already got a PS4 on preorder at Best Buy not sure what game to get yet.
The member formerly known as gvamp
Tom R VanSlambrouck
Millennium Godzilla

Postby XvGojira » Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:30 am

F2P online games games don't require PS+., rather it'll be up to the publisher if they will be or not.
XvGojira
Burning Godzilla

Postby Dr Kain » Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:40 am

Tom R VanSlambrouck wrote:I've already got a PS4 on preorder at Best Buy not sure what game to get yet.

I preordered Watch_Dogs and The Order.

Of course, even though I will be getting the system on Day 1, I might not even play it right away as I want to 100% GTAV before I touch another game.
Dr Kain
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Tom R VanSlambrouck » Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:16 am

I'm thinking ACIV or Watch Dogs.

BTW Kain check your PM I sending you a message.
Tom R VanSlambrouck
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Henry88 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:50 pm

For those who are jumping over to the PS4, but prefer the Xbox controller.
Henry88
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby Henry88 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:21 pm

Microsoft's upcoming Xbox One received a not-so-subtle dig courtesy of a spot on "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon."

Continuing video-game week on his show, Fallon invited Mark Cerny, chief system architect of the Sony PS4, to appear Tuesday to discuss and demo Sony's upcoming game console. Before diving into playing an actual game, the two chit-chatted about the PS4's various features.

At one point, Fallon chimed in: "The big story that everyone's talking about is that this system [the PS4] is the only one where you can still play used games." To which Cerny responded: "We support used games. We don't require an Internet connection."

Fallon called those features "pretty amazing," prompting a surge of applause from the audience.

Obviously, Fallon and Cerny were talking about the Xbox One, which ironically appeared on the Monday edition of "Late Night." But was the dig against Microsoft's upcoming console fair and accurate?

Well, yes and no. The Xbox One will require an Internet connection. Specifically, the Xbox One needs to check in with Microsoft once every 24 hours to determine if you've added more games to your collection. Despite a surge of user protests over that requirement, Microsoft has been firm in its stance. Xbox executive Don Mattrick even recently offered some advice to Xbox users without Internet access: stick with the Xbox 360.

However, Fallon's comment about the PS4 being the only one where you can still play used games doesn't ring true. The misperception isn't surprising, though, since Microsoft itself has been vague about this matter. Earlier this month, the company tried to clear up some of the confusion by clarifying its used games policy.

Both sales and lending of used games for the Xbox One will be allowed, but they will be restricted in certain ways. You'll be able to trade in your used games to participating retailers. Microsoft said it won't charge a fee to you or the retailers for transferring used games. But if you want to give away a game to a friend, you can only give them to people who have been on your Xbox Live friends list for 30 days or more, and each game can be given away only once.

The new rules still lack certain key details. For instance, who exactly will the "participating retailers" be? And are there other restrictions on the sale of used games? Clearly, Microsoft still has a bit more explaining to do to ease the concerns of gamers and potential Xbox One buyers.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1023_3-575899 ... llon-show/

While Sony will require a subscription to PlayStation Plus in order to access the PS4's online multiplayer functionality, all of the system's "social features", along with auto-updates, will be free to all users.

"If you choose not to subscribe we are still gating relatively little in many senses, so access to online catch-up TV and online movie services sit outside of the gate, for example," SCEE UK & Ireland MD Fergal Gara told VideoGamer.com. "The social features of PS4 and PS4 games sit out of the subscription service.

"Things like auto-updates on PS4 sit outside of PlayStation Plus, so we're trying to be as balanced and as fair as we possibly can. If you choose to pay the subscription, yes, you get one important element of modern-day gameplay, but you also get fantastic value in games, including the PlayStation Plus Edition of DriveClub."

As the site points out, auto-update functionality had previously only been available to PS Plus subscribers on the PlayStation 3. Gara also failed to clarify exactly what "social features" means in terms of the PS4. Is he referring to the console's video uploading and sharing functionality?

As for the subscription requirement to play PS4 games online, Gara explained it will allow Sony to "invest significantly" in PlayStation Network to help "lower downtimes and improve its performance." As a current PS3 owner, I'd gladly pay to ensure server stability and smoother connections. I'm pretty sure we're all tired of the lengthy maintenance downtimes.

PlayStation Plus currently costs $49.99 a year; existing Plus memberships on the PS3 and Vita will be extended to cover the PS4.

http://www.gamezone.com/news/2013/06/18 ... bscription
Henry88
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby Tom R VanSlambrouck » Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:52 am

This is the PS4 interface

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7s32Q7Mx ... r_embedded

I hate the tile aspect of it but the fact that I can pause my game and look up videos if I get stuck is awesome.
Tom R VanSlambrouck
Millennium Godzilla

Re: Playstation 4 Discussion Thread

Postby Dr Kain » Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:42 pm

Well, Watch_Dogs has been delayed until the Spring, so I'll be holding off until tax season to buy a PS4.
Dr Kain
Millennium Godzilla

Postby jellydonut25 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:02 am

Dr Kain wrote:Well, Watch_Dogs has been delayed until the Spring, so I'll be holding off until tax season to buy a PS4.

giving the government interest-free loans on your money?
Gills.

jellydonut25
Controller

Postby Tom R VanSlambrouck » Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:55 pm

I was thinking about getting a PS4 with tax money but the way things sound we might not get a tax return.
Tom R VanSlambrouck
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Dr Kain » Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:59 am

Tom R VanSlambrouck wrote:I was thinking about getting a PS4 with tax money but the way things sound we might not get a tax return.

Did you not make enough this year?
Dr Kain
Millennium Godzilla

Postby jellydonut25 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:47 pm

i HOPE i don't get a tax return.
means i did my withholdings perfectly.
Gills.

jellydonut25
Controller

Postby Tom R VanSlambrouck » Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:58 pm

Dr Kain wrote:
Tom R VanSlambrouck wrote:I was thinking about getting a PS4 with tax money but the way things sound we might not get a tax return.

Did you not make enough this year?

No I made plenty but the with the government shutting down for the time they did they could always with hold taxes to help lower the debt ceiling and what have you.
Tom R VanSlambrouck
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Dr Kain » Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:35 pm

Tom R VanSlambrouck wrote:No I made plenty but the with the government shutting down for the time they did they could always with hold taxes to help lower the debt ceiling and what have you.

I'm pretty sure that is illegal, especially if you paid taxes.
Dr Kain
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Tom R VanSlambrouck » Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:35 pm

I don't know the legalities of it but I've heard that before when the government was in trouble most notable Bush's last few years in office.
Tom R VanSlambrouck
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Dr Kain » Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:25 pm

I think I am not the only one who will say this, but if they try to cheat us out of my tax return, there WILL BE hell to pay!! I will storm down Washington like the angry villagers you see in Frankenstein and I will burn down congress even if I have to do it myself.
Dr Kain
Millennium Godzilla

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games, Systems, and More