Would you like NetherRealm Studios to make the next G game?

This is the forum to discuss video games, the systems they're played on, computer software games, video game related sites and magazines, and more!! If you're "wired", post it here!

Moderator: Controllers

Yay or Nay?

Yes!
100%
Nay.
No votes

Total votes : 1

Would you like NetherRealm Studios to make the next G game?

Postby Living Corpse » Wed May 15, 2013 2:52 am

Personally, I think NetherRealm Studios would be prefect for making the next Godzilla game (if it's a fighter).

Injustice proves they can restrain themselves on blood and gore, the supers in IGAU and MK 9 shows that they love big cinematic moments something the Godzilla franchise has plenty of with special attacks, the new way you interact with the enviorment in IGAU could be used here (picture Godzilla grabbing a monster and slamming their face into a building).

They're also pretty good at taking characters with the same or similar powers and giving them different fighting styles by making them use their powers differently so they are not clones. They are also pretty experinced with particle effects (Smoke and Sub-Zero's vapor, Shang Tsung and Ermac's glowing, Raiden's lightning, Shazam's lightning, Rain and Skarlet's liquids) so they can help bring creatures to life by giving Biollante a glowing pulsating stomach, make Hedorah's body flow like a liquid and have an aura of smoke or make Spacegodzilla's crest, shoulders, spikes and Crystal Fortress glow and pulse with an aura of power.

Speaking of which they are pretty good at thinking outside the box with fighters so they could make it so Spacegodzilla has his whole frotress and uses it effectively instead just having two crystal max like the Atari games.

Another reason would be that they really are not strangers to insane stories with plot twists in fighting games and making them good (MK 9, IGAU). The Godzilla series is a lot like MK and DC Comics in that they have a lot of lore for NRS to work with as well as many incarnations and several different continuities to work with.

Also like with IGAU they can pull off a more mature story while still making it accessible for younger gamers. They can give the game a real reason for being rated Teen (unlike the Atari games) pushing the envelop while still restraining themselves from going too far.
Everything must die! Everything must burn! Everything must end! Overkill...is the only way to kill!
Living Corpse
Godzilla Egg

Postby MekaGojira3k » Wed May 15, 2013 8:58 am

I don't have enough firsthand experience to say yay or nay, but I guess I could still say yay? I'd like another Godzilla game, but it's a really passive feeling. I think the next Godzilla game we get will probably be some awful movie tie-in.
"We Can't Stop Here, This is Bat Country!"
Check out the Gojicast, because if you won't...who will?
MekaGojira3k
Millennium Godzilla

Postby The Real McCoy » Wed May 15, 2013 9:24 am

I really don't care either way. They'll release it on the newer consoles, so I won't be able to buy it anyway.

I still have fun with Unleashed; I don't play story mode anymore (the weakest point of the game for me), I just do one-on-ones and stuff. If I were a big gamer, I would expect it to be better, but really the only thing I would want changed is the story mode. The rest of the stuff in Unleashed is still a lot of fun to me.
The Real McCoy
Heisei Godzilla

Return to Video Games, Systems, and More