XBOX 180 Discussion Thread

This is the forum to discuss video games, the systems they're played on, computer software games, video game related sites and magazines, and more!! If you're "wired", post it here!

Moderator: Controllers

XBOX 720 will you get one?

yes
4
18%
no
18
82%
 
Total votes : 22

Re: XBOX 180 Discussion Thread

Postby XvGojira » Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:12 am

Tom R VanSlambrouck wrote:Ryse is only running at 920p or something like that. 1080p doesn't really matter unless you're sitting the proper distance away.

The review embargo sucks though it reminds me of A:CM which had a review embargos and look how that turned out. The game was fun but had major flaws.


Ir's just advancement of tech. PC has been over 1080p for some time. HD TVs and blu-rays have brought 1080 to home video. TV companies are pushing 4k TVs and such now, which from my understanding, that unless you have a HUGE (Home theater size) TV won't make much of a difference from "standard" HDTVs. So XBone COD Ghost isn't 1080, I'm sure next year's COD will be.

A:CM had an embargo because what they sold was not what they had shown and has been nothing but a terror for Gearbox, even after "fixing" the graphical issues. I pre-ordered it and had my "fun" with it but it is by no means a good game (I'd get more into how bad it but that's not the point here). If bought on the cheap ($10 or less) I would not have had any complaints but I feel like I wasted my $50. It seems that most games tend to have embargoes but they usually lift well enough before the release to have reviews out before or in time of the release. With it being noon the day of the release, which wil have a huge midnight release, it make many people understandably nervous.

Hardware-wise, there will be the usual "new console" bugs and issues that'll get ironed out and rightly forgotten. The 720p thing is probably "worst" thing that might stick, but that's just because infantile console-war d*ck measuring. Yeah, it looks better on the PS4, but by a fairly insignificant amount (unless you got a brand new 50 inch or bigger 4k 3D HDTV :lol: ).
User avatar
XvGojira
Burning Godzilla
 
Posts: 3852
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2003 2:29 am
Location: Grand Rapids

Re: XBOX 180 Discussion Thread

Postby Tom R VanSlambrouck » Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:34 pm

Agreed Xv I really don't care about what CoD looks like that series has gotten stale IMO; it's pretty much the same game each year only minor improvements.

And as you mentioned 4K is useless unless you have an 80"+ TV which most of use don't. I'm content with my 42" LG 3DTV that's 1080p and can't wait to play Xbox One AND PS4 games on it :D.
The member formerly known as gvamp
User avatar
Tom R VanSlambrouck
Millennium Godzilla
 
Posts: 11089
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2003 3:49 pm
Location: Michigan

Re: XBOX 180 Discussion Thread

Postby Dr Kain » Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:26 am

I don't know. People pretty much said the same thing 6 years ago about a 1080P being completely useless unless you have an 80inch-ish tv and I see a world of difference with 1080P on my 42 inch tv.
Image
User avatar
Dr Kain
Millennium Godzilla
 
Posts: 10872
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2003 4:00 pm
Location: Englewood CO but originally from Buffalo NY

Re: XBOX 180 Discussion Thread

Postby takuGuy » Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:27 pm

Had a PS4 pre-ordered for the longest time, mainly because of the general attitude of Sony this year and the awesome value of PS+. Not to mention the console itself is sexy as hell. But about a week or two ago, after the Watch_Dogs and DriveClub delay, I took a long hard look at exactly what would be available to play in the launch window and it looked bleak. There really wasn't a damn thing I wanted to play at all. Knack looks lackluster and average at best, a poor substitute for the Crash Bandicoot reboot we all deserve. Killzone looks like Killzone: very pretty, mediocre gameplay, underwhelming story, etc. The only game I could even see myself caring about is Resogun, which is free with PS+ so that's cool.

Then I took a look at Xbox One. Killer f'n Instinct, Dead Rising 3, Ryse, Titanfall (now completely exclusive), Halo sometime next year, and all the other dudebro shooters and multiplats will be perfectly playable on the system in spite of resolution issues. MS may not be a saint, but they have all the games I'd ever care to play and then some locked up for the foreseeable future. I skipped out on the 360 for the last five years or so, but I'm coming home to Xbox.

This one's for you goji66.

Image
User avatar
takuGuy
Meltdown Godzilla
 
Posts: 6759
Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2003 11:07 pm
Location: Virginia

Re: XBOX 180 Discussion Thread

Postby XvGojira » Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:16 pm

Strontium90 wrote:Had a PS4 pre-ordered for the longest time, mainly because of the general attitude of Sony this year and the awesome value of PS+. Not to mention the console itself is sexy as hell. But about a week or two ago, after the Watch_Dogs and DriveClub delay, I took a long hard look at exactly what would be available to play in the launch window and it looked bleak. There really wasn't a damn thing I wanted to play at all. Knack looks lackluster and average at best, a poor substitute for the Crash Bandicoot reboot we all deserve. Killzone looks like Killzone: very pretty, mediocre gameplay, underwhelming story, etc. The only game I could even see myself caring about is Resogun, which is free with PS+ so that's cool.

Then I took a look at Xbox One. Killer f'n Instinct, Dead Rising 3, Ryse, Titanfall (now completely exclusive), Halo sometime next year, and all the other dudebro shooters and multiplats will be perfectly playable on the system in spite of resolution issues. MS may not be a saint, but they have all the games I'd ever care to play and then some locked up for the foreseeable future. I skipped out on the 360 for the last five years or so, but I'm coming home to Xbox.

This one's for you goji66.

Image


:lol: That last bit nearly made me snork my hot coco.
User avatar
XvGojira
Burning Godzilla
 
Posts: 3852
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2003 2:29 am
Location: Grand Rapids

Re: XBOX 180 Discussion Thread

Postby Tom R VanSlambrouck » Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:04 pm

I miss Goji66 he was a good guy.

Looks like I'll be working 2-10 the night I can pick my Xbox One off then working 5-10 the next day, So I'll have plenty of time to play with my new toy.
The member formerly known as gvamp
User avatar
Tom R VanSlambrouck
Millennium Godzilla
 
Posts: 11089
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2003 3:49 pm
Location: Michigan

Re: XBOX 180 Discussion Thread

Postby Dr Kain » Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:41 am

Strontium90 wrote:Then I took a look at Xbox One. Killer f'n Instinct, Dead Rising 3, Ryse, Titanfall (now completely exclusive), Halo sometime next year, and all the other dudebro shooters and multiplats will be perfectly playable on the system in spite of resolution issues. MS may not be a saint, but they have all the games I'd ever care to play and then some locked up for the foreseeable future. I skipped out on the 360 for the last five years or so, but I'm coming home to Xbox.

This one's for you goji66.

Image


Wait, you said Killzone looks like every other Killzone, and then you go and praise Dead Rising 3? Dead Rising 3 looks like every other Dead Rising game and probably sucks like every other DR and Ca$hcom game.

Ryse is just God of War without monsters and more QTEs.

And honestly, I don't get the appeal of Titanfall. Oh wow, I get to play another first person shooter that doesn't even have a story mode, but it has mechs. :roll:

I agree that the PS4 launch line up sucks, but so does the XBOne. At least the 360 had Perfect Dark Zero and Kameo.
Image
User avatar
Dr Kain
Millennium Godzilla
 
Posts: 10872
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2003 4:00 pm
Location: Englewood CO but originally from Buffalo NY

Re: XBOX 180 Discussion Thread

Postby XvGojira » Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:04 am

Again, this is why I wait to get a system. Launch line ups usually suck anyway.
User avatar
XvGojira
Burning Godzilla
 
Posts: 3852
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2003 2:29 am
Location: Grand Rapids

Re: XBOX 180 Discussion Thread

Postby takuGuy » Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:09 pm

Dr Kain wrote:
Strontium90 wrote:Then I took a look at Xbox One. Killer f'n Instinct, Dead Rising 3, Ryse, Titanfall (now completely exclusive), Halo sometime next year, and all the other dudebro shooters and multiplats will be perfectly playable on the system in spite of resolution issues. MS may not be a saint, but they have all the games I'd ever care to play and then some locked up for the foreseeable future. I skipped out on the 360 for the last five years or so, but I'm coming home to Xbox.

This one's for you goji66.

Image


Wait, you said Killzone looks like every other Killzone, and then you go and praise Dead Rising 3? Dead Rising 3 looks like every other Dead Rising game and probably sucks like every other DR and Ca$hcom game.

Ryse is just God of War without monsters and more QTEs.

And honestly, I don't get the appeal of Titanfall. Oh wow, I get to play another first person shooter that doesn't even have a story mode, but it has mechs. :roll:

I agree that the PS4 launch line up sucks, but so does the XBOne. At least the 360 had Perfect Dark Zero and Kameo.


Image

You're seriously comparing two games that weren't even good enough to warrant any sequels during the 360's entire lifespan to Dead Rising 3, Ryse, Killer Instinct, Forza 5, and Titanfall? Xbox One's launch window is the best since the Dreamcast.
User avatar
takuGuy
Meltdown Godzilla
 
Posts: 6759
Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2003 11:07 pm
Location: Virginia

Re: XBOX 180 Discussion Thread

Postby XvGojira » Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:41 pm

Strontium90 wrote: Xbox One's launch window is the best since the Dreamcast.


And we all know how successful the Dreamcast was! With that track record I'm sure this would be in the future....

Image

:lol:

But that's only after they do Mario, Sonic, Master Chief at the Summer Olympics 2016.

I kid! I kid! please don't kill me.
User avatar
XvGojira
Burning Godzilla
 
Posts: 3852
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2003 2:29 am
Location: Grand Rapids

Re: XBOX 180 Discussion Thread

Postby takuGuy » Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:27 pm

XvGojira wrote:
Strontium90 wrote: Xbox One's launch window is the best since the Dreamcast.


And we all know how successful the Dreamcast was!


If the Xbox One amasses the same amount of incredible games over the next five or six years as the Dreamcast managed in only two years, I'll be perfectly satisfied. The light that burns twice as bright burns half as long, and the DC burned so very, very brightly.
User avatar
takuGuy
Meltdown Godzilla
 
Posts: 6759
Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2003 11:07 pm
Location: Virginia

Re: XBOX 180 Discussion Thread

Postby XvGojira » Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:40 pm

Strontium90 wrote:
If the Xbox One amasses the same amount of incredible games over the next five or six years as the Dreamcast managed in only two years, I'll be perfectly satisfied. The light that burns twice as bright burns half as long, and the DC burned so very, very brightly.


I'm fully aware how it was piracy that murdered the Dreamcast and not a lack of good games.
User avatar
XvGojira
Burning Godzilla
 
Posts: 3852
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2003 2:29 am
Location: Grand Rapids

Re: XBOX 180 Discussion Thread

Postby XvGojira » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:07 pm

phpBB [media]
User avatar
XvGojira
Burning Godzilla
 
Posts: 3852
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2003 2:29 am
Location: Grand Rapids

Re: XBOX 180 Discussion Thread

Postby Tom R VanSlambrouck » Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:06 am

My Xbox One is in at work everytime I goto the office I see it and I have to wait till Thursday bah.
The member formerly known as gvamp
User avatar
Tom R VanSlambrouck
Millennium Godzilla
 
Posts: 11089
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2003 3:49 pm
Location: Michigan

Previous

Return to Video Games, Systems, and More

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest