The Last Game You Beat and What are You Currently Playing

This is the forum to discuss video games, the systems they're played on, computer software games, video game related sites and magazines, and more!! If you're "wired", post it here!

Moderator: Controllers

How often do you beat a game?

Once a week-two weeks
5%
Once a month
7%
Sparadically
88%

Total votes : 43

Re: The Last Game You Beat and What are You Currently Playin

Postby Tom R VanSlambrouck » Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:07 pm

Beat Gears 5 earlier today. It was IMHO the best of the franchise. Acts 1 and 4 are pretty short but Acts 2 and 3 are very meaty. They're open world and offer a variety of side quests.

I'm probably going to do Gears 5 MP with friends for the time being and on Friday I'll start Link's Awakening remake for the Switch, which will be my first time playing it because for some reason I never got it on my Gameboy growing up.
The member formerly known as gvamp
Tom R VanSlambrouck
Millennium Godzilla

Postby XvGojira » Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:07 pm

I've been playing some more Monster Hunter World on PC. Trying to get at least one full set of each of the HR armor. Although I might forego that endeavor with Iceborn's Master Rank. Slowly trying to get ready of Iceborn in 202.

I've been chilling out watching MST3K and playing some ARK Survival Evolved. These survival/base building games scratch an itch for me for some reason and dinosaurs are always a plus in games. I just wish this games was more optimized. My PC could barely play it when I bought it in early access. I can run the Doom on High/ultra (forget which) with little issue, but a good chunk of ARK's settings have to be on medium to play. It still has the second longest loading time of any game I currently have installed (That award goes to GTAV but it doesn't have a gigantic lead). Mods are a godsend for games like this though.

I want to get the new Zelda game but I don't have the funds for it. Although if I do get the second job I have an interview for on Tuesday, I'll get it in celebration.
XvGojira
Burning Godzilla

Postby Tom R VanSlambrouck » Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:33 pm

I've been playing Zelda Link's Awakening on Switch. I was going to go for a 100% playthrough but I think I'll save that for my next playthrough. I just finished the second dungeon last night. I would have been a lot further but I messed up on the 2nd dungeon Friday night so I had to restart and the closest save file I had was about 45 minutes into the game from when I started Thursday at midnight. :oops:

I'm really enjoying the game and the art style, like Wind Waker before it, it's really grown on me. I should probably have it finished with in a couple of weeks. Not sure what I'll start after that. I'm thinking maybe DMC2 or Metro Exodus.
Tom R VanSlambrouck
Millennium Godzilla

Postby XvGojira » Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:02 pm

Tom R VanSlambrouck wrote:I'm really enjoying the game and the art style, like Wind Waker before it, it's really grown on me. I should probably have it finished with in a couple of weeks. Not sure what I'll start after that. I'm thinking maybe DMC2 or Metro Exodus.

I was taken aback at the announcement trailer. Starting with a serious looking anime style intro then suddenly you're playing a game with playmobile styled characters. But I'm no longer a wanna be edgy teenager like when Wind Waker came out so I'm totally fine with the aesthetic of this game. And there could be a narrative reason for the difference between that anime intro and the game's aesthetic.
Spoiler Below:
It's all a dream!

Although Link's Awakening is one of the games I've played the least. I actually like the two Capcom GBC Zelda games, Oracle of Seasons/Ages. I would not mind if those two were given a similar treatment as this game while waiting for whatever main Zelda game comes out after Breath of the Wild 2 (probably on Nintendo's next console).
XvGojira
Burning Godzilla

Postby superhedorahsaiyan » Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:17 am

last game I beat was Man of Medan. currently playing Borderlands 3. loving it, althought some of the later boss battles can be a bit frustrating for solo players. Love my Fl4ck build though. dominance ftw!
superhedorahsaiyan
Godzillasaurus

Postby Tom R VanSlambrouck » Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:22 am

Almost done with Zelda Link's Awakening (2019), I just need three more seashells to upgrade my sword and then three more dungeons to do. So far I'm really enjoying this game and I think it's becoming my favorite Zelda game to date. I like how it's a full Zelda adventure with out all the length to it. I'm not 100% sure yet if I'll be getting all the heart pieces, I know I won't be getting all the seashells just enough to upgrade my sword because the reward for getting all 50 isn't anything to be excited about. I'm not sure if I'll be doing all the figures either, I'm not 100% sure what the reward is for that if there even is a reward for it.
Tom R VanSlambrouck
Millennium Godzilla

Postby XvGojira » Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:55 am

A friend is having a big gaming weekend in November and so I reinstalled a few games we may play (although I doubt we'll play all of them), but another friend pointed out Destiny 2 went free to play and so I downloaded that and I've drawn into to that. The main reason is that the gameplay is great, although it took me awhile to get used to some of the controls of the powers (pressing G for a finisher, C is for melee or my knife throwing ability, and F is my six shooter with the power of MILLION SUNS!). Other than the basic shot, jump, kill mechanics, the massive amount of currencies/drops was a tad overwhelming. I have no idea what my class is. You get three options. Basic solider, space wizard, and whatever one I chose. I forget. On each area/world has some special currency that you the mission givers of that place in exchanges for items or engrams, or something I think. And as far as I can tell you can't sell your old gear but just break it down. You a special crystal or something if they're purple, and if they're blue or higher you get a currency that you use with a dude at the hub world to get guns or gun mods. There's a lot and I feel like if I played this from it's release, it'd all make sense but since I jumped in after it went F2P and they have a few DLCs and such, there's all these extra mechanics and whatnot that just go right over my head. I just found out after several days of playing I have some mods I can put into my gun and gear. Although I'm so low level, I really don't think it matters.

Story-wise I have NO flipping clue what the hell is going on. All I know is that I'm a purple chick who throws knives and and can summon a flaming six shooter every now and then and that there's at least 4 different alien species that seem to want to kill everything that's not them.

It's a fun game. It's probably even better with friends. But I also feel like, since I have no investment in the narrative, I may fall off playing it at some point.
XvGojira
Burning Godzilla

Postby EricDent » Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:10 pm

Not sure how far I am into it, but been playing Days Gone.
It's kinda fun, but also kinda tedious as well.
The sheer amount of "zombies" is kinda crazy though.

Also re-purchaed LEGO Ninjago The Movie which is a lot more "wide open" than most of the other LEGO games.
When you beat a level, the entire area becomes a free-play zone.
Still kinda odd that they didn't have a Jackie Chan LEGO character in this game (since he was in the movie).
Toho's Godzilla Will Live Forever!
EricDent
Heisei Godzilla

Postby EricDent » Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:44 pm

I beat Days Gone (or at least I finished the story).
I kinda got tired of attempting to get rid of the hordes.
That plan they had for blowing up the base would do wonders against the hordes.

I got tired of LEGO Ninjago.
It's OK, but got kinda dull rather quickly.
Toho's Godzilla Will Live Forever!
EricDent
Heisei Godzilla

Postby XvGojira » Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:55 pm

Really want to play Outer Worlds, but I don't want to deal with the Epic Store, and I really don't have the cash flow for another $60 purchase until next paycheck. So I'm trying out Xbox Game Pass on PC. $4 a month, although it's $1 for the first month and these something about 6 months of spotify preminum but I don't use spotify, and have it downloaded onto my computer and waiting for me when I get home from work. I looked at the selection of other games, I might download that Not-Castlevania game by creator(s?) of Castlevania, Bloodstained? Blood something. And there's a few other games that I might try out. I know the selection changes month to month. Gets you hooked into a game then makes you pay for it when it leaves.

Seems like a good way to "rent" something for PC. Until/unless streaming games, sort of like with Google Stadia, becomes a thing and you can pay for a few hours with a game before purchasing.
XvGojira
Burning Godzilla

Postby Tom R VanSlambrouck » Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:02 am

I just finished off Metro Exodus tonight. Was an excellent game easily the best in the series. Sadly I got the bad ending much like I did with Last Light. My next playthrough I'm going to go for the good ending.

Going to be taking a break from games until next Friday when Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order comes out. So in the meantime I'll watch through the MCU Phase 2 and finish off Ultraman.
Tom R VanSlambrouck
Millennium Godzilla

Previous

Return to Video Games, Systems, and More