Godzilla: Rage Across Time

Discuss Magazines, Fanzines, and Books devoted to Daikaiju films! A Godzilla article in a Horror or Sci-Fi magazine? New Hobby Japan EX available? New G-Fan arrive in your mailbox? A Godzilla article in your local paper? Discuss it here!!

Moderator: Controllers

Re: Godzilla: Rage Across Time

Postby O.Supreme » Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:59 pm

I haven't read any of the Kong comics. But a monsterverse comic seems very plausible. I do enjoy what LP is doing, and would whole heartedly support a comic based on events set in this universe. Still...I guess looking back now I'm glad I got every issue IDW produced, it will certainly be a benchmark that's going to be hard to be.

Also, does anybody know if there is a collection of clean covers for the Rulers of earth series? I'd love to have a lot of those
There are no more good TV Shows, only ones that haven't disappointed me yet.
O.Supreme
Burning Godzilla

Re: Godzilla: Rage Across Time

Postby Benjamin Haines » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:16 pm

O.Supreme wrote:Also, does anybody know if there is a collection of clean covers for the Rulers of earth series? I'd love to have a lot of those

If the Rulers of Earth trade paperbacks are like the one for Rage Across Time, they probably include full-page spreads for every cover, clean and textless.

klen7 wrote:I believe IDW renewed the license at least once during the run (and negotiated additional monsters) - No idea if Legendary Comics killed the IDW run or if IDW just decided to let it go since the numbers pretty much plateaued. They were getting better sales numbers from Magic the Gathering comics.
lhb412 wrote:^Matt Frank has said he suspects Legendary/WB is the reason behind IDW loosing/not renewing their Godzilla license.

I did some digging and I found a few statements from Matt Frank regarding IDW's Godzilla license.

From Tumblr, 2017-08-19:
Matt Frank wrote:
Anonymous wrote:If IDW doesn't make any more Godzilla comics, which publisher would like to see try and crank out new Big G stories? Or does Toho not let that happen?

It seems to me that Legendary wants to make Monsterverse comics and that’s what’s clashing with IDW.
Hopefully things will change but doesn’t seem likely for the moment.

From Tumblr, 2017-09-19:
Matt Frank wrote:
Anonymous wrote:Matt is IDW going to make Godzilla Rulers of Earth ultimate collection vol 2

No. They’ve either lost the license or are uninterested in making any more G stuff.

From Tumblr, 2017-09-21:
Matt Frank wrote:
Anonymous wrote:IDW lost the license to Godzilla? That's a bummer.

To be honest I don’t really know. I can’t get any solid confirmation.

From Toho Kingdom, 2017-09-29:
Matt Frank wrote:Hey everybody!
Matt here. I know it's been a hot minute, but as some of you may have heard, the Rulers of Earth Facebook page was recently, unceremoniously deleted. I don't know who did this or why, but I was definitely not consulted and it feels really cold considering that there was years of content and lots of nice memories on that page.
Ergo, I remade it. I'm in the process of rebuilding the archives as well, not to mention reposting old interviews and even doing fan art Fridays and Throwback thursdays.
Godzilla may not be at IDW anymore (as far as I know), but if you wanna revisit old memories and stay tuned for new info regarding the book's Japanese release (and maybe even future releases???) go give us a like and a share.
Thanks everyone!
Http://www.facebook.com/rulersofearth
Benjamin Haines
Meltdown Godzilla

Previous

Return to Godzilla in Print