United States of Japan

Discuss Magazines, Fanzines, and Books devoted to Daikaiju films! A Godzilla article in a Horror or Sci-Fi magazine? New Hobby Japan EX available? New G-Fan arrive in your mailbox? A Godzilla article in your local paper? Discuss it here!!

Moderator: Controllers

United States of Japan

Postby mr.negativity » Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:30 am

Explore Alternate Histories With Peter Tieryas' Giant Mechs and Man in the High Castle
Andrew Liptak wrote:When we assembled our list of books that we were pumped about coming out in 2016, one particularly stands out: United States of Japan, billed as a ‘spiritual successor of The Man in the High Castle’. It’s got giant mechs, alternate history, and did I mention giant mechs?

United States of Japan arrives in bookstores this coming week, and takes place in an alternate history where the United States loses World War II. Fast forward to the 1980s, where a subversive video game is taking hold, and one soldier, Captain Beniko Ishimura, is tasked with tracking down the makers, only to discover that there’s more to the story.

Peter Tieryas previously wrote Watering Heaven and Bald New World, and has worked in the film industry as a VFX artist (with films like Men in Black 3, Guardians of the Galaxy, Alice in Wonderland, and Hotel Transylvania on his resume) and has worked as a technical writer for LucasArts.

Ckeck out the art by John Liberto.
mr.negativity
Meltdown Godzilla

Re: United States of Japan

Postby mbozzo » Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:43 pm

I haven't gotten the book yet. I don't know if I will buy buy it. It might depend on the price. :|
mbozzo
Godzilla

Return to Godzilla in Print