Godzilla: Rulers of Earth #20 - Reaction Thread

Discuss Magazines, Fanzines, and Books devoted to Daikaiju films! A Godzilla article in a Horror or Sci-Fi magazine? New Hobby Japan EX available? New G-Fan arrive in your mailbox? A Godzilla article in your local paper? Discuss it here!!

Moderator: Controllers

Godzilla: Rulers of Earth #20 - Reaction Thread

Postby Benjamin Haines » Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:14 am

I finally got this today and it's one of the best issues of Rulers of Earth yet. The Cryog invasion of Earth is really coming to a head.

Spoiler Below:
The Trilopods are fantastic kaiju! There are smaller, crawling Trilopods and larger, bipedal ones. The small ones bite other kaiju, absorb their genetic information, then climb onto the backs of their big comrades and the two of them merge into a single, hulking Trilopod that bears many features of the original host kaiju. It's really horrific in action and it seems like Mowry and Frank are eager to go nuts with this concept (we've already gotten Trilopods that become half-Megaguirus and half-Spacegodzilla, and Jeff Zornow's covers suggest they'll copy Rodan and Battra soon). It's sort of like how Orga tries to turn itself into a Godzilla clone but Toho would never let a comic series depict Orga replicating other monsters, so now we've got swarms of original, trilobite-based monsters that are free to do just that. It's awesome.
Benjamin Haines
Meltdown Godzilla

Re: Godzilla: Rulers of Earth #20 - Reaction Thread

Postby MekaGojira3k » Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:57 pm

The Trilopods have a real sense of menace to them. It seemed like Megaguirus might bite it during the big battle. These last 5 issues are going to be crazy.
"We Can't Stop Here, This is Bat Country!"
Check out the Gojicast, because if you won't...who will?
MekaGojira3k
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Benjamin Haines » Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:55 pm

Based on the solicitations for upcoming issues, it sounds like King Seesar and other ancient monsters will be appearing soon. I hope this means Gorosaurus and Kameba will get a chance to shine, as they only had fleeting cameos in issue #9. I'd always welcome more Baragon too. :mrgreen:

It's almost to the point where you can name a Toho kaiju and find an issue of Rulers of Earth that gives it some time in the spotlight. I wonder if we'll see Kamacuras or Ganime at all before it ends (so far they've only appeared as cave paintings).
Benjamin Haines
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby MekaGojira3k » Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:48 am

I can't remember if Ganime ever made an appearance as anything other than a cave painting.
"We Can't Stop Here, This is Bat Country!"
Check out the Gojicast, because if you won't...who will?
MekaGojira3k
Millennium Godzilla

Return to Godzilla in Print