[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 130: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 130: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
The Art of Japanese Monsters Leatherbound Deluxe Edition • Monster Zero x SciFi Japan - Archive Only

The Art of Japanese Monsters Leatherbound Deluxe Edition

Discuss Magazines, Fanzines, and Books devoted to Daikaiju films! A Godzilla article in a Horror or Sci-Fi magazine? New Hobby Japan EX available? New G-Fan arrive in your mailbox? A Godzilla article in your local paper? Discuss it here!!

Moderator: Controllers

The Art of Japanese Monsters Leatherbound Deluxe Edition

Postby kpa » Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:19 pm

Check out SciFi Japan for details on the just-announced Leatherbound Deluxe Edition of The Art of Japanese Monsters Leatherbound Deluxe Edition. The Deluxe Edition is 250 pages (20 more than the regular edition) and has an exclusive Bob Eggleton print signed by Akira Takarada and Haruo Nakajima. The print run is limited to 100 copies so reserve your copy asap!

http://www.scifijapan.com/articles/2014 ... e-edition/
Keith
kpa
Monster 01

Re: The Art of Japanese Monsters Leatherbound Deluxe Edition

Postby gila-monster » Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:28 pm

I am disappointed that they included extra pages that won't be in the regular version, but that's how these "die-hard" versions work I suppose. Not really up for paying double the price to get those pages, so I'll be sticking to the regular version. This is great news for those willing to spend the cash.

Is the cover displayed in the article for both versions or just the deluxe edition? I am hoping the former, since the previous cover displayed really looks like a bad draft. I am looking forward to the book regardless.
gila-monster
Godzilla Jr.

Postby JordanGLC » Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:10 pm

Just ordered the Deluxe Edition. FYI I was order 42, so 58 left. I requested book #54. 8)
Let those who worship evil's might, beware my power...

JordanGLC
Godzilla

Postby ebirahsmeg1 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:40 pm

Although I'm interested in eventually purchasing this book, I'll pass on this "delux" version at double the price and just stick to getting the regular version.

Still, it's always nice to see a new Godzilla-related book stateside. Hopefully more will follow with the upcoming LP film (a follow up to Steve Ryfle's Japan's Favorite Mon-Star is always a must!).
:eek:

"F*ck Evangelion." - Me
ebirahsmeg1
Burning Godzilla

Postby Mysterio » Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:08 am

I'm always happy to pick up another Nakajima autograph too... Hope to get one in person one day before it's too late. He was supposed to come to a convention close to me last year but had to cancel... :cry:
Mysterio
Godzilla

Postby C.Miller719 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:17 am

Happy to get an autograph myself. I would love to have an opportunity to meet him. I think it was last year, he came to a convention in Asheville NC...and I live just a short while away from there.
Unfortunately I didn't find out about it until a month later...it was a sad day
C.Miller719
Little Godzilla

Postby gila-monster » Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:25 pm

For those wondering, it was confirmed on their Facebook page that both versions will have the same cover. Although I guess it was fairly obvious that the first image was a draft.
gila-monster
Godzilla Jr.

Postby klen7 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:08 pm

Thank goodness!
klen7
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby MouthForWar » Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:47 pm

Placed my pre-order for the special edition. Now I gotta cancel my pre-order for the regular version that I placed at my local comic store.
Kaiju Transmissions Podcast-

If It Bleeds, We Can Kill It Podcast
MouthForWar
Controller

Postby Benjamin Haines » Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:29 pm

Benjamin Haines
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby Legion » Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:44 pm

As cool as it sounds, I can't possibly justify spending $150 for a book.
http://legion1979.tumblr.com/

Hello, Nice Warners! - A Thorough Analysis of Every Animaniacs Episode
Legion
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby Mac » Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:01 pm

Mac
Heisei Godzilla

Postby canofhumdingers » Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:22 pm

canofhumdingers
Burning Godzilla