Monster Makers, Inc.

Discuss Magazines, Fanzines, and Books devoted to Daikaiju films! A Godzilla article in a Horror or Sci-Fi magazine? New Hobby Japan EX available? New G-Fan arrive in your mailbox? A Godzilla article in your local paper? Discuss it here!!

Moderator: Controllers

Monster Makers, Inc.

Postby jellydonut25 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:39 pm

Someone posted about this on the Godzilla FB group:

Godzilla makes an unruly pet, as teenage Piper Kincaid learns when his geneticist father hatches a monster a foot high to prove it's possible. (On the command, "Tokyo," the little beast breathes fire.) Even so, Dr. Kincaid's fledgling business on the planet Carefree is foundering through bad luck and the tendency of his little creatures to get loose and wreak havoc at nearby resort hotels. One such ecapade introduces Piper to spoiled but personable Shandi Tyr, whose tycoon father may be the financial angel the Kincaids need. [spoiler] First, though, they learn that their bad luck was contrived by alien Xylk beings, who were worried that the scientist would see through their own genetic engineering, a key element of their plan of invasion.
Copyright 1986

:shock:

It sounds kind of deliriously bad, in a fun kind of way.
Odd to me that it is allowed to exist. Nothing about it sounds like they officially licensed it through Toho or anything, but you can get copies on Amazon for CHEAP.
Gills.

My DVD/Blu-Ray Collection:
http://jellydonut25.filmaf.com/owned
jellydonut25
Controller

Re: Monster Makers, Inc.

Postby Xenorama » Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:00 pm

I have it, somewhere, and wrote a review for it in a G-Fan long long ago. It's a fun little alien invasion story. Toho is acknowledged in the book, somewhere, though it's interesting that this Godzilla's flame is methane powered.

They also talk about "the other classic monsters" without ever naming them, so take that for what it is. It's not a bad book.
Xenorama
Monster 01

Return to Godzilla in Print