Couple of random thoughts:
- Very nice to hear about Gorosaurus appearing. Ditto on Varan.
-Nice to see Frank working on a regular series, as his kaiju are full of life that is absent with most of the other artists. Hopefully people won't b*tch so much this time in regards to how he draws people...I think they look fine). It will be interesting to see how he'll handle the challenge of doing monthly interiors and meeting deadlines over the long haul.
- In total contrast, I'm not digging GINO's appearance *at all* (one issue is bad enough, but 2 issues focusing on this brown stain of the G universe??! That's more than the # of issues old school King Ghidorah/Megalon/Destroyer, and numerous others have appeared in...utterly ridiculous).
- I take it this is going to be around 12 issues as usual with the ongoing?
- The most recent sales figures are a little alarming (under 7000 issues sold for Godzilla #10).
This new series could be the last if this trend continues. If this is indeed a swan swong, then let's hope this will be a great series). We need an ongoing that is on par with the mini-series for a change.
- I really loved EJ Su's work in G:Legends. Any chance of ever seeing him work on a G comic again?
- We need to see less of MechaGodzilla/Kiryu/whatever and start using different Mecha such as Moguera and Jet Jaguar instead. MG at this point as been way overused in these books and I rather bored with him at this point).
- Finally, I hope Mowry and Frank don't cave into the "this new series must be connected to the KOM & Boxer storyline!" silliness and instead feel free to write a great story without being constrained, held back, or hindered by the shortcomings and ineptness of past books. Rulers of Earth needs to stand on it's own and not waste time tidying up the messes of past storylines...