Japanese Giants Back Issues still available?

Discuss Magazines, Fanzines, and Books devoted to Daikaiju films! A Godzilla article in a Horror or Sci-Fi magazine? New Hobby Japan EX available? New G-Fan arrive in your mailbox? A Godzilla article in your local paper? Discuss it here!!

Moderator: Controllers

Japanese Giants Back Issues still available?

Postby sachiel » Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:34 pm

Hi guys. Just wanted to ask in general whether anyone knows if the Japanese Giants website is still actively run? Reason being, I want to order a few back issues from the website. But before I do place an order would like make sure people are still running the site.

Anyone here know? Also never purchased a copy but are these articles in Japanese Giants usually more detailed than the ones that appear in G-Fan?
sachiel
Heisei Godzilla

Postby sachiel » Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:42 pm

Hate to double post but nobody here can answer my question? Ed? Anyone?
sachiel
Heisei Godzilla

Postby RyanClark » Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:54 am

I don't have a specific answer to your question, but a few years ago when both Ed and I were at the Godzilla & Friends event, he had several copies of several issues, mostly more current issues. I bought a few; I would have no idea what he has left though. Maybe PM him, if he's like me he might check some parts of this forum less than others.
RyanClark
Heisei Godzilla

Postby sachiel » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:46 pm

RyanClark wrote:I don't have a specific answer to your question, but a few years ago when both Ed and I were at the Godzilla & Friends event, he had several copies of several issues, mostly more current issues. I bought a few; I would have no idea what he has left though. Maybe PM him, if he's like me he might check some parts of this forum less than others.

Thanks Ryan for posting some feedback. I dont know I haven't gotten any responses from my emails I sent over to Japanesegiants.com. The webmaster and Ed aren't responding. Can't anyone give me a heads up here with regards to whether or not the website is still selling back issues? :?
sachiel
Heisei Godzilla

Postby sachiel » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:51 pm

I may sound like a broken record here but does anyone, anyone at all know whether Japanese Giants back issues are still being sold on the website? Ed please if you are looking through the forums here at Clubtokyo give me an answer. I am willing to purchase these issues but would like to confirm that the site is operating first before paying....
sachiel
Heisei Godzilla

Postby RyanClark » Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:47 am

sachiel wrote:I may sound like a broken record here but does anyone, anyone at all know whether Japanese Giants back issues are still being sold on the website? Ed please if you are looking through the forums here at Clubtokyo give me an answer. I am willing to purchase these issues but would like to confirm that the site is operating first before paying....

You know, Ed's a member of this forum, you might just PM him directly.
RyanClark
Heisei Godzilla

Postby gila-monster » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:01 am

I can tell you that I did order an issue last year and it arrived in good time. I would be willing to bet he is still running it, but may not check those e-mails too often.
gila-monster
Godzilla Jr.

Postby sachiel » Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:18 am

Thanks for the reply. I may just bite the bullet and order a copy to see if these guys are really reliable. Yeah I PM'ed Ed already weeks ago. I'm guessing he doesnt check his messages too often or has the pop-up blocker activated on his internet browser.
sachiel
Heisei Godzilla

Postby Crowzilla » Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:08 am

Yes - Ed has copies of #7, #9 and #10 still available.
All three of them are excellent magazines.
Crowzilla
Godzillasaurus

Return to Godzilla in Print