Collection Photos

Discuss Vinyl Toys, Action Figures, Candy Toys, Godzilla Meat...whatever!

Moderator: Controllers

Re: Collection Photos

Postby DannyBeane » Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:19 pm

Shin_Edda_Robo!!!!! wrote:I can barely see it! Man that must have been some kind of experience.
Yup, it was from I believe the 2005 G-fest when I met him. I can barely see the signature when holding it in my hand, but its there. He seemed like a nice guy but he spoke Japanese, at the time I spoke English and it was the convention so we were kinda rushed along. I was going to go to this years G-fest to get signatures from the cast of TOMG but alas my finances fell through this past month.
DannyBeane
Burning Godzilla

Postby klen7 » Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:04 pm

Good looking picture
klen7
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby DannyBeane » Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:33 pm

klen7 wrote:Good looking picture

Thanks. I need to photograph my entire collection.
DannyBeane
Burning Godzilla

Postby DannyBeane » Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:17 pm

Here's my GMK Bandai Vinyls. I also have GMK Mothra but I couldn't get her in the shot without it looking cluttered. Confession time, I love the texture of this Ghidorah. Its my favorite figure to touch and hold.
DannyBeane
Burning Godzilla

Postby DannyBeane » Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:52 pm

Here is my GMK Mothra in all her glory.
DannyBeane
Burning Godzilla

Postby Destroysall » Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:19 am

Anyone here use any of the LACK wall shelves from Ikea? I have a few that I haven't used and thought of using them for my collection but I'm terrified at the idea of so much weight placed on them. The other thing that sorta bugs me is how thick they are.
uhh...
Destroysall
Burning Godzilla

Postby DannyBeane » Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:27 am

My plush Hedorah

Comparison between regular bandai and theater exclusive G2k

DannyBeane
Burning Godzilla

Postby DannyBeane » Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:33 am

DannyBeane
Burning Godzilla

Postby AsianAliens » Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:51 am

Destroysall wrote:Anyone here use any of the LACK wall shelves from Ikea? I have a few that I haven't used and thought of using them for my collection but I'm terrified at the idea of so much weight placed on them. The other thing that sorta bugs me is how thick they are.

I use the vertical black style of those shelves, and though I don't have any figure on it, I must say it does hold weight well. Just be sure that it is fully secured in the wall before using it, of course.

Anyways, here's a couple of my favorite figures, Godzilla 1968 and Anguirus 1968 by Bandai. (By the way, anyone on the Facebook Godzilla Collector's Group will recognize this :) )
AsianAliens
Godzilla Egg

Postby Dr Kain » Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:14 pm

DannyBeane wrote:Image

I really want to like that Godzilla vinyl from Bandai Creation as the spines are awesome on it. However, his eyes are just so damn funky. It's like they forgot to finish sculpting the eyebrow on one side.
Dr Kain
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Destroysall » Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:25 am

AsianAliens wrote:
Destroysall wrote:Anyone here use any of the LACK wall shelves from Ikea? I have a few that I haven't used and thought of using them for my collection but I'm terrified at the idea of so much weight placed on them. The other thing that sorta bugs me is how thick they are.

I use the vertical black style of those shelves, and though I don't have any figure on it, I must say it does hold weight well. Just be sure that it is fully secured in the wall before using it, of course.
Thanks. I'll see what I can do with them.

On another note, seeing those Banpresto 1954 Godzilla toys.. makes me wish mine didn't break. I didn't have the colored version, but the black & white one. During a move it got crushed and a few of the limbs came off.. I tried super glue, but the glue ended up turning white even though it said it would be transparent. I can't stand looking at it now.. It saddens me because it was one of my first Godzilla toys that were officially from Japan and what helped start my collection. :(
uhh...
Destroysall
Burning Godzilla

Postby MekaGojira3k » Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:46 pm

I love that BC Godzilla 54. It's my favorite 6 inch Shodai-Goji figure.
"We Can't Stop Here, This is Bat Country!"
Check out the Gojicast, because if you won't...who will?
MekaGojira3k
Millennium Godzilla

Postby DannyBeane » Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:32 pm

Dr Kain wrote:
DannyBeane wrote:Image

I really want to like that Godzilla vinyl from Bandai Creation as the spines are awesome on it. However, his eyes are just so damn funky. It's like they forgot to finish sculpting the eyebrow on one side.

I believe its only $8-10 at Target and well worth the money. I'd just buy it and hide the eyes with another figure lol.
DannyBeane
Burning Godzilla

Postby DannyBeane » Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:23 pm

Here is some of my Anguirus collection.
DannyBeane
Burning Godzilla

Postby Dr Kain » Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:43 pm

I made this the other day:

Dr Kain
Millennium Godzilla

Postby The Great MM » Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:47 pm

So, did my comments about Aliens toys in one of our previous debates make you decide to go out and get them? Haha. Seriously though, looks terrific. I've seen pictures of your collection and I think that is my favorite shelf of yours. The whole diorama scene looks wonderful. A++ from MM.
The Great MM
Godzilla

Postby KaijuZoo » Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:17 pm

Dr Kain wrote:Image

Hudson: That's it, man. Game over, man! Game over! What the frick are we gonna do now? What are we gonna do?

Burke: Maybe we could build a fire, sing a couple of songs, huh? Why don't we try that?

Great job, Kain!!
Jonee
KaijuZoo Toys - Where the Monsters Live
http://www.kaijuzoo.com
KaijuZoo Gallery Slideshow
Kaijuzoo eBay Auctions
G-Fan "Dealer of the Month" - Summer 2005
KaijuZoo
Godzilla

Postby Dr Kain » Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:29 am

The Great MM wrote:So, did my comments about Aliens toys in one of our previous debates make you decide to go out and get them? Haha. Seriously though, looks terrific. I've seen pictures of your collection and I think that is my favorite shelf of yours. The whole diorama scene looks wonderful. A++ from MM.

I don't think you have seen my Big Chap MonsterArt drama in the MA thread, have you? Let's just say that Bandai's lackluster Big Chap and the fact that the Alien line is on hiatus (pretty much unofficially canceled) made me reconsider my options.

KaijuZoo wrote:
Dr Kain wrote:Image

Hudson: That's it, man. Game over, man! Game over! What the frick are we gonna do now? What are we gonna do?

Burke: Maybe we could build a fire, sing a couple of songs, huh? Why don't we try that?

Great job, Kain!!

Funny enough, I titled these three pictures "Game Over, Man" on Facebook.

The Warrior Xenomorphs have a great sculpt, but it seems like their quality is not as good as the original Alien or even the one with that came with Hudson. Their torso articulation is no where near as good as those two as their torsos cannot move upward that much. My other issue is their tails were not attached straight, so the lining of the spine is a little off. THey are still great, but I guess that is what I get for buying figures from a year ago. Of course, I cannot complain about the price I got them for. Still, I might see if the blue colored ones are better when it comes to quality. Of course, when paying close attention to the movie, they were brown, so I'm not sure what I should do.

As for the diorama, to be honest, I'm not happy with it. While I feel it captures the essence of the series, the tubing I used is moving back into its original shape even though I went over it with a hair dryer to heat it up, straightened it, and then ran it under cold water to keep it straight. I'm going to try cutting them into smaller strips and then going from there.
Dr Kain
Millennium Godzilla

Postby DannyBeane » Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:29 pm

It's my Banpresto goji! I love this figure. Big enough to be impressive. Small enough to not get in the way.
DannyBeane
Burning Godzilla

Postby Dr Kain » Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:09 pm

My army is growing:

Last edited by Dr Kain on Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dr Kain
Millennium Godzilla

Postby briizilla » Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:27 am

My entire Godzilla room needs a refresh after my G-fest purchases...lots of trips to Lowes this weekend I think...
~Brian~

briizilla
Burning Godzilla

Postby canofhumdingers » Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:07 pm

It looks like you practically bought an entire collection at g-fest. Color me jealous. :P Based on your purchases alone it looks like the dealer room had an awesome selection this year.
canofhumdingers
Burning Godzilla

Postby canofhumdingers » Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:27 pm

After seeing yours and talking about it, I couldn't resist pulling my KG out of his case and snapping a few pictures.

canofhumdingers
Burning Godzilla

Postby briizilla » Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:36 pm

I think I'm dedicating a good chunk of my weekend to getting my collection room fixed up...hope to have some pics by Monday for here.
~Brian~

briizilla
Burning Godzilla

Postby XvGojira » Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:46 pm

Here's an album of my collection in my apartment. I still have more at my folks and in storage.

Moguera and ED-209 ready to take you on. And the Big Chap because it fit, which the dome didn't seem as horribly translucent as Kain's photos seemed, but it is lighter than it should be.

Not my most expensive purchase at G-Fest but one of my favorites.

And the best birthday gift, from my wonderful girlfriend, I've gotten in a long time. I've seriously wanted this since I saw JP in the theater as a kid.
XvGojira
Burning Godzilla

PreviousNext

Return to Toys, Figures, and Other Collectibles