[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
Reshaping deformed toys. • Monster Zero x SciFi Japan - Archive Only

Reshaping deformed toys.

Discuss Vinyl Toys, Action Figures, Candy Toys, Godzilla Meat...whatever!

Moderator: Controllers

Reshaping deformed toys.

Postby Count Dooku » Sat Feb 05, 2005 8:25 am

My Godzilla Jr in my memorial box has his feet touching. They were both pressed in toward each other. He looks like he is stepping on his own foot. The figure looks silly on display and the slightest jostle makes him fall over sideways.

Liek wise the '55 Godzilla has straits legs. He has no wide stance at all. He looks like hes standing at attention. Is he supposed to be like that?

Does anyone know how to make the toys retain their natural shape? I was thinking of submerging the figure in boiling water, then after it takes its natural shape submerging it in cold water.

I collect Dungeons and Dragons and Star Wars miniatures and the boiling trick works for them and the pait doesnt come off or anything. I was just wondering if the same held true for Bandai vinyls.

Thanks for any advice.
Count Dooku
Godzilla Egg

Postby buddah11674 » Sat Feb 05, 2005 12:03 pm

I wouldn't use boiling water. I've been able to get away with just very hot tap water when reshaping some of my vinyls.

Another thing you might want to try is using wire from a coat hanger and placing it inside the figure. I repositioned the wings on my GMK Mothra and Kaiser Ghidorah using that method.

I've also tried asking the figures very nicely to change the way they're standing. No luck there...............
Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart Image
buddah11674
Godzilla Jr.

Re: Reshaping deformed toys.

Postby Glow-nut » Sat Feb 05, 2005 12:13 pm

Glow-nut
Godzilla Jr.

Postby canofhumdingers » Sat Feb 05, 2005 5:04 pm

I've done the hair dryer thing & it works ok, but i've had the best reults with using very hot tap water, followed by sumersion in room temp water, then cool water. That way it's not such an extreme, yet you get faster cooling so you don't have to wait forever. I certainly wouldn't boil the water though. it's not necessary.
canofhumdingers
Burning Godzilla

Return to Toys, Figures, and Other Collectibles