[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 130: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
'95 Memorial Box question • Monster Zero x SciFi Japan - Archive Only

'95 Memorial Box question

Discuss Vinyl Toys, Action Figures, Candy Toys, Godzilla Meat...whatever!

Moderator: Controllers

'95 Memorial Box question

Postby Mysterio » Fri Sep 02, 2016 1:40 pm

If anyone has the '95 memorial box, could you confirm as exactly as possible what the markings on Megalon's feet should say? A pic would be awesome. The original Megalon figure came out in I think '89 and the set obviously was '95... but is the foot stamped with a different year entirely?

Was there ever a re-release that had the pink/flesh thigh paint like the memorial box version? (Ignoring the infamous bootleg of course).

Thanks for your help!
Mysterio
Godzilla

Re: '95 Memorial Box question

Postby gojira138 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:47 pm

Buy Vinyl, Fresh Vinyl!
www.freshvinylhq.com
gojira138
Godzilla Jr.

Postby Mysterio » Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:11 pm

Hey man, thanks for the reply! The deal is, I picked up a '95 Memorial box on the 'bay recently for what I think was a pretty good price (though not as good as the pristine one you got a few years back... I watched that video and man that was a sweet deal). But mine was missing Hedorah and Megalon (which I knew in advance). Memorial box Hedorah is pretty easy to spot, but because of the bootlegs it's trickier with Megalon.

I came across one on the 'bay that I think is a memorial box Megalon, and after much deliberation I ended up getting it to complete my set. (It has not arrived yet). It has the thigh paint of the memorial box version and I don't think it's a bootleg because I actually have two of those I got real cheap long ago, and both have essentially unpainted eyes and details on the back, but this one is fully painted.

Now, the feet... the old boots just say "made in china". This one does have markings on both feet like the legit ones, but what I'm getting hung up on is that it says "Bandai 1991". IIRC the Bandai Megalon came out in '89, and of course the memorial set is '95. So I'm a bit thrown by the 1991... I dunno if the mold got tweaked so they re-dated it, or if it was otherwise reissued or what. So I'm just hoping someone can confirm that a legit memorial box Megalon does show 1991 as the date, not 1989 or 1995.

Thanks!
Mysterio
Godzilla

Postby gforever » Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:47 pm

From the sounds of it, you should have a legit Megalon. I'm pretty sure they left the original dates on the foot. My '95 memorial Box is in storage but let me see if I can dig it up and take a photo for you. So are you saying the seller said it has "1991" marked on the foot?
<G-FoReVeR>
gforever
Godzilla

Postby Mysterio » Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:09 am

Yeah they included pictures of the feet and it showed 1991. Thanks guys, I really appreciate the help!
Mysterio
Godzilla

Postby gforever » Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:21 am

Dug out my '95 Memorial Box and
Yup looks like 1991 is the legit year stamp on the Memorial Box Megalon.
<G-FoReVeR>
gforever
Godzilla

Postby Mysterio » Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:04 am

Awesome! Thanks very much for your help, I really appreciate it!
Mysterio
Godzilla

Return to Toys, Figures, and Other Collectibles