[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
Collecting Regrets Thread • Monster Zero x SciFi Japan - Archive Only

Collecting Regrets Thread

Discuss Vinyl Toys, Action Figures, Candy Toys, Godzilla Meat...whatever!

Moderator: Controllers

Collecting Regrets Thread

Postby The Great MM » Sat Nov 14, 2015 1:49 pm

We all have them. Either figures and such we regret buying because of how lackluster they are. Or figures we regret not buying for one reason or another. What are some of yours?

There's not too many figures I can say I really regret buying, but I do regret skipping over the SHMA Mothra and Battra Imago figures back when. Sort of wish I would have taken them when they were $60ish. I won't buy the markup prices and now wait for reissues if they ever happen with those two.
The Great MM
Godzilla

Re: Collecting Regrets Thread

Postby william newell » Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:54 am

I'd say the figure I most regret not getting would probably X-Plus's Gappa. I keep hoping for a re-issue, but I doubt that will ever happen. Second on the list would be the BIG Anguirus figure put out by, I believe, Aoshima. As for any regrets on figures bought, those have been sold(or traded)by now...
william newell
Heisei Godzilla

Postby klen7 » Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:28 am

i missed some X-Plus releases, which all but one is currently slated for reissue. I also missed out on a Meganuron variant twice now. I do wish i had gotten into collecting stylized vinyl earlier.

I am in the same boat as william newell, i have sold or traded most figures that i regret getting the few that i havent are sitting in the 'for sale' pile at the moment
klen7
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby Tom R VanSlambrouck » Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:03 pm

I really have buyer's remorse over the SHMA Destoroyah Evo set wasn't worth what I paid for it.

I kind of regret going hog wild and getting all almost all the SHMA line. The only figures I'm missing is the two original effects packs from Japan (One with Super X2 and the military vehicles and the Garuda set), Kiryu Heavy Arms, all the incarnations of G14 and MKG. I did have MKG but I kept getting really bad figures from Amazon so finally by the third figure I decided to give up on MKG.

I think I'm just going to stop collecting the SHMA line because it seems like it's probably going to die. Which is a shame this line used to be really cool but as it progressed more and more figures where plagued with QC issues.
The member formerly known as gvamp
Tom R VanSlambrouck
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Dr Kain » Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:01 am

There are many figures I regret buying. The most recent ones though:

Sentai Figuarts thar aren't Jet, Dai, and Zyu.

If I had known Bandai wasn't going to commit to full teams, I wouldn't have wasted my time or money on getting ranger Figuarts that weren't part of my top favorite series.

Also, I'm regretting getting multiple forms for the Kamen Riders. This is mostly due to space, but it was a waste of money to buy things I can not display. Not to mention a waste of buying figures from series that turned out to be horse ****.
Dr Kain
Millennium Godzilla

Postby canofhumdingers » Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:45 am

canofhumdingers
Burning Godzilla

Postby swfreakjpb » Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:55 pm

The translucent or clear figures that turned yellow, always. Never again. No more translucent figures for me.
Joined in 1997

"Godzilla doesn't give a crap about France" (Tom Green)

Where's a Giant Monster when you need one?
swfreakjpb
Godzilla

Return to Toys, Figures, and Other Collectibles