[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 130: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
Your favorite deals or collecting stories • Monster Zero x SciFi Japan - Archive Only

Your favorite deals or collecting stories

Discuss Vinyl Toys, Action Figures, Candy Toys, Godzilla Meat...whatever!

Moderator: Controllers

Your favorite deals or collecting stories

Postby Hesei » Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:30 pm

Coming back out of the shadows to see what were some of your favorite deals in the collecting scene. These wouldn't be your favorite pieces, necessarily, but a purchase or trade where you were especially happy about the price or was just very memorable. Maybe even what got you into the hobby!

I have two to start off.

This set is currently up on ebay for $125. I remember buying it at GFest for $35! It was my first and only GFest.

This next one is also from GFest 2k. Picked up a High Grade Godzilla, Gorosaurus, Baragon, and Rodan for decent market prices. Can't remember what they were, but they were the very first items I got at GFest. I remember how the Dealer's room/area was blocked off by a velvet rope. This dealer's table was right beside it, and we were all crowding up next to it, counting down the minutes to opening. The crew had to push us all back a few times, but the dealer kept talking with folks! Imagine he did very well that day.
Besides being the first purchase at GFest, the were also my first High Grades and the firsts of these monsters. Gorosaurus has always been my favorite monster, Baragon was always so cool to me, and now I finally had a classic, two-horned Rodan! This was also my first Heisei-looking Godzilla, having only owned Trendmasters stuff before.

Image Image

Image Image

http://www.clubtokyo.org/listings/itemL ... tentID=330
Hesei
Godzilla

Postby Baltan II » Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:17 pm

Any of you guys recall mechascorpio's collection sale? The things I got from him - at least two separate orders, maybe three - were so incredible, at such nice prices, and so numerous that I don't actually remember them all.

One of the highlights, and a toy I regretted selling immensely out of necessity, was , the DX remote control GMK Godzilla. Watching the animated movements of the body were always stunning for a toy, I loved the walking action, and the scale, all for whatever bargain price I paid ($30?) blew my mind. I never should have let him go. It was made doubly entertaining because at the time I'd purchased a used but working Transformers G1 Trypticon, missing most of his parts but with a working motor. I had two motorized walking toys at about the same time to battle it out with each other and torment the dog! Good times!

His sale also is the reason why I briefly got into X-Plus Gamera toys, well before the high-end ones sold today. I still have at least the Nightmare Gamera, my favorite of the bunch, and constantly forget if I also kept the Gamera 2 figure or not. Or it's the other way around. He/they have been in storage a long, long time. Need to pull them out when I reorganize my collection next week.
Baltan II
Burning Godzilla

Postby klen7 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:50 pm

klen7
Meltdown Godzilla

Return to Toys, Figures, and Other Collectibles