[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
Weekly Character Spotlight #13: Gigan (Showa) • Monster Zero x SciFi Japan - Archive Only

Weekly Character Spotlight #13: Gigan (Showa)

Discuss Vinyl Toys, Action Figures, Candy Toys, Godzilla Meat...whatever!

Moderator: Controllers

Postby eabaker » Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:29 am

This little Pack of Destruction version has been in storage for awhile, and just came out... to DESTROY!

I like his wings.

Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.
eabaker
Heisei Godzilla

Postby eabaker » Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:55 pm

Alright, I last posted here with something I pulled out of my Burbank storage unit, so now a couple that had been hiding in my Tustin storage unit: two of my Trendmasters Gigans (the large scale one is presently tucked away in Portland, and thus unavailable to join them).

Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.
eabaker
Heisei Godzilla

Re:

Postby ebirahsmeg1 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:54 am

My Marmit MH Black Gallary Gigan next to the Gigabrain Gigan 73 figure....two of what I believe to be the best Gigan figures ever made.

Here is the standard variant next to a MH G68 and G73 figures:

And here is another favorite of mine, the Marusan flying Gigan:

I just flat out love Showa Gigan...such a cool Kaiju foe for Godzilla. 8) We always here about the "big 5 (Godzilla, Rodan, Mothra, MechaGodzilla, King Ghidorah), but I think this needs to be changed to the "big 7" as Gigan (and Anguirus) both belong in this elite group imo. I would still like to get my hands on either the Xplus 25cm Gigan or the Marmit Iron Joe Gigan down the road if I can ever get motivated to start collecting again (I've been out of the collecting game for almost 2 years now, as today's offerings along with lack of overall kaiju variety has just turned me off completely), both of which are excellent figures as well.....I would definitely like to see more Xplus 25cm Gigan photos! :mrgreen:
:eek:

"F*ck Evangelion." - Me
ebirahsmeg1
Burning Godzilla

Re:

Postby ebirahsmeg1 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:58 am

Just scored the Limited Wonderfest XPlus 25cm Gigan and Megalon set. 8)

:eek:

"F*ck Evangelion." - Me
ebirahsmeg1
Burning Godzilla

Re: Weekly Character Spotlight #13: Gigan (Showa)

Postby Rody » Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:44 pm

With the Gigantic Solvi Life figure arriving, I brought all my cyborgs together for a nice, evil family shoot.
Pictured: the Minimate, the Bandai Creation Pack of Destruction mini-figure, the standard(?) Trendmasters, the six-inch Bandai Creation (normal), and the Solvi towering over them all.

()
Rody
Godzilla

Previous

Return to Toys, Figures, and Other Collectibles