[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
Marmit Monster Heaven Appreciation Thread • Monster Zero x SciFi Japan - Archive Only

Marmit Monster Heaven Appreciation Thread

Discuss Vinyl Toys, Action Figures, Candy Toys, Godzilla Meat...whatever!

Moderator: Controllers

Postby MekaGojira3k » Tue May 29, 2012 12:31 pm

I have no love for that Rodan at all. :lol:

But I have nothing BUT love for that Gorosaurus. He was one of my first few Marmit purchases and I still love him. The darker paint scheme works better, but there's something about that blue and the yellow belly that really appeals to me.
"We Can't Stop Here, This is Bat Country!"

MekaGojira3k
Millennium Godzilla

Postby ebirahsmeg1 » Wed May 30, 2012 8:39 am

Not sure what everyone's dislike of the Rodan figure is all about...I think it's fantastic and definitely one of the better showa Rodan figures out there. However, it's one of those "must see it in person" kind of figure, as I also didn't think too highly of it until I ran across it last year and had to snatch it up...really nails the spirit of the monster. Oh well, different strokes for different folks.

Anyways, onto the next entry...

*VERY* overlooked and underappreciated figure. It has often been passed over because the excellent Bandai 6 inch Titanosaurus was released around the same time, and the paint job is definitely not the most flattering and often makes it look similar to the Marusan Titanosaurus. Make no mistake about it...this is one of the best Titanosaurus figures around, it blows away the Marusan figure, and if it had a more accurate paint job, it could hold its own with the Bandai as well. An overlooked gem and a must for any Marmit collector.

Here are pics of mine below:

Here's a cool looking black gallery variant...but this pic sucks since it's in the bag. I wish there was a clearer version of this one somewhere out there.

For all the bronies out there, here's a cool pink variant ;) :P Definitely not the best variant for Titanosaurs but you can really see the accuracy and detail in this pic:

Finally, there was this nifty "closed tail" variant. I've never laid eyes on it in Japan, but will snatch it up if the circumstances are right.

There are a few more variants found in the CT listings/figures section....
:eek:

"F*ck Evangelion." - Me
ebirahsmeg1
Burning Godzilla

Postby MekaGojira3k » Wed May 30, 2012 12:18 pm

MekaGojira3k
Millennium Godzilla

Postby ebirahsmeg1 » Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:20 am

I never really paid much attention to this particular figure for a number or reasons. For one thing, I am not a very big fan of GFW Gigan's design (I don't hate it nor dislike it...it's just ho hum), but I *LOVE* the showa Gigan design, and the MH and GB figures were more than enough to fulfill my Gigan cravings. Secondly, this figure is rather easy to find around Japan (in fact, it's probably one of the easiest MH figures to hunt down over here). Finally, unlike most collectors, I'm not tied to "one line" and am only concerned with owning the best representation of each kaiju, and I already owned Banpresto's GFW Gigan 8 inch figure and Bandai's "Powerup/Chainsaw" 8 inch figure.

However, I was never all too satisified either one. The Banpresto figure's pose is rather bland and lifeless, and Bandai's figure looks rediculous with it's wide-legged "splits" pose and often falls over when trying to stand it up. Despite not being a big fan of GFW Angilas, the MH figure is just outstanding and led me to snatch it up....likewise, I had the same revelation with this Gigan figure...it's just a well made, excellent figure all around, and really puts the Banpresto/Bandai figures to shame. Also, it was only 3500 yen, which seemed like a no brainer.

I really wish I could pose this next to my showa Gigan MH and GB figures, but alas they're back home in America. So everyone, what do you think? Please post your thoughts!

Here are some other variants:

"F*ck Evangelion." - Me
ebirahsmeg1
Burning Godzilla

Postby MekaGojira3k » Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:08 pm

MekaGojira3k
Millennium Godzilla

Postby ebirahsmeg1 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:51 am

You can pretty much cut and paste my comments about the MH Titanosaurus here and that sums up my feelings about this figure...I love it. Very underrated, and people tend to overlook it because it's paint scheme is not accurate. Make no bones about it, this is a *fantastic*, highly accurate (sans paint scheme) Megalon figure. Many variants have been released, and I have the green variant above. Below are some others:

As much as I love this line and all the cool variants, I really wish Marmit would do what Gigabrain does, and that's release at least *1* variant that has an "accurate" scheme. Megalon's wings are very colorful/unique, and would be great to see that on this MH figure. Below is a "custom" paint job of the MH with a more accurate scheme, and it looks great.

"F*ck Evangelion." - Me
ebirahsmeg1
Burning Godzilla

Postby MekaGojira3k » Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:02 am

I have that first variant. You know, as cool as that custom figure is I still love the glitter vinyl in the one I have. It just really appeals to me.

I do agree that there should be at least the one matte color accurate color scheme for these figures.

MekaGojira3k
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Bio_Goji_89 » Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:34 am

My Monster Heaven toys so far... Got a regular '64 on the way

Bio_Goji_89
Godzilla

Postby MekaGojira3k » Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:47 pm

Jesus, I'd love to have that largescale Mosu-Goji. I'd really love to have all of the big Godzillas, but I only have the 62.

MekaGojira3k
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Bio_Goji_89 » Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:55 pm

Bio_Goji_89
Godzilla

Postby TripMasterMunky » Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:57 pm

J>E Translator. I like Japanese video games, giant monsters, and more. よろしくお願いします。
TripMasterMunky
Godzilla

Postby Jomei » Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:42 pm

Welcome to Monst--ahem, Marmit Island!

(olo)ノシ 「シュワッチ!」
Jomei
Little Godzilla

Postby MekaGojira3k » Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:50 pm

MekaGojira3k
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Jomei » Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:50 pm

As much as I love M1, I think Marmit takes the Biollante cake.

What figure should I hunt down next? Titanosaurus is certainly high on my list. Wouldn't mind King Seesar, either, and my collection is definitely hurting for a Gigan.
(olo)ノシ 「シュワッチ!」
Jomei
Little Godzilla

Postby sachiel » Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:51 am

LOL. While the M1 Biollante has a lot of character and style going for it I do prefer the more realistic Marmit Monster Heaven Biollante. When compared to the Marmit, the M1 Biollante reminds me of a Robot Chicken plastacine model. lol. :lol:
sachiel
Heisei Godzilla

Previous

Return to Toys, Figures, and Other Collectibles