SH MonsterArts Discussion ( + related military vehicles)

Discuss Vinyl Toys, Action Figures, Candy Toys, Godzilla Meat...whatever!

Moderator: Controllers

SH MonsterArts Discussion ( + related military vehicles)

Postby Timz » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:52 pm

At Plastic Joint's Facebook page, they have indicated that there was a tweet of sorts on the Tamashii Nations page that "It's coming!" And there is a LINK to the Gojira 1954 trailer. This weekend is Tamashii Nations volume two weekend for this year in Japan and news and hints always surrounds these events. I am glad to have seen this information. I asked them at Plastic Joint to further clarify just to make sure there was no mistake and a response was made by posting a link directly to the Twitter page for Tamashii Nations.

Here is the link: http://twitter.com/TamashiiNations/stat ... 5926721536

If you click that first link with the "http" you will see the video source.

So what does this all mean...well I don't perceive, speculate or anticipate anything other than a super articulate Godzilla. This would be something that really makes the fandom take notice.

This can also possibly point to a super articular Jiras for the Ultra-Act line. Oh do they dare give us that one too?!

EDIT: Changing title of thread to read as "Godzilla Tamashii Figuarts discussion". It was originally titled "WHAT FIGURE COLLECTORS HAVE HOPED FOR...Can it be???" based on yesterday evenings first post with a "hint" of a possible new figure line, which wasn't fully confirmed until later on.

EDIT (on 12-6-11 @ request of BrollySupersj title was changed)
Last edited by Timz on Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:13 am, edited 4 times in total.
I can hear really well and I am STRONGER than ever!
Timz
Burning Godzilla

Postby MekaGojira3k » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:15 pm

Interesting.
"We Can't Stop Here, This is Bat Country!"
Check out the Gojicast, because if you won't...who will?
MekaGojira3k
Millennium Godzilla

Re: WHAT FIGURE COLLECTORS HAVE HOPED FOR...Can it be???

Postby Legion » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:22 pm

Timothy2035 wrote:So what does this all mean...well I don't perceive, speculate or anticipate anything other than a super articulate Godzilla. This would be something that really makes the fandom take notice.

If Kaiyodo can't do a Godzilla how could anyone else?
http://legion1979.tumblr.com/

Hello, Nice Warners! - A Thorough Analysis of Every Animaniacs Episode
Legion
Meltdown Godzilla

Re: WHAT FIGURE COLLECTORS HAVE HOPED FOR...Can it be???

Postby Timz » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:25 pm

Legion wrote:
Timothy2035 wrote:So what does this all mean...well I don't perceive, speculate or anticipate anything other than a super articulate Godzilla. This would be something that really makes the fandom take notice.

If Kaiyodo can't do a Godzilla how could anyone else?

Tamashii works with Bandai on the Ultra-Acts. You never know what is behind the curtain. Bandai may allow Tamashii to produce this since they already have a relationship going. I don't think Bandai has a strong relationship with Kaiyodo and someone pointed out that they are rival companies. With this video being on the Tamashii page, there can really only be this possibility of a super articulate Gojira. I don't think they would do anything else related to that movie. It just makes a lot of good connect the dots anticipation on this "hint".
Timz
Burning Godzilla

Postby Gamzilla » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:52 pm

it's too early for an april fool's joke..
Gamzilla
Godzilla Jr.

Postby Timz » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:56 pm

Gamzilla wrote:it's too early for an april fool's joke..

yeah true, but this was on the Tamashii Tweeter page. This was posted on Plastic Joint's Facebook page which I am one of the "liked" paged followers. I saw the FB wall posting and I asked further from their link. I was just wanting to make sure it was not some mistake on their part. The Plastic Joint page creator/admin responded back by giving me that link. So I looked at it. It appears to be real. With a commenter section also. It is too early for April Fools. This weekend is Tamashii Nation volume 2 event. So we will have to see what further develops on this.

If they have pranked us...Mothra will make them pay for that. :P
Timz
Burning Godzilla

Postby Baltan II » Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:26 pm

"Tamashii" is not a separate company like Kaiyodo. It's a division of Bandai that handles collector-oriented properties and their merchandise. Not the kiddie stuff like roleplay weapons, but awesome collector's lines like Soul of Chogokin, Robot Damashii, and S.H. Figuarts.

The Twitter account in question belongs to the new American distributor of all Tamashii lines. They have supplied information that proved to be 100% accurate in a short period of time, so they have access to Bandai's plans.

This is not a joke, not a hoax, and probably a spoiler of one of Tamashii Feature's biggest announcements this year.
Baltan II
Burning Godzilla

Postby Timz » Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:13 pm

Pedoleon wrote:"Tamashii" is not a separate company like Kaiyodo. It's a division of Bandai that handles collector-oriented properties and their merchandise. Not the kiddie stuff like roleplay weapons, but awesome collector's lines like Soul of Chogokin, Robot Damashii, and S.H. Figuarts.

The Twitter account in question belongs to the new American distributor of all Tamashii lines. They have supplied information that proved to be 100% accurate in a short period of time, so they have access to Bandai's plans.

This is not a joke, not a hoax, and probably a spoiler of one of Tamashii Feature's biggest announcements this year.

well, well...we can only wonder with great speculation and excitement. :calvin:

An articulate Godzilla would indeed be rather...delicious news for the figure fandom. My favorite Gojira incarnation would be Return of Godzilla aka Godzilla 1985. That would be my favorite one of the Goji suit lot. Second would be the 90s Heisei. Those are the main ones I am interested in. As a secondary choice...Godzilla 98 aka Zilla is my follow-up suit liking as well.
Timz
Burning Godzilla

Postby Legion » Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:27 pm

Timothy2035 wrote:An articulate Godzilla would indeed be rather...delicious news for the figure fandom. My favorite Gojira incarnation would be Return of Godzilla aka Godzilla 1985. That would be my favorite one of the Goji suit lot. Second would be the 90s Heisei. Those are the main ones I am interested in.

Why would you want super articulated toys of Godzilla suits that could barely move?

Legion
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby Timz » Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:36 pm

Legion wrote:
Timothy2035 wrote:An articulate Godzilla would indeed be rather...delicious news for the figure fandom. My favorite Gojira incarnation would be Return of Godzilla aka Godzilla 1985. That would be my favorite one of the Goji suit lot. Second would be the 90s Heisei. Those are the main ones I am interested in.

Why would you want super articulated toys of Godzilla suits that could barely move?

the posing? They should be pretty good. Opening and closing jaw parts, individually teeth and possibly interchangeable fists. A jointed neck for a turning head and moving up & down along with breath ray attachments plus fully poseable tails. It would be better than just having the regular Bandai figures.
Timz
Burning Godzilla

Postby howze01 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:03 am

All this time and I had no idea that this is what I had hoped for....kinda disappointed in myself there are a lot of things I thought I would have liked before this.
howze01
Godzilla

Postby BrollySupersj » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:13 am

Gentlemen...BEHOLD!!!!

http://www.itsalltrue.net/?p=11637

:eek:
BrollySupersj
Heisei Godzilla

Postby howze01 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:19 am

Alright. I am man enough to admit I was wrong. They are pretty awesome. Especially the M.O.G.E.R.A. and Mechagodzilla. The robot designs just lend themselves better to this kind of figure. I am not a huge fan of the Godzillas from the back but they are pretty cool figures nonetheless.
howze01
Godzilla

Postby BrollySupersj » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:25 am

Here's hoping they'll be a good affordable price. Either way, they look fantastic, my body is ready.
BrollySupersj
Heisei Godzilla

Postby Legion » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:39 am

Heisei figures? Really?

They're incredibly cool but...that's really the last batch of characters I would have wanted.

Legion
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby BrollySupersj » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:43 am

Legion wrote:Heisei figures? Really?

They're incredibly cool but...that's really the last batch of characters I would have wanted.

Bandai finds your lack of appreciation disturbing.

Ok, so we were all pissed with what they did to Kaiyodo. But...they're certainly throwing us a bone now.

BE HAPPY.
BrollySupersj
Heisei Godzilla

Postby canofhumdingers » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:44 am

Holy moly. Well, now I'm not so mad at Bandai for holding out on Kaiyodo (though some Showa stuff would be nice to see....) It kind of makes me wonder if revoltech helped put the pressure on to make this happen. Oh man, this is going to be painful on the wallet... And how to convince the wife these are needs & not wants.....?
canofhumdingers
Burning Godzilla

Postby Legion » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:45 am

BrollySupersj wrote:

Ok, so we were all pissed with what they did to Kaiyodo. But...they're certainly throwing us a bone now.

BE HAPPY.

You know me. I'd rather have soft vinyl Showa monsters. And I did say these look awesome. I just have enough Heisie Godzillas and Mechagodzillas in my collection already from Bandai. But if this means a possible Showa Ghidora then I say bring it on.

If anything the standard Heisei Godzilla looks like a must have.

Legion
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby BrollySupersj » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:52 am

Legion wrote:
BrollySupersj wrote:

BE HAPPY.

You know me. I'd rather have soft vinyl Showa monsters. And I did say these look awesome. I just have enough Heisie Godzillas and Mechagodzillas in my collection already from Bandai. But if this means a possible Showa Ghidora then I say bring it on.

If anything the standard Heisei Godzilla looks like a must have.

But you don't have one LIKE THIS. :D
BrollySupersj
Heisei Godzilla

Postby howze01 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:54 am

To me, it all depends on price. If they run in the $30 range, I will try and pick them up. Much more than that and there are other things that I would rather have that can be found at those prices.
howze01
Godzilla

Postby BrollySupersj » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:00 am

The S.H. Figuarts are part of the Tamashii Nation division right?

Their Kamen Rider figures run at 1000 yen from what I see at amiami.com.

Could be a price indicator for these Godzilla figures. But with how great they're looking, I think Bandai is gonna have a nice price tag printed on these. :cry:

On another note, anyone able to read the name in the images? It looks like something something "ACTION".

Toho Action?
Godzilla Action?
Kaiju Action?
BrollySupersj
Heisei Godzilla

Postby Gamzilla » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:19 am

I'd look for these to be in the same price range as the Ultra Act Gomora & Eleking
Gamzilla
Godzilla Jr.

Postby BrollySupersj » Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:14 am

Ya know, part of me suspects that Destroyah and Space Godzilla will be shown next.
BrollySupersj
Heisei Godzilla

Postby Timz » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:37 am

Gamzilla wrote:I'd look for these to be in the same price range as the Ultra Act Gomora & Eleking

yeah I think it will be like that also. The weight by looks only appears to be in the Gomora and Eleking range.

I am sooo glad I saw that little news bit on that Facebook wall. HAHA! I have ALWAYS WANTED an articulate Heisei Gojira and my dream comes true oo for my collection. Plus that AWESOME looking M.O.G.U.E.R.A will be like icing on the cake. I wonder if they plan to do a Mothra as well? As seemingly Kaiyodo was going to do a larval stage one but put it in limbo.

Looking further on those links I saw the Ultra-Act Glen Fire and Mirror Knight. They LOOKED GREAT also. Makes me glad I didn't buy those standard ones Bandai released recently.

Edit: The bright side of this is that the figures will be available THIS Fall. :lol:

EDIT #2: I just updated the Ultra-Act thread with the pics for the Glen Fire and Mirror Knight.
Timz
Burning Godzilla

Postby Eleking » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:18 pm

pic links going in new toys section now just for reference. (and I was late...)
Last edited by Eleking on Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eleking
Little Godzilla

Next

Return to Toys, Figures, and Other Collectibles