SH MonsterArts Discussion ( + related military vehicles)

Discuss Vinyl Toys, Action Figures, Candy Toys, Godzilla Meat...whatever!

Moderator: Controllers

Postby Baltan II » Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:01 am

Heisei designs are going to be the safest bet as far as Bandai's concerned, so I'm not surprised they were the first to appear in this line (which I hope gets a proper name during the next Tamashii Feature's weekend). Look how much mileage Bandai got from the 6" vinyls, and so many of those sculpts hadn't been touched or improved in decades. The market has supported Heisei for some time, and in a small collector's line with international appeal, it makes sense to take that route first.

Kaiyodo definitely went a riskier route that must have paid off to some degree. However, it inevitably came down to the obvious question of "Where's Godzilla?" and now that we have a clear-cut, definitive answer to that question, and the competitor is showing off their wares, the demand is definitely going to peter out. Which is such a shame as I think Gigan looks great so far (mine is still with AmiAmi) and might be the best Toho Revoltech.
Baltan II
Burning Godzilla

Postby BrollySupersj » Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:45 am

MekaGojira3k wrote:Realistically I wouldn't expect much of anything outside of the Heisei series. Not at first anyhow.

As long as they deliver a proper Space Godzilla, they can make the entire line Heisei for a thousand years.
BrollySupersj
Heisei Godzilla

Postby Timz » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:05 am

BrollySupersj wrote:
As long as they deliver a proper Space Godzilla, they can make the entire line Heisei for a thousand years.

oh I have full confidence they will have a "proper" Space Godzilla, and one that everyone would want.

I just wish they entertain having a Biollante done in this line. It would be of course a pretty hefty figure. I am imaging having at least 4 moving tentacles along with the neck able to rotate forward, back and side to side. We probably are looking at no leg "roots" articulation, but I suppose the large mouth being able to open and close while showing those rose thorn like teeth will make us holler like rabid fans. :P
I can hear really well and I am STRONGER than ever!
Timz
Burning Godzilla

Postby MekaGojira3k » Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:11 pm

I'm most interested in a super poseable Destroyah and Ghidorah 91'.
The ghidorah probably moreso.

It's such a shame that the Revoltech TOHO stuff is probably over with for good. It might have actually given us kaiju like Varan, Gorosaurus, and the like.
"We Can't Stop Here, This is Bat Country!"
Check out the Gojicast, because if you won't...who will?
MekaGojira3k
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Timz » Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:54 pm

MekaGojira3k wrote:I'm most interested in a super poseable Destroyah and Ghidorah 91'.
The ghidorah probably moreso.

It's such a shame that the Revoltech TOHO stuff is probably over with for good. It might have actually given us kaiju like Varan, Gorosaurus, and the like.

I can imagine Destoroyah being pretty nice size (if they follow the movie scaling haha). It will be a BIG step-up from the regular limited articulation Destoroyah with a poseable tail.

Well if Bandai does go backwards at some point, then other Showas will be up for possible creation, and I hope so for a Varan, JJ, Megalon, Gigan and King Caesar. They will go backwards, as they know they will hit a homerun with the alien Mechagodzilla I.
Timz
Burning Godzilla

Postby MekaGojira3k » Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:07 pm

Yeah I expect we'll get a few Showa characters (Probably versions of characters already seen), and definitely a 54 Godzilla. They always make a figure of him.
MekaGojira3k
Millennium Godzilla

Postby canofhumdingers » Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:13 pm

Despite the millennium era detractors here, I for one would LOVE to see a Mire/Gira Goji figure in this line. I love that suit & a super articulated version would be fantastic. I also think a FW Gigan could be incredibly awesome (though, already having one of the diecast versions, I'd be less disappointed not to see that). And of course getting GMK figures would bequite cool (esp. Godzilla and Baragon).

But ultimatley what I'd really want is Showa figures. If we got a full line up of monster figures from G:TTHM I'd fall out of my chair in shock & excitement. Seriously, that would be tha coolest thing I could possibly imagine for this line.
canofhumdingers
Burning Godzilla

Postby king_ghidorah » Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:22 pm

I think from the Millenium series we will probably see a few different figures as some of the designs for the respective kaiju are popular...I'd be shocked if we didn't get a FW Gigan, and an Final Wars Angilas makes more sense then the 55 design. Makes sense to me that we'd get a GMK Baragon and Godzilla as well as they are two fairly popular designs but with those exceptions...(as well as a G2000 sculpt and an SoS Mothra and Kiryu) I really hope they stay away from the Millenium series for the most part. Actually, I just mentioned a heck of a lot of exceptions there...hmmm

I guess what I'm trying to say is that for me it's not a black or white issue...Showa figures would be nice (I think the world might end if they made a Showa KG :D ) but I can deff see that taking the best from all eras is the way to go, with the Hesei series in particular seeming to sell well I think it's a safe bet we will at the very least, get an almost complete Hesei collection before it's all said and done.
king_ghidorah
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby walshiam » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:25 pm

canofhumdingers wrote:Despite the millennium era detractors here, I for one would LOVE to see a Mire/Gira Goji figure in this line. I love that suit & a super articulated version would be fantastic. I also think a FW Gigan could be incredibly awesome (though, already having one of the diecast versions, I'd be less disappointed not to see that). And of course getting GMK figures would bequite cool (esp. Godzilla and Baragon).

But ultimatley what I'd really want is Showa figures. If we got a full line up of monster figures from G:TTHM I'd fall out of my chair in shock & excitement. Seriously, that would be tha coolest thing I could possibly imagine for this line.

I feel that way about DAM (with exception to Rodan which was better in MZ).
walshiam
Godzilla

Postby Timz » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:32 pm

speaking of the 2000 era of Goji kaiju...I think the one attractive figure that could be made is Megaguirus. With the articulation that could be given to the tail, the wings and the legs along with front claws and mouth parts/mandibles, that would be one interesting figure. Megs has not really had a huge impact on the figure market, but this new Figuarts line could make her a most sought after figure if released on the market. :)
Timz
Burning Godzilla

Postby howze01 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:35 pm

Gorosaurus.... That is all.
howze01
Godzilla

Postby MekaGojira3k » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:41 pm

howze01 wrote:Gorosaurus.... That is all.

Yes. Let's have some of that.
MekaGojira3k
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Timz » Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:56 pm

other interesting "Showa" mentionables are an articulated Ebirah (finally :P) and if they release a suit Goji from that movie, maybe they should release Giant Condor as an accessory instead of using a breath ray accessory! :P
Timz
Burning Godzilla

Postby JordanGLC » Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:01 pm

Timothy2035 wrote:other interesting "Showa" mentionables are an articulated Ebirah (finally :P) and if they release a suit Goji from that movie, maybe they should release Giant Condor as an accessory instead of using a breath ray accessory! :P
And give Ebirah a boulder. :D
Let those who worship evil's might, beware my power...

My Creature Features
JordanGLC
Godzilla

Postby Legion » Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:55 pm

king_ghidorah wrote:I'd be shocked if we didn't get a FW Gigan,

I'd be pissed. Really pissed. Especially if it was really early in this line. We got a FW Gigan in the die-cast series and multiple versions in the vinyl line. Enough is enough.

and an Final Wars Angilas makes more sense then the 55 design.

But would it sell?

Makes sense to me that we'd get a GMK Baragon and Godzilla as well as they are two fairly popular designs but with those exceptions...(as well as a G2000 sculpt and an SoS Mothra and Kiryu) I really hope they stay away from the Millenium series for the most part.

Kiryu? That would be asinine. I can't be the only one who thinks Bandai has done enough with that character right? Two die cast figures, two DX versions, multiple versions in the 4" Ultimate Godzilla line and (on my count) 11 different vinyl toys if you count exclusives. It's been done.

And a '91 Ghidora before a Showa version when that's all everyone has been asking for for years? Hell effin' no.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that for me it's not a black or white issue...Showa figures would be nice (I think the world might end if they made a Showa KG :D ) but I can deff see that taking the best from all eras is the way to go...

Bandai has done enough from the Millennium series. Period. That series came out when Bandai was really aggressive with pumping out vinyl exclusives, die-cast toys and DX figures. I'd had enough with all of those monsters. To me more stuff from that series seems like an awful waste of time.

with the Hesei series in particular seeming to sell well I think it's a safe bet we will at the very least, get an almost complete Hesei collection before it's all said and done.

If they plan to do that and completely ignore the Showa series I'm bailing completely. Showa is the way to go if they want to bring in the adult collectors. ESPECIALLY considering there's an assload of Showa monsters who have no 6" presence from Bandai.
http://legion1979.tumblr.com/

Hello, Nice Warners! - A Thorough Analysis of Every Animaniacs Episode
Legion
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby Bio_Goji_89 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:07 pm

I wouldn't mind seeing the entire Heisei line - could you imagine a Biollante? But I don't give a damn about anymore Millenium toys.

Certainly not before the Showa characters.

Personally, I want the entire cast of Destroy All Monsters.

Gorosaurus!!!
Bio_Goji_89
Godzilla

Postby Timz » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:09 pm

Legion wrote: Showa is the way to go if they want to bring in the adult collectors. ESPECIALLY considering there's an assload of Showa monsters who have no 6" presence from Bandai.

yeah there are sooo many good ones to make an articulated figure for like Ebirah, Varan, King Caesar and several others who definitely deserve an opportunity to be a figure.
Timz
Burning Godzilla

Postby MekaGojira3k » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:11 pm

I don't doubt that the Showa stuff is what most collectors are waiting for. The thing is, thus far we've seen 4 heisei figures...and Bandai does love those guys. The excess of millennium designs was undoubtedly due to the aggressive market push from Bandai during that film series, but if we're getting a Gigan or something we'll be getting the FW version. I also wouldn't put it past them to release the 99' or 00' Godzilla given they smacked that thing on a ton of merchandise (to the point that his silhouette was the 50th anniversary logo).
MekaGojira3k
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Baltan II » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:12 pm

Legion wrote:I'd be pissed. Really pissed. Especially if it was really early in this line. We got a FW Gigan in the die-cast series and multiple versions in the vinyl line. Enough is enough.

I'm gonna get pics for confirmation later, but I'm quite sure all of the diecast figures (I own two Gigans) are in scale with Ultra-Act, even more than the vinyls. And if THAT is the scale of the Godzilla line, we really, really don't need those first. In fact, that explains why we're getting Super Mechagodzilla of all things. He's the one and only MG, love it or hate it, that never to get a Chogokin release.
Baltan II
Burning Godzilla

Postby Timz » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:22 pm

Hah I just read at a forum about the same discussion and someone has mentioned a high hope for maybe Image getting introduced as a figure.

How many think this can be something actually possible?

Toho has a real chance now to make Godzilla and his kaiju buddies popular again with this super articulated line of figures IMO. The movie is due out next year, and undoubtedly Legendary may open the film on the same day in both the USA and Japan. Momentum for Godzilla may really pick up at the San Diego Comic Con. These figures may make an appearance there since they are coming to the USA. Legendary or Warner may also do a film teaser as well. Just makes sense to bring more monsters out or have announcements going about the line's near future inclusions. If they can release some figures like a few months apart (like they do for the Ultra-Acts), we may see a nice number available within a year.
Timz
Burning Godzilla

Postby Legion » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:29 pm

MekaGojira3k wrote:but if we're getting a Gigan or something we'll be getting the FW version..

But considering just how popular the original Gigan is in Japan what makes you so sure of that?

Legion
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby MekaGojira3k » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:34 pm

Legion wrote:
MekaGojira3k wrote:but if we're getting a Gigan or something we'll be getting the FW version..

But considering just how popular the original Gigan is in Japan what makes you so sure of that?

*shrug* it looks cooler.
MekaGojira3k
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Legion » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:40 pm

MekaGojira3k wrote:
Legion wrote:

*shrug* it looks cooler.

If you like the design. I don't.

Legion
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby sachiel » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:43 pm

Timothy2035 wrote:The movie is due out next year, and undoubtedly Legendary may open the film on the same day in both the USA and Japan. Momentum for Godzilla may really pick up at the San Diego Comic Con. These figures may make an appearance there since they are coming to the USA. Legendary or Warner may also do a film teaser as well.

Its highly unlikely that the new Godzilla movie will be ready by 2012. But your right about the possibility of increased amounts of merchandise and event promotions as we do get closer to the film's release date. In the mean time its time for Bandai to churn out Heisei, Showa and other Toho monsters if so willing depending on the sales.

I swear if these figures are genuinely good everybody here at Clubtokyo forums should buy at least one of these to give Bandai the message that they should continue with this toy line. I'm already signed up for both Heisei Godzillas as is....heh.
sachiel
Heisei Godzilla

Postby king_ghidorah » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:48 pm

Legion you make me laugh....you act like companies producing Godzilla toys have some sort of internal drive that compels them to do what we the fans want...just watch, the first Showa figure we get, will be a Hedorah and the next Godzilla will be a glittery, meltdown Destroyah Godzilla...

And I think at this point most of us are willing to accept that Godzilla is probably coming out in 2013, which is fine by me as 2012 is pretty crowded. 2013 just makes more sense.
Last edited by king_ghidorah on Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
king_ghidorah
Meltdown Godzilla

PreviousNext

Return to Toys, Figures, and Other Collectibles