SH MonsterArts Discussion ( + related military vehicles)

Discuss Vinyl Toys, Action Figures, Candy Toys, Godzilla Meat...whatever!

Moderator: Controllers

Postby howze01 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:54 am

BrollySupersj wrote:
howze01 wrote:Yuck. That radioactive breath accessory is terrible.

Pfffffffft, you're just jelly.

Ah, you're right. Somehow I just couldn't hide it....
howze01
Godzilla

Postby Legion » Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:35 am

Flame of Udin wrote:
Legion wrote:Heisei figures? Really?

They're incredibly cool but...that's really the last batch of characters I would have wanted.

Why not? The Revoltech lines are covering the Showa kaiju, why not let Bandai do the Heisei ones?

Because all signs indicate that this line is going to end up killing Revoltech series.
http://legion1979.tumblr.com/

Hello, Nice Warners! - A Thorough Analysis of Every Animaniacs Episode
Legion
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby Timz » Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:41 am

Flame of Udin wrote:I have to say the detail of these figures is ridiculous. It is like they shrunk the damn suits! and the breath doesn't look as bad as people say. I usually roll my eyes when Bandai announces more of their beloved Heisei characters, but good gods, these figures are AMAZING looking! I can't wait to see more pictures!

Oh, btw, I love how they hide the joints as folds in the suit.

Also, something that will keep the scaling fans happy, the Heisei kaiju are a alot bigger then the Showa ones, so if you put them next to the Revoltechs they probably won't be too far off size wise since the figures in this line are more then likely going to be around 6-7 inches.

yeah I noticed that also just looking at the MOGUERA and MG II suit (err figures). It is like they looked almost like the actual movie props. The paint job for the metallic sheen is just about spot on with the movie. Notice even the look of the plasma grenade cannon area on MG II. I can't wait to see more.

Hey just imagine when they do the GMK baragon with all that articulation. If people really loved the Showa Baragon by Revoltech, they will really like the GMK one also.
I can hear really well and I am STRONGER than ever!
Timz
Burning Godzilla

Postby Legion » Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:58 am

Timothy2035 wrote:yeah I noticed that also just looking at the MOGUERA and MG II suit (err figures). It is like they looked almost like the actual movie props. The paint job for the metallic sheen is just about spot on with the movie. Notice even the look of the plasma grenade cannon area on MG II. I can't wait to see more.

One thing I've noticed about these new figures is that the articulation is working around the sculpts, while the Revoltechs compromised the sculpts in order to work around the joints that are the main selling point of the figures.

I can see myself really enjoying this line because these figures look incredibly screen accurate, while the Revoltechs are oddly proportioned with lanky arms and legs because everything is trying to work around the little ball joints.

Legion
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby Timz » Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:32 pm

Legion wrote:
Timothy2035 wrote:yeah I noticed that also just looking at the MOGUERA and MG II suit (err figures). It is like they looked almost like the actual movie props. The paint job for the metallic sheen is just about spot on with the movie. Notice even the look of the plasma grenade cannon area on MG II. I can't wait to see more.

One thing I've noticed about these new figures is that the articulation is working around the sculpts, while the Revoltechs compromised the sculpts in order to work around the joints that are the main selling point of the figures.

I can see myself really enjoying this line because these figures look incredibly screen accurate, while the Revoltechs are oddly proportioned with lanky arms and legs because everything is trying to work around the little ball joints.

yeah much like how Ultra-Act Eleking's joints are set up in "articulation working around the sculpts" (as you put it). I am really glad to see this line get created. I am just imagining now what an articulated Varan would be like. Ho, ho!!!
Timz
Burning Godzilla

Postby MekaGojira3k » Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:34 pm

Timothy2035 wrote:yeah much like how Ultra-Act Eleking's joints are set up in "articulation working around the sculpts" (as you put it). I am really glad to see this line get created. I am just imagining now what an articulated Varan would be like. Ho, ho!!!

Yeah the problem with this, is that Bandai is far less likely to give us a Varan than Revoltech was. Revoltech clearly had a love for more obscure and classic kaiju designs (Baragon, Mogera 57', Rodan 57'), I can expect Bandai to do mostly characters they whored out time and time again in their 6 inch line, but if they were to surprise me, I wouldn't mind. :D
"We Can't Stop Here, This is Bat Country!"
Check out the Gojicast, because if you won't...who will?
MekaGojira3k
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Timz » Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:53 pm

MekaGojira3k wrote:
Timothy2035 wrote:yeah much like how Ultra-Act Eleking's joints are set up in "articulation working around the sculpts" (as you put it). I am really glad to see this line get created. I am just imagining now what an articulated Varan would be like. Ho, ho!!!

Yeah the problem with this, is that Bandai is far less likely to give us a Varan than Revoltech was. Revoltech clearly had a love for more obscure and classic kaiju designs (Baragon, Mogera 57', Rodan 57'), I can expect Bandai to do mostly characters they whored out time and time again in their 6 inch line, but if they were to surprise me, I wouldn't mind. :D

haha I know what you mean. I wonder why they cancelled the Jet Jaguar, who is like you say "obsure". Well if Bandai ends up making him, I bet Jet Jaguar as a Figuart would be sensational. :lol: :eek:
Timz
Burning Godzilla

Postby Bio_Goji_89 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:36 pm

Legion wrote:One thing I've noticed about these new figures is that the articulation is working around the sculpts, while the Revoltechs compromised the sculpts in order to work around the joints that are the main selling point of the figures.

I always wanted to point this out but was afraid the Revoltech lovers would murder me. The Revoltech's are cool toys, but they aren't exactly God's gift to Godzilla fans IMO.

I hope Bandai does the Showa characters. Time will tell. I will be buying these as soon as I can. Hopefully they are released domestically in the US, it would be cool to actually walk into a store and buy a Godzilla item.
Bio_Goji_89
Godzilla

Postby Legion » Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:47 pm

Bio_Goji_89 wrote:I always wanted to point this out but was afraid the Revoltech lovers would murder me. The Revoltech's are cool toys, but they aren't exactly God's gift to Godzilla fans IMO.

This is agree with 100%. It's also the reason why I'm on the fence with the Revoltech Gigan and Angilas. The details are nice but the proportions are way off. I've yet to see the Angilas figure in a convincing quadruped pose because the arms and legs are way too long. Same with Gigan.

I hope Bandai does the Showa characters. Time will tell.

I hope they do too. I would be a shame if we get nothing but stuff Bandai has already done to death for the past 15 years. Their last product line (the Ultimate Monsters PVC series) was a creative failure as far as I'm concerned because we got nothing but Millennium figures. And a Space Godzilla. Are these the characters Bandai thinks are the most popular?

Legion
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby sachiel » Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:57 pm

Legion wrote:
Flame of Udin wrote:
Legion wrote:Heisei figures? Really?

They're incredibly cool but...that's really the last batch of characters I would have wanted.

Why not? The Revoltech lines are covering the Showa kaiju, why not let Bandai do the Heisei ones?

Because all signs indicate that this line is going to end up killing Revoltech series.

Yeah but theres one other major factor that we dont have info on right now. Thats the price. I mean sure they dont look as good as these godzilla figures from Bandai, but the Revoltechs are relatively cheap to buy. Hence people will usually opt for the cheaper option, one of Kaiyodo Revoltech's greatest strengths, the relatively low price of each figure.

If these Godzilla figures turn out to sell for a suggested retail price of 60 bucks i wouldnt be surprised. They are bigger, have a more accurate paintjob and may even have more accessories that havent been revealed yet.

ALSO i'd like to point out how I love how LONG the tails are on each Godzilla figure. Its about time that we get some decent Godzilla figures that have fully articulated LONG tails. I've had enough of static vinyl tails thank you very much.... :P
sachiel
Heisei Godzilla

Postby Legion » Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:03 pm

sachiel wrote:Yeah but theres one other major factor that we dont have info on right now. Thats the price. I mean sure they dont look as good as these godzilla figures from Bandai, but the Revoltechs are relatively cheap to buy. Hence people will usually opt for the cheaper option, one of Kaiyodo Revoltech's greatest strengths, the relatively low price of each figure.

I meant that it's possible that Bandai may just muscle out Kaiyodo for complete control of the license in order to prevent any competition.

Legion
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby sachiel » Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:08 pm

Legion wrote:
sachiel wrote:Yeah but theres one other major factor that we dont have info on right now. Thats the price. I mean sure they dont look as good as these godzilla figures from Bandai, but the Revoltechs are relatively cheap to buy. Hence people will usually opt for the cheaper option, one of Kaiyodo Revoltech's greatest strengths, the relatively low price of each figure.

I meant that it's possible that Bandai may just muscle out Kaiyodo for complete control of the license in order to prevent any competition.

Possibly. But can they really do that? I mean honestly if Bandai had this "grand" plan to release articulated toho kaiju all this time, i think that we wouldnt have seen Kaiyodo even get a chance to make and release what they've done so far.

I believe Kaiyodo will just continue to release obscure toho kaiju while the big guns namely, Godzilla, Ghidorah, Mechagodzilla, and others will be made. Honestly i prefer that Bandai makes these guys. Bandai has gained a wealth of experience recently making those Ultra Act figures and the Robot Tamashi figure line.

The articulation in both of those Bandai toy lines certainly beats out Revoltech by a long shot.
sachiel
Heisei Godzilla

Postby Legion » Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:22 pm

sachiel wrote:I believe Kaiyodo will just continue to release obscure toho kaiju while the big guns namely, Godzilla, Ghidorah, Mechagodzilla, and others will be made.

So why was Jet Jaguar canceled? Why is the Mothra larva in limbo?

Legion
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby sachiel » Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:27 pm

Legion wrote:
sachiel wrote:I believe Kaiyodo will just continue to release obscure toho kaiju while the big guns namely, Godzilla, Ghidorah, Mechagodzilla, and others will be made.

So why was Jet Jaguar canceled? Why is the Mothra larva in limbo?

Cuz the figures arent selling as well as they should be? Honestly do we know how well the Revoltech Baragon, Mothra (adult), Rodan and Anguirus has sold? No we dont. But it could go both ways right now. Jet Jaguar may not be so popular to warrant a release. Mothra larvae? Depends on how well Mothra sold in the first place.

To think that Bandai has that much power to veto and disallow Toho to sell the rights to Kaiyodo? Thats just blasphemy! I sure Bandai's big and all but is it not illegal to begin writing up new contracts with Toho to restrict the sale of every Toho monster from other potential toy manufacturers?

Why if this was the case, we shouldnt have seen X Plus, Marmit, Marusan, or any other toy vinyl manufacturer get the license of Godzilla or any other Kaiju at all. All of our Godzilla collections would be Bandais if this was true. Bandai does not have a monopoly over Toho kaiju. Maybe Godzilla, Ghidorah and MechG, but not over every monster.

Legion i think your may be looking too much into this situation between kaiyodo and Bandai.
sachiel
Heisei Godzilla

Postby Legion » Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:40 pm

sachiel wrote:To think that Bandai has that much power to veto and disallow Toho to sell the rights to Kaiyodo? Thats just blasphemy! I sure Bandai's big and all but is it not illegal to begin writing up new contracts with Toho to restrict the sale of every Toho monster from other potential toy manufacturers?

Toho has had almost exclusive "realistic" toy rights to Godzilla and the Toho Universe for almost 30 years. Revoltech backing off the Toho line because Toho is about to start releasing a super articulated figure series of their own doesn't surprise me.

Why if this was the case, we shouldnt have seen X Plus, Marmit, Marusan, or any other toy vinyl manufacturer get the license of Godzilla or any other Kaiju at all.

Marmits and Marusans are stylized figures aimed at adult collectors. They're not highly realistic or articulated and they're not sold to kids. They're not toys. The X-Plus figures are very expensive, high-end pieces that might as well be statues. Those aren't toys either.

All of our Godzilla collections would be Bandais if this was true. Bandai does not have a monopoly over Toho kaiju.

No, but for a very long time they had the exclusive license to make realistic Godzilla toys.

Legion i think your may be looking too much into this situation between kaiyodo and Bandai.

I don't think I am. Revoltech gets the license about a year ago, but is unable to do Godzilla, Mechagodzilla and Ghidora. Then suddenly the line loses steam and figures get canceled (or end up in "limbo") just around the time Bandai (the biggest toy company in Japan and license holder for 30+ years) announces their own articulated line. I don't see it as a coincidence.

Legion
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby sachiel » Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:55 pm

Legion wrote:I don't think I am. Revoltech gets the license about a year ago, but is unable to do Godzilla, Mechagodzilla and Ghidora. Then suddenly the line loses steam and figures get canceled (or end up in "limbo") just around the time Bandai (the biggest toy company in Japan and license holder for 30+ years) announces their own articulated line. I don't see it as a coincidence.

So then i ask again. Why and how exactly did Bandai and Toho allow Kaiyodo to even purchase rights to a few select showa Toho kaiju to make Revoltech Baragon, Moguera, Anguirus, Mothra, Rodan and Gigan?

It doesnt make sense. By your logic these figures should have never happened let alone being released on market and sold to us. Its not like Bandai just let them go at it for laughs to see what type of inferior products Kaiyodo could churn out......

There must have been some other reason.....
sachiel
Heisei Godzilla

Postby Timz » Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:31 pm

Just popped into mind, I know I talked about I was hoping to see Jet Jaguar in this Figuarts line, but I say also to hold the horses and stop the presses as there are some kaiju that surely would be awesome with new sculpts and the enhanced articulation.

These awesome figures I speak of are...

Mechani-Kong (hopefully they get the clearance from Universal)
Titanosaurus
King Caesar

What do you all think about that?

If they do a Mothra adult, which Mothra do you all want to see first?

Choices are:

Heisei Battle for Earth
    GMK
    Mothra Leo
    Rainbow Mothra
    Tokyo SOS/Final Wars version

I don't think they will do Armor Mothra or Eternal for a very, very long while if ever considered. Those above are the most likely candidates.
Timz
Burning Godzilla

Postby sachiel » Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:14 pm

Timothy2035 wrote:If they do a Mothra adult, which Mothra do you all want to see first?

Choices are:

Heisei Battle for Earth
    GMK
    Mothra Leo
    Rainbow Mothra

I personally would narrow down that list to just Hesei 1992 Mothra, Mothra Leo and Tokyo SOS Mothra. I highly doubt that people would buy the GMK Mothra.

I would personally love to see a Tokyo SOS Mothra as i personally think its the best looking one out of the bunch. I hate the look of the 1992 mothra. Not very nice.......
sachiel
Heisei Godzilla

Postby Timz » Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:34 pm

sachiel wrote:
Timothy2035 wrote:If they do a Mothra adult, which Mothra do you all want to see first?

Choices are:

Heisei Battle for Earth
    GMK
    Mothra Leo
    Rainbow Mothra

I personally would narrow down that list to just Hesei 1992 Mothra, Mothra Leo and Tokyo SOS Mothra. I highly doubt that people would buy the GMK Mothra.

I would personally love to see a Tokyo SOS Mothra as i personally think its the best looking one out of the bunch. I hate the look of the 1992 mothra. Not very nice.......

yeah GMK may not have that big of a fanbase. Though I like the 92 Imago when you view it in certain shot angles and not all up close and fuzzy. When you look at it pushed further back, it resembles the Showa one from 61 a lot. You just have to see the right camera shots to see the comparisons better. The figure version of the 92 one should look more impressive and less "fuzzy cute".
Timz
Burning Godzilla

Postby king_ghidorah » Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:31 am

I've got to say these figures look fun, and actually got me to dig into my Hesei dvd collection....keep em coming is all I have to say. No complaints from me, Showa would be nice but I wouldn't be against finishing the Hesei series first either...

It has me thinking of which Rodan they will ultimately go with for this line, I doubt a Showa (the maybe a 65 sculpt?) since it was kinda of just done, so that leaves Final Wars and G vs MG...for some reason, I want a Fire Rodan even tho the Final Wars design is probably the better of the two. Crud, now I'm wondering which Anguirus they'll go with...55' or Final Wars...so many possibilities :eek:

(I think I'd like to see a FW Anguirus, just imagine if they could get the rolling into a ball thing to work)
king_ghidorah
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby MekaGojira3k » Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:35 am

I'd take a FW Angilas over the 55' Angilas. That thing has always been kind of ugly to me.

As for Rodan bring on the Fire Rodan, detail it up nice! :D
MekaGojira3k
Millennium Godzilla

Postby king_ghidorah » Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:41 am

MekaGojira3k wrote:I'd take a FW Angilas over the 55' Angilas. That thing has always been kind of ugly to me.

As for Rodan bring on the Fire Rodan, detail it up nice! :D

Fire Rodan hasn't been done all that often and the design really isn't bad, it was just the prop that wasn't up to par with it really. An articulated figure might finally give that design a chance to shine.

And I like the FW Angilas, I wish it has some more pronounced fangs but that's about it. (And there's always something to nit pick about on any suit)
king_ghidorah
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby Legion » Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:01 am

Anything Final Wars is astronomically pointless. These versions comprise some of Bandais most recent Godzilla vinyls, which really didn't sell well in the first place. I know a lot of people who are up for this Heisei figures but have already said that Millennium figures are a huge NO SALE for them.

Please Bandai, don't waste my time.

Legion
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby MekaGojira3k » Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:05 am

Realistically I wouldn't expect much of anything outside of the Heisei series. Not at first anyhow.
MekaGojira3k
Millennium Godzilla

Postby king_ghidorah » Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:34 am

Millenuim is pretty pointless...Hesei works as far as I'm concerned
king_ghidorah
Meltdown Godzilla

PreviousNext

Return to Toys, Figures, and Other Collectibles