SH MonsterArts Discussion ( + related military vehicles)

Discuss Vinyl Toys, Action Figures, Candy Toys, Godzilla Meat...whatever!

Moderator: Controllers

Postby sachiel » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:34 pm

Legion wrote:Heisei figures? Really?

They're incredibly cool but...that's really the last batch of characters I would have wanted.

Still admit it Legion, what you said a few days ago with regards to Bandai not making new Godzilla figures anytime soon......is now officially out the window.

Seeing these new figures brings tears to my eyes. I can't wait to pick up both the Burning and Heisei Godzilla figures. Awesome! Awesome! Awesome!!!
sachiel
Heisei Godzilla

Postby Legion » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:42 pm

sachiel wrote:
Still admit it Legion, what you said a few days ago with regards to Bandai not making new Godzilla figures anytime soon......is now officially out the window.

Well, these won't be out til the Fall. So it's still going to be a while. :wink:
http://legion1979.tumblr.com/

Hello, Nice Warners! - A Thorough Analysis of Every Animaniacs Episode
Legion
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby Timz » Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:53 pm

I will rename the thread as "Godzilla Figuarts line" so it can have it's own thread like the Revoltech and Ultra-Act thread.

I just wonder will they do a Mothra Imago soon? Seems like they are doing the Heisei versions of figures first. HEY...Fire Rodan! WOOT!
I can hear really well and I am STRONGER than ever!
Timz
Burning Godzilla

Postby Phil Moskowitz » Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:31 pm

"WITH GREAT POWER COMES GREAT RICE......."
Phil Moskowitz
Little Godzilla

Postby BrollySupersj » Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:53 pm

These figures are a great example of TOO MUCH WANT! :eek:

Timothy2035 wrote:I will rename the thread as "Godzilla Figuarts line" so it can have it's own thread like the Revoltech and Ultra-Act thread.

I just wonder will they do a Mothra Imago soon? Seems like they are doing the Heisei versions of figures first. HEY...Fire Rodan! WOOT!

As I said before, my suspicions lead me to believe that Space Godzilla and Destroyah will be next.

Think about it, if those two are released, each figure has a pairing with another.

MOGUERA/Space Godzilla
Godzilla/Mecha Godzilla
Burning Godzilla/Destroyah

Makes perfect sense to me, and Space Godzilla above all others, IMO, needs this type of figure treatment.
Last edited by BrollySupersj on Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BrollySupersj
Heisei Godzilla

Postby Alpha OTS » Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:19 pm

I'm not a Heisei fan, but these figures look excellent. In addition, knowing that showing my support by buying these will make it more likely that they'll eventually dive into Showa will make it tough to not buy these.
Alpha OTS
Heisei Godzilla

Postby Tyler E. Martin » Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:28 pm

Heh. Burning Godzilla looks like he's barfing lava. :lol: But seriously, those are some beautiful figures. I'm not into buying a lot of toys, but these in addition to the Revoltechs might be too good to pass up.
Tyler E. Martin
Heisei Godzilla

Postby howze01 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:32 pm

Yuck. That radioactive breath accessory is terrible.
howze01
Godzilla

Postby Timz » Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:37 pm

BrollySupersj wrote:These figures are a great example of TOO MUCH WANT! :eek:

Timothy2035 wrote:I will rename the thread as "Godzilla Figuarts line" so it can have it's own thread like the Revoltech and Ultra-Act thread.

As I said before, my suspicions lead me to believe that Space Godzilla and Destroyah will be next.

Think about it, if those two are released, each figure has a pairing with another.

MOGUERA/Space Godzilla
Godzilla/Mecha Godzilla

Makes perfect sense too me, and Space Godzilla above all others, IMO, needs this type of figure treatment.

I agree with you on all points you said, even "TOO MUCH WANT!!!" LOL!

Thanks Phil Moskowitz for posting those two new pictures. I REALLY AM LIKING THAT GOJIRA 90s! Now the only other Gojira I would want is the Godzilla 1985, which that is my FAVORITE Goji suit. I think I will never come off cloud 9 when that one is released.
Timz
Burning Godzilla

Postby BrollySupersj » Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:02 pm

howze01 wrote:Yuck. That radioactive breath accessory is terrible.

Pfffffffft, you're just jelly.
BrollySupersj
Heisei Godzilla

Postby Timz » Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:14 pm

the breath rays don't really bother me that much. I may not use that much anyway.
Timz
Burning Godzilla

Postby Legion » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:37 pm

Yeah not fond of them either.

It's obvious that the standard Godzilla is the 1994 version. Combined with the MOGERA I'm pretty sure at some point they'll be doing a Space Godzilla.

Legion
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby BrollySupersj » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:40 pm

Legion wrote:

Yeah not fond of them either.

It's obvious that the standard Godzilla is the 1994 version. Combined with the MOGERA I'm pretty sure at some point they'll be doing a Space Godzilla.

At last, a believer in my prophecy! :P
BrollySupersj
Heisei Godzilla

Postby canofhumdingers » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:42 pm

BrollySupersj wrote:Think about it, if those two are released, each figure has a pairing with another.

MOGUERA/Space Godzilla
Godzilla/Mecha Godzilla

While I agree that is a very plausible intent, there's a slight flaw (for those of us nitpicky enough to notice). That "regular" Godzilla is clearly the 1994 suit from vs SpaceGodzilla and NOT the 1993 suit. Which is fine by me b/c the '93 suit sucked with the weird "too high" tail on the torso. Of the 90's suits I liked the '92 & '94 suits the best.

And, Tim, I have to totally agree with you on the '84. It's my favorite too & I'd love to see it in this line (esp. with a nuclear reactor accesory...!).

And Bandai, please, BRING ON 1964 Ghidorah!!!
canofhumdingers
Burning Godzilla

Postby Legion » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:46 pm

canofhumdingers wrote:
While I agree that is a very plausible intent, there's a slight flaw (for those of us nitpicky enough to notice). That "regular" Godzilla is clearly the 1994 suit from vs SpaceGodzilla and NOT the 1993 suit. Which is fine by me b/c the '93 suit sucked with the weird "too high" tail on the torso. Of the 90's suits I liked the '92 & '94 suits the best.

The '94 is also the first suit with side-to-side head motion. I'm so nit-picky that if this point of articulation was placed on any earlier Godzilla suit I would never pose it in any way except facing forward, for screen accuracy sake.

They probably decided to use the '94 suit so they could repaint it as Burning Godzilla the same way they in the films.

Legion
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby BrollySupersj » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:47 pm

canofhumdingers wrote:
BrollySupersj wrote:Think about it, if those two are released, each figure has a pairing with another.

MOGUERA/Space Godzilla
Godzilla/Mecha Godzilla

And, Tim, I have to totally agree with you on the '84. It's my favorite too & I'd love to see it in this line (esp. with a nuclear reactor accesory...!).

Wait, if you say the figure is based off the suit from vs Space Godzilla, wouldn't that only help the theory?
BrollySupersj
Heisei Godzilla

Postby Timz » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:36 pm

canofhumdingers wrote:

Haha! Yeah it will maybe be that nuclear reactor accessory or the Super X attack plane.

P.S. You all do glance at the Ultra-Act thread. I posted quite a few newer pics.
Timz
Burning Godzilla

Postby canofhumdingers » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:49 pm

Legion wrote:
canofhumdingers wrote:

The '94 is also the first suit with side-to-side head motion. I'm so nit-picky that if this point of articulation was placed on any earlier Godzilla suit I would never pose it in any way except facing forward, for screen accuracy sake.

They probably decided to use the '94 suit so they could repaint it as Burning Godzilla the same way they in the films.

I know you're (rightfully) poking fun at the extreme nerdiness of my post. But the part in bold had actually already crossed my mind & is likely the exact reason they did that.
canofhumdingers
Burning Godzilla

Postby Legion » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:59 pm

I'm actually looking forward to the '94 Godzilla, since Bandai's version was just a reissue of the 1992 figure.

Legion
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby MekaGojira3k » Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:26 am

I'm looking forward to this, but they'll also be a bit more expensive than the revoltechs if the Ultra-Act stuff is any indication.
"We Can't Stop Here, This is Bat Country!"
Check out the Gojicast, because if you won't...who will?
MekaGojira3k
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Legion » Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:27 am

MekaGojira3k wrote:I'm looking forward to this, but they'll also be a bit more expensive than the revoltechs if the Ultra-Act stuff is any indication.

I'm sure they will be. And lots of people whined about the prices of the Revoltechs.

Legion
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby MekaGojira3k » Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:29 am

Legion wrote:
MekaGojira3k wrote:I'm looking forward to this, but they'll also be a bit more expensive than the revoltechs if the Ultra-Act stuff is any indication.

I'm sure they will be. And lots of people whined about the prices of the Revoltechs.

Let them whine! Meanwhile, I'll be checking out my items on hlj's website.
"We Can't Stop Here, This is Bat Country!"
Check out the Gojicast, because if you won't...who will?
MekaGojira3k
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Timz » Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:30 am

a business owner said these figures are coming here to the USA for distribution and not Japan only. I wonder how competitive will they be with the Ultra-Act monsters prices. The Ultra monsters seem to be more popular right now, maybe the Godzilla stuff may not be as high or not higher than the Ultra monsters.
Timz
Burning Godzilla

Postby Flame of Udin » Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:19 am

I have to say the detail of these figures is ridiculous. It is like they shrunk the damn suits! and the breath doesn't look as bad as people say. I usually roll my eyes when Bandai announces more of their beloved Heisei characters, but good gods, these figures are AMAZING looking! I can't wait to see more pictures!

Oh, btw, I love how they hide the joints as folds in the suit.

Also, something that will keep the scaling fans happy, the Heisei kaiju are a alot bigger then the Showa ones, so if you put them next to the Revoltechs they probably won't be too far off size wise since the figures in this line are more then likely going to be around 6-7 inches.
Flame of Udin
Heisei Godzilla

Postby Flame of Udin » Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:29 am

Legion wrote:Heisei figures? Really?

They're incredibly cool but...that's really the last batch of characters I would have wanted.

Why not? The Revoltech lines are covering the Showa kaiju, why not let Bandai do the Heisei ones?

I have to say the detail of these figures is ridiculous. It is like they shrunk the damn suits! and the breath doesn't look as bad as people say. I usually roll my eyes when Bandai announces more of their beloved Heisei characters, but good gods, these figures are AMAZING looking! I can't wait to see more pictures!

Oh, btw, I love how they hide the joints as folds in the suit.

Also, something that will keep the scaling fans happy, the Heisei kaiju are a alot bigger then the Showa ones, so if you put them next to the Revoltechs they probably won't be too far off size wise since the figures in this line are more then likely going to be around 6-7 inches.

**EDIT** Sorry for the, um, half double post. Admins feel free to erase the previous post.
Flame of Udin
Heisei Godzilla

PreviousNext

Return to Toys, Figures, and Other Collectibles