Kaiyodo’s SCI-FI REVOLTECH Figure Series

Discuss Vinyl Toys, Action Figures, Candy Toys, Godzilla Meat...whatever!

Moderator: Controllers

Postby metal_bryan » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:49 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

To each their own man. It's still a cool figure!
metal_bryan
Controller

Postby MekaGojira3k » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:51 pm

I honestly need more Bandai Gamera. I just have the 95' and Gyaos 95'. I neglect the poor guy. Even when its something like this Legion that I legitimately want it always gets put on the back burner for Godzilla stuff.
"We Can't Stop Here, This is Bat Country!"
Check out the Gojicast, because if you won't...who will?
MekaGojira3k
Millennium Godzilla

Postby metal_bryan » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:53 pm

I only have the G2 Gamera and Legion, but that's all I really wanted. I've bid on Showa figures before on eBay, but never too seriously.
metal_bryan
Controller

Postby MekaGojira3k » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:54 pm

I've always wanted the memorial box. Though I really really want all of the Vinyl Paradise Gamera figures (Only have Gamera/Gyaos/Space Gyaos of those).
MekaGojira3k
Millennium Godzilla

Postby ultrazilla2000 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:25 pm

I bought the Gamera memorial box for only about $16 on sale while visiting Japan back in 1999! I wanted to buy all they had (4) but only had space for 1 in my already crowded luggage. Where was this sale? At the movie theater of all places...I just love how Japanese theaters have gift shops/merchandise. Marketing at it's finest. :wink:

On topic...the Atragon sub is looking pretty cool, I wonder if they will ever make a Super-X?
ultrazilla2000
Heisei Godzilla

Postby metal_bryan » Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:13 pm

I would get a Super X if they made one.
metal_bryan
Controller

Postby Timz » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:25 am

If Kaiyodo wants to do anything else tokusatsu oriented in their Sci-Fi Revoltech line, then they can include Super Robot Red Baron into the mix. They already did Johnny Sokko's Giant Robot. Red Baron would be a nice figure match for the line, and the line seems to cater to robots a lot anyway. They can at least make it the size of the War Machine figure at 6 inches. What say ye? (because Kaiyodo is going to need some more punch to the line once those Figuarts of Iron Man start releasing).

I can hear really well and I am STRONGER than ever!
Timz
Burning Godzilla

Postby king_ghidorah » Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:31 pm

So does anyone own the Gamera 2 figure or Legion? I keep thinking about buying them but haven't brought myself to yet. The 96 Gamera is my favorite design by far...the figure though seems off...not entirely unattractive though.
FTW
king_ghidorah
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby eabaker » Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:49 pm

king_ghidorah wrote:So does anyone own the Gamera 2 figure or Legion? I keep thinking about buying them but haven't brought myself to yet. The 96 Gamera is my favorite design by far...the figure though seems off...not entirely unattractive though.

I own both. I like the Gamera, but don't love it - he can't be posed very many ways, and I haven't been able to get his fireball placed in his mouth. However, I think the Legion is really rad.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.
eabaker
Heisei Godzilla

Postby king_ghidorah » Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:51 pm

Hmmm. Do you own any of the other Gamera releases? I own the 67, 95 and Showa Gyaos. Just trying to compare them the G2 and Legion figures.
FTW
king_ghidorah
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby eabaker » Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:25 pm

king_ghidorah wrote:Hmmm. Do you own any of the other Gamera releases? I own the 67, 95 and Showa Gyaos. Just trying to compare them the G2 and Legion figures.

Only other one I own is the Heisei Gyaos (one of my favorite kaiju designs ever), which I think is a very pretty sculpt, but difficult to pose.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.
eabaker
Heisei Godzilla

Postby Alpha OTS » Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:18 pm

Timothy2035 wrote:If Kaiyodo wants to do anything else tokusatsu oriented in their Sci-Fi Revoltech line, then they can include Super Robot Red Baron into the mix. They already did Johnny Sokko's Giant Robot. Red Baron would be a nice figure match for the line, and the line seems to cater to robots a lot anyway. They can at least make it the size of the War Machine figure at 6 inches. What say ye? (because Kaiyodo is going to need some more punch to the line once those Figuarts of Iron Man start releasing).

Dang it, Timothy! Don't tease me like that. I open up to the new posts in the Revoltech thread to a big picture of Red Baron and go "OH YEAH!" only then to realize that its not happening. :(
Alpha OTS
Heisei Godzilla

Postby Timz » Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:22 am

Alpha OTS wrote:
Timothy2035 wrote:If Kaiyodo wants to do anything else tokusatsu oriented in their Sci-Fi Revoltech line, then they can include Super Robot Red Baron into the mix. They already did Johnny Sokko's Giant Robot. Red Baron would be a nice figure match for the line, and the line seems to cater to robots a lot anyway. They can at least make it the size of the War Machine figure at 6 inches. What say ye? (because Kaiyodo is going to need some more punch to the line once those Figuarts of Iron Man start releasing).

Dang it, Timothy! Don't tease me like that. I open up to the new posts in the Revoltech thread to a big picture of Red Baron and go "OH YEAH!" only then to realize that its not happening. :(

I posted a pic as some may not know what Super Robot Red Baron is or looks like. I guess in the future, if I post something like that I will start the post off with "NEW FIGURE NEWS". That will let you know right away it is something new and not general illustrative posting references.
Timz
Burning Godzilla

Postby BrollySupersj » Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:19 am

I'm disappointed Kaiyodo didn't make Gamera 3 or Iris to finish off their Heisei Gamera collection. This time last year I was 100% certain they were on the to-do list. I guess sales from the last two figures weren't good enough, or Bandai took back the Gamera license for SH Monsterarts. But at this point, I guess they aren't coming any time soon. :(
BrollySupersj
Heisei Godzilla

Postby klen7 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:19 am

I had heard the lead sculptor mention that sales were poor for the kaiju figures so far. This was before the Gamera 2 figures had been released.. i don't think i ever saw a prototype for Iris or any additional Gamera figures. So i think we are out of luck for finishing the line... to be fair i still haven't bought Legion though
klen7
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby Timz » Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:46 am

just to add to the discussion...

it would seem that not all of them sold too poorly. Seems like most kaiju fans that buy figures have gotten a few certain ones like Baragon and perhaps a good number also have Anguirus. Not too many probably have the others as widespread.

I had heard that Tamashii sort of emerged with the MonsterArts line and that sort of put things off the table for Gamera III. They were planning a Mothra larvae and possibly Jet Jaguar. Though the larvae got put on hold (this was after Tamashii came up with the first MonsterArts figures). Strangely enough though, looks like this line may be in trouble for the Iron Man figures. Tamashii now has revealed prototypes for both Iron Man and War Machine in their S.H. Figuarts line. Direct competition for Kaiyodo's own Sci-Fi Revoltech versions.
Timz
Burning Godzilla

Postby king_ghidorah » Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:54 am

Yeah I'm pretty sure Bandai stepped in and claimed the rights to Gamera 3 figures. Also, I don't think the G2 figures sold very well.
FTW
king_ghidorah
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby klen7 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:04 am

Even popular figures like Baragon are still very easy to find MIB (for cheaper than they original sold for) on ebay... thats not very common with figures that weren't sold here domestically... maybe the problem was that they weren't charging SHMA prices.
klen7
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby Hesei » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:44 am

king_ghidorah wrote:Yeah I'm pretty sure Bandai stepped in and claimed the rights to Gamera 3 figures. Also, I don't think the G2 figures sold very well.
Speaking of which, my Legion has not aged well. He has trouble holding a stance, his upper body falls over, right foot is problematic, and his horn (labrum?) cannot close anymore. Anyone else having problems?
Hesei
Godzilla

Postby king_ghidorah » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:53 am

Hesei wrote:
king_ghidorah wrote:Yeah I'm pretty sure Bandai stepped in and claimed the rights to Gamera 3 figures. Also, I don't think the G2 figures sold very well.
Speaking of which, my Legion has not aged well. He has trouble holding a stance, his upper body falls over, right foot is problematic, and his horn (labrum?) cannot close anymore. Anyone else having problems?

I've had problems with my Showa Gyaos....his joints have not aged well, in particular his foot joints. He can barely stand.
FTW
king_ghidorah
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby Timz » Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:22 pm

that's too bad to hear about those figures you guys have that aren't still doing well. Those that I have are still doing fine thankfully. :)
Timz
Burning Godzilla

Postby MekaGojira3k » Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:00 pm

All of my older figures have aged fine. Though I didn't get any of the last 4 Gamera releases.
MekaGojira3k
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Alpha OTS » Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:04 pm

king_ghidorah wrote:
Hesei wrote:

I've had problems with my Showa Gyaos....his joints have not aged well, in particular his foot joints. He can barely stand.

The great thing about Revoltech joints is that they're meant to be removeable/replaceable. Swap those joints with another joint on the figure, or, take the joint out and give it a good pinch(or a soft one with a pair of pliers) then put it back. I think the instructions even show this, and that its possible to just buy a box of joints. (that didn't sound right, but you know what I mean!)

And Timothy, I was just busting on you. Please don't take offense. I can't help but be a bit vocal in my dissappointment that there's not a good articulated Red Baron figure out there. :)
Alpha OTS
Heisei Godzilla

Postby Poe Ghostal » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:14 pm

I heard a rumor recently - and it's just a rumor - that one reason we haven't seen Showa S.H.MonsterArts is that technically Kaiyodo still has the license for small, super-articulated Showa-era Toho monsters - or at least they did when SHMA started, which (if the rumor were true) might be another reason why Tamashii chose to start with Heisei.
Poe Ghostal's Points of Articulation - Toy news, reviews, & commentary
Poe Ghostal
Little Godzilla

Postby klen7 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:32 pm

When i heard the Revoltech guy speak in summer 2011, He mentioned that they weren't allowed to do Godzilla, Mecha-Godzilla or King Ghidorah, so i'm not sure how the licensing would work that it would cover an era but not certain characters with in the era. I really wish i had video taped that session at this point
klen7
Meltdown Godzilla

PreviousNext

Return to Toys, Figures, and Other Collectibles