[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
Mill Creek Ultraman Disc Error Question • Monster Zero x SciFi Japan - Archive Only

Mill Creek Ultraman Disc Error Question

Discuss Movies and Soundtracks available in different formats, including the latest releases on Blu-Ray. As per Board policy, No Bootleg Discussions please!

Moderator: Controllers

Mill Creek Ultraman Disc Error Question

Postby Rodan » Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:23 pm

So, my Mill Creek "Complete Series" set of the '66 Ultraman arrived the other day (the four-disc version), and I have to ask about the weirdest disc error, because I haven't seen it mentioned in any reviews. Hoping someone here can verify whether this is common among all sets.

On disc 1, episode 8, "Lawless Monster Zone," near the end of the episode as Red King smashes his way over a hill, the screen pixelizes and a shot from another show (some kind of Western?) pops up for a moment. The episode will then play for a few more seconds, but inevitably freeze and return to the menu. The rest of the episode is there, but I can only get to it by fast-forwarding over the error.

I'm pretty baffled. I've never seen anything like that. Is this on every set, or is it worth requesting a new one? Was there a bad print run?
Last edited by Rodan on Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rodan
Godzillasaurus

Re: Mill Creek Ultraman Disc Error Question

Postby klen7 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:33 pm

i do not remember seeing anything of the sort when i watched through my set. I can check the episode this weekend to be sure.
klen7
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby Rodan » Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:38 pm

That's cool. I went ahead and just put in a replacement request on Amazon with a reason of "defective copy," but I'd still like to know so I could track down the multi-volume versions instead.

It's also a super weird error. I can't imagine how it could only happen to select sets, since it's not like it's a scratched or damaged copy that just won't play. Something would have had to have gone wrong during encoding.
Rodan
Godzillasaurus

Postby lhb412 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:26 am

Whoa, strange. Mine doesn't have that problem - only the out-of-synch subtitles on the underwater and Telesdon episode (I switched to the dubs for those).
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Postby MouthForWar » Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:36 am

I'd suggest getting in contact with Mill Creek customer service. I e-mailed them with an issue about a disc in their Hitchcock set and FOR FREE, they sent me a replacement set as well as a Boris Karloff set and a horror classics set to make up for the inconvenience. They didn't even make me send the defective disc back. So they'll surely be able to help you out!
Kaiju Transmissions Podcast-

If It Bleeds, We Can Kill It Podcast
MouthForWar
Controller

Postby lhb412 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:47 am

Yeah, Mill Creek has great costumer service. They were total mensches when the initial Gamera 3 run had all those problems.

Can't wait to buy their new Hammer Horror Blu-Rays!
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Rodan » Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:55 pm

Rodan
Godzillasaurus

Postby Rodan » Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:19 pm

Update -- New set arrived.

Same error(!).

I'm guessing one of the later print runs was bad. Going to try contacting Mill Creek.

Also, both sets have done this weird thing where they'll occasionally default to English and occasionally default to Japanese when I put the disc in. Holy hell.
Rodan
Godzillasaurus

Postby lhb412 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:59 pm

lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Rodan » Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:16 am

Rodan
Godzillasaurus

Postby DannyBeane » Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:24 pm

I was just watching my ultraman dvds I bought from Amazon and I have the same issue on the same episode. I'm guessing it has to do with DVDs bought from Amazon.
DannyBeane
Burning Godzilla

Postby MouthForWar » Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:20 pm

Maybe Amazon got a bad batch of discs. Mill Creek are the guys to talk to, they'll help you out.
Kaiju Transmissions Podcast-

If It Bleeds, We Can Kill It Podcast
MouthForWar
Controller

Return to Daikaiju Home Media Releases