[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 130: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
Your Godzilla Dvd's to VUDU Disc to Digital service. • Monster Zero x SciFi Japan - Archive Only

Your Godzilla Dvd's to VUDU Disc to Digital service.

Discuss Movies and Soundtracks available in different formats, including the latest releases on Blu-Ray. As per Board policy, No Bootleg Discussions please!

Moderator: Controllers

Your Godzilla Dvd's to VUDU Disc to Digital service.

Postby Giants6025 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 6:14 pm

I was wondering if anyone has done this? I was thinking about doing GvsMG 74 and Son of G.
Giants6025
Godzilla Egg

Re: Your Godzilla Dvd's to VUDU Disc to Digital service.

Postby mbozzo » Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:31 pm

I'm sorry to post that I haven't done it yet. :(
mbozzo
Godzilla

Postby O.Supreme » Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:19 pm

Do they offer the service for VHS, or is it only DVD to digital?
There are no more good TV Shows, only ones that haven't disappointed me yet.
O.Supreme
Burning Godzilla

Postby Tom R VanSlambrouck » Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:01 am

Sadly its DVD and Blu-ray only right now. Keep in mind though that not all titles are available.
The member formerly known as gvamp
Tom R VanSlambrouck
Millennium Godzilla

Postby O.Supreme » Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:52 pm

Just wanted to bump this because while the list of available titles is growing, it appears Godzilla films in general are not. Additionally, the service is no longer available at wal-mart, but the app is easily downloadable to laptops & devices.

To my knowledge, these are the films available on Vudu (either through purchase of digital copies or disc-to-digital conversion)

1. G vs KG (1991)
2. G vs M (1992)
3. G vs MG II (1993)
4. G vs SG (1994)
5. G vs D (1995)
6. RoM (1996)
7. RoM II (1997)
8. RoM III (1998)
9. GODZILLA (1998)
10. G2K (1999)
11. GXM (2000)
12. GMK (2001)
13. GaMG (2002)
14. G SOS (2003)
15. GFW (2004)
16. Godzilla (2014)
17. Shin Godzilla (2016)

I have all of these, but if anyone is aware of others (Godzilla or kaiju in general) , please feel free to post them here.

Additionally Peter Jackson's King Kong (2005), and Skull Island (2017) are also available.

Lastly, it may be a large project, but compiling a list of Toho and overall kaiju titles available to purchase via various streaming platforms (specific to ownership, not titles that can come and go such as on Netflix, Amazon prime etc...) would be a nice list to have. To be clear, I am still all for releasing films as physical media, but for many fans, compiling a comprehensive streaming purchase list would be no doubt helpful.
Last edited by O.Supreme on Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
O.Supreme
Burning Godzilla

Postby KaiserGhidorah » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:57 pm

I have Godzilla vs MG 74 on VUDU. Son of Godzilla is also on there and I did see Megalon as well.
KaiserGhidorah
Godzilla

Postby O.Supreme » Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:39 pm

^ Thank you. OK so I did a little research. I was able to get my Sony G vs MG barcode to scan and get the $2.00 *disc-to-digital* conversion, but it did NOT work for SoG (I tried both the barcode scanner, and physical DVD recognition apps). however it IS available for purchase for $10.

As for Megalon...apparently it was available at one time, but not currently, which brings me to my next question...I wonder if anyone can testify as to IF they purchased Megalon on Vudu, and if they still have it, or when Vudu removed it, did they lose the copy they purchased as well?

One of the many flaws of purchasing digital media. It is nice at times for convenience, but it is why I'll never get rid of my physical media.
O.Supreme
Burning Godzilla

Postby Tom R VanSlambrouck » Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:27 am

Tom R VanSlambrouck
Millennium Godzilla

Postby O.Supreme » Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:02 pm

^ Yes I remember when the product first rolled out and Walmart was heavily advertising people to bring their dvd's form home for disc-to-digital conversion. I see that the in-store service is no longer available, because the app is available for home use, but I can't help but think/hope that the in-store version was a bit more user friendly. I mean I'd be a bit irked if I brought in 20 movies, and only 2 or 3 of them were within the parameters of Vudu's licence agreements (because there was nothing advertised as such at the time, it made it *seem* like you could bring in ANY movie and get a digital copy made- unless it was in the fine print...?).

On the other hand however, I did find this on Walmarts website yesterday...

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Godzilla-vs- ... OT6RE4I7BD

It's only 3 dollars, and I made the purchase, however I have not received any email notification that this purchase has been finalized...
O.Supreme
Burning Godzilla

Postby Tom R VanSlambrouck » Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:35 pm

Tom R VanSlambrouck
Millennium Godzilla

Postby O.Supreme » Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:49 pm

^ It still shows up for me whenever I go to Walmarts website, but the transaction did not finalize, so apparently it's a glitch. Walmart needs to either take it down, or *hopefully* Vudu can make it available again for purchase at some point.

So, doing a little history, with reference to Home media Formats and 34 films (as of this writing)

Godzilla Films released on VHS in North America - 24 (From Gojira to Godzilla 2000) *although the VHS format existed for several years after 2000, and all Millennium films were available via rental on VHS in Japan, G2000, was the last made available on VHS in North America

Godzilla Films released on DVD in North America -31 (all films except for the Current Animated Monster Planet Trilogy on Netflix)

Godzilla Films Released on Blu Ray in North America - 23(all films except GRA, MvsG, GTTHM, MZ, SoG, AMA, GvsMG, ToMG & Animated Monster Planet Trilogy on Netflix)

Godzilla Films Released on 4K in North America- 1 Only Godzilla (1998) so far. * Godzilla 2014 did receive a 3D release, but as this is more a *fad* than an actual format upgrade, I don't think there will ever be a time/need for all Godzilla films to be released on 3D.

Godzilla Films Released on Vudu so far: 17 (see above list) *Megalon is currently not available, but was at one time.
O.Supreme
Burning Godzilla

Postby H-Man » Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:30 pm

Don't forget Beta and Laserdisc. :P
H-Man
Heisei Godzilla

Postby O.Supreme » Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:33 pm

O.Supreme
Burning Godzilla

Postby KaiserGhidorah » Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:50 pm

Also Vudu has the showa gamera films on movies for free (which do include ads every 15 or 20 minutes) but not available for purchase. I thought that was a bit odd.
KaiserGhidorah
Godzilla

Postby Joseph Goodman » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:45 pm

Joseph Goodman
Godzilla

Postby H-Man » Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:31 am

H-Man
Heisei Godzilla

Postby O.Supreme » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:40 am

Just by way of update, a few other films I've been able to purchase on Vudu Recently were:

King Kong (1933)
Mighty Joe Young) (1949)
The Giant Behemoth (1959)
Mothra (1961)
King Kong (1976)

Oddly - Neither Son of Kong (1933), or King Kong Lives (1986) are available
O.Supreme
Burning Godzilla

Postby Tom R VanSlambrouck » Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:28 pm

Tom R VanSlambrouck
Millennium Godzilla

Return to Daikaiju Home Media Releases