[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 130: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 130: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
Show us your DVD/BD collection topic • Monster Zero x SciFi Japan - Archive Only

Show us your DVD/BD collection topic

Discuss Movies and Soundtracks available in different formats, including the latest releases on Blu-Ray. As per Board policy, No Bootleg Discussions please!

Moderator: Controllers

Re: Show us your DVD/BD collection topic

Postby The Top Crusader » Sat Nov 15, 2014 2:56 pm

Jinzo has Man from UNCLE! Nice! Always loved the show, but never got around to getting the big boxset.

I'm horrible at taking pictures, I might give it a shot, or post the link to my virtual library thing that shows everything I own. I made the mistake of scanning every DVD in the house so I'll lose coolness points for all of my wife's rom coms and sitcoms, but oh well.
The Top Crusader
Godzilla Jr.

Postby The Shadow » Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:54 am

I should really sort out my home video collection to get pictures too. Right now it's kind of scattered between some storage containers (Rubbermaid Media storage containers, these guys http://www.rubbermaid.com/Category/Page ... D=RP091426) and a few other places. One of these days I'd like to get a nice media shelf, preferably something with doors to help keep dust off, and have everything in one place.

I've started using the Blu-Ray.com app to catalog some titles, but the bar code reader app it uses is designed to only read bar codes with the device held sideways which makes for slower going on a tablet. And I've already run across at least 4/5 titles that I need to enter into the site's database and that can't be done through the app yet (at least when I last checked in mid-October, that could have changed by now).
Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?
The Shadow
Burning Godzilla

Postby Jared » Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:22 am

I recently completed my Godzilla Blu-Ray/DVD collection, pictured here with the one figure I own (Bandai/Tamashii S.H. MonsterArts Godzilla 2000 Millennium). I'm pretty happy with how it looks now, really, but I doubt I'll be able to resist Showa figures if Tamashii ever gets around to them. Also, I'm still awaiting Blu-Ray releases of Classic Media's titles plus SON OF GODZILLA, GODZILLA VS. MECHAGODZILLA, THE RETURN OF GODZILLA, and the Japanese cut of KING KONG VS. GODZILLA, but I have reasonable alternatives to all of those at the moment.
Jared
Baby Godzilla

Postby jellydonut25 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:54 am

I'm relatively okay with Son of Godzilla and Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla DVDs, but I'm DYING for Classic Media to release their stuff to Blu-ray. Their DVDs have great presentation and features, but kinda lousy video quality.

And I can't bring myself to spend $80 on a Japanese import blu with no subtitles.
Gills.

My DVD/Blu-Ray Collection:
http://jellydonut25.filmaf.com/owned
jellydonut25
Controller

Postby canofhumdingers » Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:49 pm

The Japanese blurays have gotten WAY less expensive. I bought Godzilla vs Mothra and Ghidrah the Three Headed Monster blus from amazon Japan recently for under $35 each. You can get the german ghidrah blu for about $15. It's supposedly the same transfer as the Japanese disc but it doesn't come with the bonus features. I'd say the Japanese disc is worth the extra money b/c it has quite possibly the coolest bonus features of any Godzilla home video release I've seen.

And both discs, like we seem to be finding on many of the Toho HD transfers of Showa titles, feature a much better picture than we've typically come to expect from Toho's HD material.
canofhumdingers
Burning Godzilla

Postby Baltan II » Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:03 pm

I was going to say something similar earlier, but then I figured he was talking about the cost of both of them and shipping or so.
Baltan II
Burning Godzilla

Postby Jared » Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:41 pm

Jared
Baby Godzilla

Postby jellydonut25 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:28 am

Yeah I'm not buying a raw Japanese audio disc. I'm just not. Picture quality could be the best ever. I'd never watch it. No subs, no dubs, no purchase.
Gills.

My DVD/Blu-Ray Collection:
http://jellydonut25.filmaf.com/owned
jellydonut25
Controller

Postby Gwangi » Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:02 am

Gwangi
Heisei Godzilla

Postby canofhumdingers » Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:22 pm

canofhumdingers
Burning Godzilla

Postby Jared » Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:03 pm

Jared
Baby Godzilla

Postby DannyBeane » Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:21 pm

I know these aren't blu rays or DVDs but here are some thrift shop finds for the VHS collectors out there.
DannyBeane
Burning Godzilla

Postby Dr Kain » Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:27 pm

I would love the Classic Media stuff on BD, especially Mothra vs and GTTHM, if nothing else. Hell, I wish Criterion would give us Mothra vs Godzilla.

Or maybe a miracle will happen and Criterion will somehow manage to get the rights to give us Godzilla 84 and put 85 on there as a bonus feature like they did with the 54 movie and KotM. I would actually love to do a review of KotM together with 85 so I can make it a "From the Files of Steve Martin" episode.
Dr Kain
Millennium Godzilla

Postby hanshotfirst1138 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:25 pm

"What Orwell feared were those who would ban books. What Huxley feared was that there would be no reason to ban a book, for there would be no one who wanted to read one."
Neil Postman, Amusing Ourselves to Death
hanshotfirst1138
Little Godzilla

Previous

Return to Daikaiju Home Media Releases