[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
Mill Creek Ultimate Gamera Collection Vol. 1 & 2 • Monster Zero x SciFi Japan - Archive Only

Mill Creek Ultimate Gamera Collection Vol. 1 & 2

Discuss Movies and Soundtracks available in different formats, including the latest releases on Blu-Ray. As per Board policy, No Bootleg Discussions please!

Moderator: Controllers

Re: Mill Creek Ultimate Gamera Collection Vol. 1 & 2

Postby canofhumdingers » Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:48 pm

Hmm, save for the first film, I still have yet to watch these discs. I don't specifically recall this issue but it's been months. And I won't have a chance any time soon to pop it in and check...
canofhumdingers
Burning Godzilla

Postby Alpha OTS » Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:31 pm

Alpha OTS
Heisei Godzilla

Postby lhb412 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:36 am

lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Alpha OTS » Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:38 am

What size tv were you and what size did you upgrade to?
Alpha OTS
Heisei Godzilla

Postby lhb412 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:12 am

I had a 38 and now have a 40 - but the real upgrade was going from 780p to 1080p.
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Postby canofhumdingers » Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:54 am

It's actually 720p, not 780. But I wouldn't think the change in resolution would affect it that much, nor would screen size (unless you went from a really tiny to really giant one). I'm curious to pop in my copy and see if I can spot any issues as soon as I have a chance.

On a side note - @ Alpha OTS - I remember you talking about the scratches on G2000 and I did go look for them. I could see them clearly but they were only on one version (the U.S. cut I think?). And from what I remember they just appeared to be some print damage scratches off to the right side of the screen. I think maybe they looked a little odd b/c perhaps an automatic cleaning/repair program had touched them up some but wasn't able to really cope with them. This is just me speculating on what I remember seeing and what I think may have been the cause. But again, screen size shouldn't really be a factor. I think most people just weren't that bothered by them (or didn't see them b/c a lot of people were watching the Japanese cut instead since many hadn't seen it before).
canofhumdingers
Burning Godzilla

Postby lhb412 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:19 pm

... anyone else checked their Vol. 1? I wanna know if mine's an outlier before I buy another copy.
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Postby canofhumdingers » Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:29 pm

So I just watched Gamera vs Barugon and I didn't see any issues regarding fuzzy lines. I did notice that the image benefited considerably by switching to my "Toho transfer" TV setting (which totally makes sense given that these are just ported Japanese transfers too). I also noticed that some of the night shots (such as Gamera's first encounter with Barugon) could get quite murky but I think this was a combination of things. Most likely contributors include the source material (it was obviously shot with lower light and film stock for these light conditions tends to be much grainier and murkier than film stock for well-lit subjects) and the fact that the compression seemed to be having a hard time resolving the grain (likely due to cramming four films on one disc). I'd be curious to see how this compares to the DVD from a few years ago.

But anyway, yeah, no blurry line issues here. And I watched it on a 60 inch 1080p Panasonic plasma via a PS3.
canofhumdingers
Burning Godzilla

Postby lhb412 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:11 am

^Thanks!

Seeing as how they're so cheap there's no reason to not buy another copy to see.
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Previous

Return to Daikaiju Home Media Releases