The Complete ULTRA SEVEN from Shout! Factory?! D8

Discuss Movies and Soundtracks available in different formats, including the latest releases on Blu-Ray. As per Board policy, No Bootleg Discussions please!

Moderator: Controllers

Postby MouthForWar » Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:03 am

Yeah, I really need to just set aside a few days where I can just plow through a bunch of episodes. I'll keep you updated!
MouthForWar
Controller

Postby king_ghidorah » Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:14 am

Cool man, I'm trying to finish my 2nd run through of Kamen Rider V3 before Ultra Q so I'm kind of in the same boat. I have a little less than 20 episodes left.

A word of caution, try to give yourself a buffer before you start Ultra Q...two showa era tokusatsu shows back to back can pretty much fry your brain. You want at least a few days to decompress lol.

I've had a few shows that I thought I hated (V3 included) because I started them too soon after finishing another show.
FTW
king_ghidorah
Meltdown Godzilla

Re: The Complete ULTRA SEVEN from Shout! Factory?! D8

Postby gila-monster » Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:31 pm

I finally finished watching the series last night. Life seems... empty, with no new Ultra Seven episodes.

It was a really cool show. It was really similar to Ultraman, but a lot more refined. It also seemed more diverse, with less of a focus on the monster of the week sort of deal. I really enjoyed the creative use of camera work, editing and special effects. If television today had as much experimental and creative video work then I may be more interested in more of today's programming.

I haven't started Ultra Q yet, but I think I'm going to wait a while. I don't want an ultra-load. I'm glad it took me less than a year to finish Ultra Seven, I think it took me 3 years or so to finish Ultraman.
gila-monster
Godzilla Jr.

Postby Silver Kamen » Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:20 am

gila-monster wrote:I finally finished watching the series last night. Life seems... empty, with no new Ultra Seven episodes.

It was a really cool show. It was really similar to Ultraman, but a lot more refined. It also seemed more diverse, with less of a focus on the monster of the week sort of deal. I really enjoyed the creative use of camera work, editing and special effects. If television today had as much experimental and creative video work then I may be more interested in more of today's programming.

I agree. Along with the original Ultraman, and the first few Ultraman Jack episodes, Ultra Seven is one of my favorites of the series.
シルバー仮面!

Silver Kamen
Heisei Godzilla

Postby klen7 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:16 pm

It looks like Amazon is running 52% off until March 8th on Ultra Seven ($24 shipped w/ Prime)
http://www.amazon.com/Ultra-Seven-Compl ... 0096W46VW/
klen7
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby davezilla » Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:40 pm

And I just received Ultra Seven today in the mail. Can't wait to start watching it!!!!
davezilla
Little Godzilla

Re:

Postby GaryT » Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:04 pm

RyanClark wrote:I personally have no complaints about the video, however disc 5 seems to have some odd "tinny" sounding audio tracks on a number of eps.

Well, three years later and i'm finally getting around to watching this set, and, yes, there is definitely an audio issue with Disc 5. Sounds like flanging, which can create that metallic sound. Volume is also wildly different from the other discs.
GaryT
Godzilla Jr.

Postby Dr Kain » Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:01 am

I really need to pick this set up at some point.
Dr Kain
Millennium Godzilla

Previous

Return to Daikaiju Home Media Releases