Blu Ray Wish Lists

Discuss Movies and Soundtracks available in different formats, including the latest releases on Blu-Ray. As per Board policy, No Bootleg Discussions please!

Moderator: Controllers

Re: Blu Ray Wish Lists

Postby william newell » Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:32 am

Tom R VanSlambrouck wrote:Shout is also doing The Lost Continent on BD as well. Can't wait to see what else they announce this year, Shout usually puts out a great product.

Which "Lost Continent", the one with Cesar Romero and the dinosaurs, or the bizarre Hammer film?
william newell
Heisei Godzilla

Postby lhb412 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:32 am

^ It's the Hammer one.

Huh, a poster on blu-ray.com says Media Blasters will release Gappa on Blu next month. We all know how reliable that company is, so on the off-chance this is actually released it's probably a good idea to pick it up when it comes out because it'll probably go out of print in like three days.
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Heiseigodzilla425 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:38 am

lhb412 wrote:Huh, a poster on blu-ray.com says Media Blasters will release Gappa on Blu next month. We all know how reliable that company is, so on the off-chance this is actually released it's probably a good idea to pick it up when it comes out because it'll probably go out of print in like three days.

Apparently its already up for preorder on RightStuf Anime: https://www.rightstufanime.com/Gappa-the-Triphibian-Monster-Blu-ray-DVD
Heiseigodzilla425
Godzilla Jr.

Postby Gwangi » Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:01 pm

lhb412 wrote:^ It's the Hammer one.

Yup, here are the details
https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-Lost-Continent-Blu-ray/260512/

Interestingly, "The Spider" otherwise known as "Earth vs. The Spider" is coming out a week earlier:
https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-Spider-Blu-ray/260510/

I wonder if that will finally pave the way for other Bert I. Gordon features to finally get a blu-ray release. "The Amazing Colossal Man" has never even gotten a DVD release.
Gwangi
Heisei Godzilla

Postby lhb412 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:06 pm

Tex Avery Blu-ray coming soon from the Warner Archive!
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Postby william newell » Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:37 am

YES!!!!!!! :mrgreen:
william newell
Heisei Godzilla

Postby Jinzo Ningen » Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:35 pm

Gwangi wrote:
lhb412 wrote:^ It's the Hammer one.

Yup, here are the details
https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-Lost-Continent-Blu-ray/260512/

Whoop! Dana Gillespie's eyeball-melting, cantilevered cleavage in hi-definition! Yeeesssss!!!!!!! :lol:
Jinzo Ningen
Heisei Godzilla

Postby lhb412 » Fri Jan 31, 2020 5:23 pm

Dear sweet merciful heavens...

lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Postby tbeasley » Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:44 am

^ Came here to post that, and the feeling is mutual! One of those releases that knocks others off the list to take top priority. :lol:
~ Tyler

Exterminate all rational thought.
tbeasley
Heisei Godzilla

Postby lhb412 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:41 pm

^ Just recently I was thinking how cool it would be if someone licensed Tetsuo for home video release here, and then Arrow comes in and exceeds all expectations I had in my wildest dreams!
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Tom R VanSlambrouck » Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:44 pm

Good news for 4K fans Jaws is scheduled for a 4K release in June.

Also the Hobbit and Lord of the Rings films are all getting 4K treatment but we don't have an exact time yet. The YouTuber who posted a video seems to think it'll be either the end of this year or next year closer to the Amazon series to help promote that.
The member formerly known as gvamp
Tom R VanSlambrouck
Millennium Godzilla

Postby tbeasley » Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:49 pm

lhb412 wrote:^ Just recently I was thinking how cool it would be if someone licensed Tetsuo for home video release here, and then Arrow comes in and exceeds all expectations I had in my wildest dreams!

I was about to jump on the releases from Third Window Films. I still might pick up Fires on the Plain if we don't see it or his other films any time soon, and the original is available from Criterion to boot!
~ Tyler

Exterminate all rational thought.
tbeasley
Heisei Godzilla

Postby lhb412 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:05 pm

One of my most anticipated unreleased on Blu-ray wishes has been classic Laurel and Hardy movies. If you recall, years ago there word that many of their classic films were in pretty poor shape, and a massive restoration project that would take many years was being embarked in conjunction with UCLA. That's still going on, but instead of waiting forever for everything to be done they're putting out an initial set of the stuff that's been restored so far. And it's a doozy! It contains the lion's share of their classic talkie short films, their two best feature films, and one of their silent shorts!

STAN AND OLLIE LOOK AND SOUND BETTER THAN EVER! New 2K and 4K digital restorations from original 35mm nitrate, Laurel and Hardy's classic comedies are here in the best quality since their first release! Two features and 17 shorts, including the legendary pie-fight silent film "The Battle of the Century," making its video debut and nearly complete for the first time in over 90 years!

Bonus Materials:
Commentaries by Randy Skretvedt and Richard W. Bann
Never before seen video interviews as well as audio interviews with L&H co-workers
Over 2,500 rare photos, posters, scripts and studio files
Alternate Soundtracks
Music Tracks
"Ship's Reporter" Oliver Hardy Interview (restored)
"That's That" (restored/first time on video)
"Tree in a Test Tube" (restored from 16mm Kodachrome)
L&H off-camera pix from Hardy's collection
Restored Trailers

Feature Films:
Sons of the Desert
Way Out West

Short Subjects:
Berth Marks
The Battle of the Century (with new music track by Donald Sosin; virtually complete and restored)
Brats
Busy Bodies
The Chimp
Come Clean
County Hospital
Helpmates
Hog Wild
Me and My Pal
Midnight Patrol
The Music Box
One Good Turn
Scram!
Their First Mistake
Towed in a Hole
Twice Two

Restorations by Jeff Joseph/SabuCat in conjunction with the UCLA Film & Television Archive and the Library of Congress. Using careful photochemical and digital techniques, these classic films are restored to pristine condition. In these stunning new transfers, they look and sound as beautiful as they did when they were first released

https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=325673
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Previous

Return to Daikaiju Home Media Releases