New DVD/Blu-ray Purchases

Discuss Movies and Soundtracks available in different formats, including the latest releases on Blu-Ray. As per Board policy, No Bootleg Discussions please!

Moderator: Controllers

Re: New DVD/Blu-ray Purchases

Postby H-Man » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:15 am

Dr Kain wrote:
H-Man wrote:Kain, all those series/franchises you named are going to sell better than the Hammer Draculas. It’s not a poor excuse, it’s the reality of the situation.

No, it just needs someone who actually cares like Shout! Factory.

Frankly man, what you see as a "poor excuse" is irrelevant since you're not the one trying to sell the product.

If you aren't willing to accept that "Halloween, Alfred Hitchcock, Friday the 13th, Child's Play" are all more successful "brands" than a series of British Dracula movies made in the '50s and '60s then I'm not sure what to say. As Tom pointed out, negotiating with multiple entities is generally going to be expensive (for starters that's more deals to make). Factor in that the titles you're acquiring are very "niche" and could probably turn at best a very slim profit. I'm sorry you don't like that but that's just how this business has always worked.
H-Man
Godzilla

Postby lhb412 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:11 am

And Shout Factory is already releasing Hammer films, just the ones that they've been able to license, which excludes the ones already released by Universal, Mill Creek (licensed from Sony), and the ones from WB. Shout Factory wanted to pull all these things together they would have done so.

I'm just happy that these vintage titles are all beginning to get releases. For a while there it seemed only 80s genre titles were surefire bets to get blu-ray releases because of their enormous nostalgic pull these days.
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Dr Kain » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:29 pm

Just picked up my favorite movie of 2018 and one of my favorite video games from the PS2 era (hopefully 2 and 3 aren't too far behind):

Dr Kain
Millennium Godzilla

Previous

Return to Daikaiju Home Media Releases