[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
New DVD/Blu-ray Purchases • Monster Zero x SciFi Japan - Archive Only

New DVD/Blu-ray Purchases

Discuss Movies and Soundtracks available in different formats, including the latest releases on Blu-Ray. As per Board policy, No Bootleg Discussions please!

Moderator: Controllers

Re: New DVD/Blu-ray Purchases

Postby H-Man » Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:56 pm

I’m pretty sure The Crawling Eye is part of Wade Williams’ “collection,” so it’s not on Blu-ray and don’t expect it to be for a long time.
H-Man
Heisei Godzilla

Postby Dr Kain » Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:13 pm

Picked this up to watch this month as it has finally been remastered properly:

Dr Kain
Millennium Godzilla

Postby klen7 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:30 pm

I've been thinking about The Crawling Eye a lot recently and was surprised its a bit hard to find. I had the VHS as a kid and watched it all the time
klen7
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby H-Man » Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:31 am

H-Man
Heisei Godzilla

Postby Rody » Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:49 pm

Would you believe it took me a trip to Canada to to buy Godzilla: King of the Monsters? It's definitely not what I intended, but I stalled on the Best Buy steelbook and missed my chance as a result, so I was kind of waffling over when to get the standard edition. While I was away on vacation, I ended up in Walmart and couldn't resist checking out the video section. GKOTM was 20 CAD, so I figured that was the best price I'd see for a while.
Being in the mood, I also picked up the Back to the Future digipak, which I think ended up being around the same price it would be in the States.

Of course these also arrived from Amazon. The Ultra Q slipcover is, sadly, a bit bent out of shape at the top; but overall they're pretty snazzy releases. I look forward to watching them!

While I was out shopping the other day, I picked up these three. Stranger Things has been tempting me sitting at $10 for probably MONTHS now; and having finally watched the first season recently, I went ahead and bit the bullet.
The two anime are blind buys; I've been doing that more with anime. :lol: In the case of Penguin Highway, I've greatly liked other adaptations of this author's work (Tatami Galaxy, The Eccentric Family, The Night Is Short), so I figured it's a safe bet. I also just get a kick out of seeing semi-obscure titles like these in Target, of all places, so I spoke with my wallet.
Satellite Girl was sitting in a $5 Walmart bin, so I took pity on it. The synopsis sounds like a riot, too, so I'll probably watch it soon!
Rody
Godzilla

Postby canofhumdingers » Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:15 pm

Should be here just in time for Halloween viewing. I opted for the steel book with Ultra Q. I don’t usually care much about packaging as long as it gets the job done but the Mothra disc was pretty nice so I thought I’d give it a shot. Will see how I like this one before I decide which Ultraman packaging to order.
canofhumdingers
Burning Godzilla

Postby Dr Kain » Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:08 pm

Dr Kain
Millennium Godzilla

Postby superhedorahsaiyan » Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:18 pm

Mojin: the Worm Valley
Pyewacket
superhedorahsaiyan
Baby Godzilla

Postby Dr Kain » Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:15 am

Dr Kain
Millennium Godzilla

Postby lhb412 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:02 pm

I got a couple of Christmas gifts via the Barnes & Noble Criterion sale, but as the sale nears its end I decided to pick up two more for me now!

Image Image
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Dr Kain » Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:57 pm

Dr Kain
Millennium Godzilla

Postby superhedorahsaiyan » Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:48 pm

Ultraman Geed
Ultraman Orb
Mojin
Monster Shark
Cut/ The St. Francisville Experiment
superhedorahsaiyan
Baby Godzilla

Postby lhb412 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:35 pm

Not usually one to go in for Black Friday shopping, but I just happen to be in a Walmart yesterday and saw their display of incredibly marked down DVDs and Blu-rays...

lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Postby superhedorahsaiyan » Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:03 am

James and the Giant Peach ( I love stop motion pics)
Young Justice: Outsiders
Lost in Space (2018 Netflix series)
superhedorahsaiyan
Baby Godzilla

Postby Dr Kain » Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:51 pm

Dr Kain
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Dr Kain » Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:07 pm

The BBC 50% sale at B&N is ON!! Made my first of three planned trips today:

Oh, and I ended up getting Ideon from Amazon because it's apparently out of print now and they were the only place to have copies still in stock.
Dr Kain
Millennium Godzilla

Postby O.Supreme » Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:35 pm

Yeah I was fortunate to get Ideon a while back when I did. I'm getting worried about Space Warrior Baldios. From the same company. it is so expensive, and nobody has it on sale
There are no more good TV Shows, only ones that haven't disappointed me yet.
O.Supreme
Burning Godzilla

Postby Tom R VanSlambrouck » Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:09 am

Thanksgiving night after work I picked up Spider-Man Far From Home and Suicide Squad on 4K because we had them on sale for Black Friday for only $7.96.

Tonight after visiting the local Best Buy I got Batman 89, Batman Returns, Batman Forever and Batman and Robin on 4K because they had them on sale and I only paid $56 each for them. I was going to get Geed and Orb but they didn't have them.

Thursday I'll be getting Finding Nemo and Finding Dory on 4K, we have a 25% off day for working Thanksgiving so I'll be picking that up.
The member formerly known as gvamp
Tom R VanSlambrouck
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Dr Kain » Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:18 am

Dr Kain
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Dr Kain » Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:33 am

And for my final trip to B&N:

Oh, and had to get this updated release of Gatchaman since it was on sale for $37. Now to ebay my other set for like $30-40.
Dr Kain
Millennium Godzilla

Postby O.Supreme » Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:06 pm

Is there a difference between that Blu Ray set of Gatchaman and the one released a couple of years ago?
O.Supreme
Burning Godzilla

Postby Dr Kain » Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:02 pm

Dr Kain
Millennium Godzilla

Postby O.Supreme » Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:04 pm

I've never been a big fan of compilation films, even of my favorite Anime series. To take 26, let alone 50, or 100 episodes and cram it even into 3 hours is incoherent at worst, or just plot point highlights at best. I only get them if the series itself isn't available. I can live with the set I have now, especially since I previously had the ADV DVD releases that encompassed nearly 30 DVD cases! The artwork is amazing, I'll definitely give you that, but getting all the episodes/bonus features and the 90's OVA in one set was more than good enough, plus the amazing shelf-space saving Adding the compilation movie isn't worth triple dipping for me anyway.
O.Supreme
Burning Godzilla

Postby The Shadow » Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:43 pm

Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?
The Shadow
Burning Godzilla

Postby Dr Kain » Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:21 pm

Dr Kain
Millennium Godzilla

PreviousNext

Return to Daikaiju Home Media Releases