New DVD/Blu-ray Purchases

Discuss Movies and Soundtracks available in different formats, including the latest releases on Blu-Ray. As per Board policy, No Bootleg Discussions please!

Moderator: Controllers

Re: New DVD/Blu-ray Purchases

Postby Benjamin Haines » Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:42 am

No matter the country, awards are exactly like box office. They're a mark of success, not quality.

(Shin Godzilla rocks. :mrgreen: )
Benjamin Haines
Burning Godzilla

Postby Dr Kain » Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:11 pm

My g/f decided to sign up for the Disney Movie Club and these are what she bought so far:

Dr Kain
Millennium Godzilla

Postby klen7 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:16 pm

Picked up blus for Train to Busan and Baby Driver. Also on impulse bought Sayanora Jupiter on DVD despite never hearing anything good about it.
klen7
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby Shokara » Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:21 pm

Picked up the British 4K Ultra HD Special Edition of Blade Runner from Amazon.co.uk. This is, for now, the definitive edition of Blade Runner. It includes all the major versions of the movie (1982 U.S. theatrical, 1982 international theatrical, 1992 Director's Cut, workprint, and 2007 Final Cut). The North American 4K release, which only features the Final Cut in 4K, is botched in its extras. The current batch of copies lacks the Blu-ray disc that's supposed to include three of the previous cuts, mistakenly replacing it with a special features DVD from a previous edition. Aside from that, the North American 4K release never intended to include the workprint version. This British special edition includes all five cuts on Blu-ray plus the Final Cut in 4K Ultra HD all in one package. On top of that, the release is also region free, meaning it can be played on any player globally.
Shokara
Godzilla Jr.

Postby O.Supreme » Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:11 pm

Make no mistake, this show has terrible animation, but it is the Superfriends of the current era. It has some surprisingly fun stories in its 11 minute limited run per episode. Normally I would be more annoyed at something like this, but we are getting the best of both worlds. We get this show, and next year we get the serious/quality in story & animation that will be Young Justice S3 on Netflix next year. So I am ok with it. Now if TT GO would go away and THIS SHOW just run on forever Id be happy...but never underestimate the stupidity of CN...
Film Wish List:1. Gamera Super Monster with Filmways opening/closing credits
O.Supreme
Burning Godzilla

Postby jellydonut25 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:31 am

I have been extended a job offer and so I celebrated by buying this.
Gills.

My DVD/Blu-Ray Collection:
http://jellydonut25.filmaf.com/owned
jellydonut25
Controller

Previous

Return to Daikaiju Home Media Releases