Blu Ray Wish Lists

Discuss Movies and Soundtracks available in different formats, including the latest releases on Blu-Ray. As per Board policy, No Bootleg Discussions please!

Moderator: Controllers

Re: Blu Ray Wish Lists

Postby lhb412 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:29 pm

Mill Creek has put their HD version of Night of the Living Dead on Amazon Prime... and it's nothing to write home about. Beats your usual public domain copy, but otherwise it just shows me I should wait for Criterion's eventual release.
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Postby jellydonut25 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:01 pm

lhb412 wrote:Mill Creek has put their HD version of Night of the Living Dead on Amazon Prime... and it's nothing to write home about. Beats your usual public domain copy, but otherwise it just shows me I should wait for Criterion's eventual release.

I don't think that will ever happen. I don't know the whole sordid history, but the home video rights of it are a complete mess, and the market is flooded with all kinds of versions.
Gills.

My DVD/Blu-Ray Collection:
http://jellydonut25.filmaf.com/owned
jellydonut25
Controller

Postby lhb412 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:30 pm

^ No, Janus Films has been working on a restored version with Romero (before he passed). That restoration is supposed to have some kind of limited theatrical run, then presumably a Criterion home video release.

The film itself is public domain, but Mill Creek's is gonna be the first US Blu-Ray release. There's apparently a Japanese release that's decent.
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Previous

Return to Daikaiju Home Media Releases