Blu Ray Wish Lists

Discuss Movies and Soundtracks available in different formats, including the latest releases on Blu-Ray. As per Board policy, No Bootleg Discussions please!

Moderator: Controllers

Re: Blu Ray Wish Lists

Postby lhb412 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:31 am

For those who missed Twilight Time's Blu-Ray double feature of Thunderbirds are Go/Thunderbird 6... well, their license expired and Kino has picked it up.

Twilight Time was thusly named because they thought it was the twilight of physical media, but it seems Blu-Ray has now been cemented as the format of choice for collectors (with streaming/downloads/redbox/impulse DVD buys for the average Joes). There are so many boutique labels out putting quality releases and the major studios seems all down for licensing their films, and I think Twilight Time's uber-niché place may be unsustainable. I think when the three year rights runs out most of their major (or major 'cult films') films will be scooped up by others. I could totally see Kino or Shout putting out those Harryhausen films, for example. I think something like a 'Sinbad Trilogy' release will be likely. Still, I've watched the hell out of those releases and certainly don't regret buying them. One thing I'll miss if Twilight Time does fade away: Julie Kirgo's liner notes/essay in the insert. I don't always agree with her, but her take is always really interesting. It's something to look forward to with every TT release,
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Postby lhb412 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:38 pm

The British Sinbad trilogy looks sick.

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=21132

lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Postby lhb412 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:31 pm

Mill Creek's licensed The Rockford Files for a complete series Blu-Ray set. If they do Columbo I'll go bananas. That's one of my biggest wants.
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Gwangi » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:17 am

Been waiting for this one for a long time. Coming out on June 6th - http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Hell-in-the-Pacific-Blu-ray/174436/

My DVD does not look good on my LG T.V. screen (it looks shrinked). Blu-ray should fix that.

Yes, the ending does kinda of suck, but still an intriguing (anti-war) movie, with two of my favorites, Mifune & Marvin!
Gwangi
Heisei Godzilla

Previous

Return to Daikaiju Home Media Releases