[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 130: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 130: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
Strawberry Daifuku - Japanese Sweet Dessert • Monster Zero x SciFi Japan - Archive Only

Strawberry Daifuku - Japanese Sweet Dessert

Discuss Japan, its people, and its culture. Post a question for some of our board members who have had the wonderful opportunity to visit/live in Japan! Arigato!

Moderator: Controllers

Strawberry Daifuku - Japanese Sweet Dessert

Postby daikaijusaurus » Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:34 pm

Hello all,

One of my wife's many talents is cooking, and not too long ago we decided to create a YouTube channel and show her recipes. My wife being Japanese, I have the pleasure of eating her fantastic Japanese foods everyday for lunch and dinner :mrgreen: One of my favorite desserts that she makes for me is strawberry daifuku, and just recently we created a new Youtube video of how to create this traditional Japanese sweet.

If anyone here is interested in trying to create this sweet, feel free to watch the video above. And below you will find the recipe and instructions taken from the video's description. Enjoy! :D

Ingredients for 8 pieces of Strawberry Daifuku:
8 medium sized strawberries
3/4 cup of Glutinous Rice Flour
2/3 cup of sugar
1/2 cup of water
7 oz of sweet red bean paste
Some corn starch for dusting

Instructions:
1. Wash strawberries clean. Cut the leaves leaving a flat-top surface. Place strawberries on a plate with the bottom of the each strawberry facing up.
2. Empty 7 oz red bean paste in a plate and spread evenly.
3. Cut the paste evenly into 8 pieces and role each piece into a ball shape.
4. Flatten each ball with the palm of your hand and place strawberry ( bottom facing up ) and wrap. Repeat until all 8 strawberries are wrapped.
5. In a bowl, empty 3/4 of a cup of glutinous rice flour and 2/3 of a cup of sugar. Mix well.
6. Little by little add 1/2 cup of water and mix slowly.
7. Heat mixture in microwave for 1 minute.
8. Mix well with wet spatula for easy mixing. You will notice that the mixture has gotten a little sticky and hard, so wet spatula is necessary otherwise it will stick to the spatula.
9. Heat mixture again for 1 minute.
10. You will notice now that the mixture is resembling Mochi, but some flour still remains, so continue mixing with wet spatula.
11. Heat again for the last time, but this time for 30 seconds. Now the Mochi mixture should appear translucent.
12. Sift corn starch onto the board and into a tray. Because the Mochi is very stickie, the corn starch will make it easier to handle.
13. Place the hot Mochi on the top of the board. Be careful, it may be very hot!
14. Separate the Mochie in half. Then divide each into 4 pieces, totaling 8 pieces in all.
15. Make each piece into a ball-like shape, then expand into a plate-like shape.
16. Place strawberry on top ( make sure the strawberry's bottom is facing up) and wrap. Continue until you have 8 pieces of Daifuku.

Done! Give yourself a high five! ;)

Daifuku is a popular traditional Japanese sweet. It is soft Mochi with Anko (sweet red bean paste) stuffing. I put a strawberry in the Daufuku. This is called Ichigo Daifuku in Japanese. The combination of fresh soft Mochi, sweet Anko, and juicy and tart strawberry is a match made in heaven!!

In Japan there are many varieties of Daifuku at the Japanese candy stores. During the spring time, they sell the Ichigo Daifuku. My mom and I would buy it and eat with my father and brothers. By eating the Ichigo Daifuku we felt the spring is coming by its refreshing and sweet taste. Now I am married in America and I make Ichigo Daifuku for my husband. He loves it very very much. When we eat it, it reminds us of Japan and the wonderful times my husband and I have when visiting Japan and eating Ichigo Daifuku with my parents and brothers.

Please subscribe to my channel to keep up to date with my latest videos and visit my Instagram page for photos of my vegan dishes. Eat Healthy and be Merry! :-)

Mary's Merry Kitchen Instagram Page
http://www.instagram.com/marysmerrykitchen

Mary's Merry Kitchen YouTube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/user/marysmerrykitchen
daikaijusaurus
Godzilla Jr.

Re: Strawberry Daifuku - Japanese Sweet Dessert

Postby Shin_Edda_Robo!!!!! » Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:13 pm

Ohh man I wanna have that!

Ultraman. Is a Dick. A Big Dick.
Shin_Edda_Robo!!!!!
Burning Godzilla