Any Kaiju flicks that have any scenes in Nagasaki?

Discuss Japan, its people, and its culture. Post a question for some of our board members who have had the wonderful opportunity to visit/live in Japan! Arigato!

Moderator: Controllers

Any Kaiju flicks that have any scenes in Nagasaki?

Postby TripMasterMunky » Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:11 pm

I'm going to be studying abroad in Nagasaki for a year starting next fall. Any kaiju flicks that have scenes there or anything? I can't remember any off hand, so I'm just curious. Wouldn't mind seeing how they portray the area or seeing if they have Nagasaki dialect in the language.

Thanks.
TripMasterMunky
Godzilla

Postby king_ghidorah » Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:49 pm

I think that area and Hiroshima have been untouched for obvious reasons in kaiju flicks. No worries though, once you're on the mainland in Japan, traveling to places where there were kaiju will be easy!!!

Congrats man! One of the reasons I joined the Air Force Reserves after getting out of active duty was in the hope that I'd get to go back to Japan on the government's dime someday lol.
FTW
king_ghidorah
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby TripMasterMunky » Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:34 pm

king_ghidorah wrote:I think that area and Hiroshima have been untouched for obvious reasons in kaiju flicks.

Yeah that's what I kinda figured.

king_ghidorah wrote:Congrats man! One of the reasons I joined the Air Force Reserves after getting out of active duty was in the hope that I'd get to go back to Japan on the government's dime someday lol.

Thanks. Yeah I went to Japan for the first time a little over a year ago for a few weeks. Now I'm going to be going there for a year as a university student. I remember reading somewhere that you said you were stationed there for like...2 years was it? Where in Japan were you at? If you want to just PM me too that's fine.
TripMasterMunky
Godzilla

Postby armandv » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:58 am

Hiroshima was briefly shown in Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah (1991). Ghidorah makes a fly-by with the Atomic Dome in the foreground in one scene.
armandv
Heisei Godzilla

Return to Japanese Culture