Favorite foods

Discuss Japan, its people, and its culture. Post a question for some of our board members who have had the wonderful opportunity to visit/live in Japan! Arigato!

Moderator: Controllers

Favorite foods

Postby Jomei » Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:33 am

I dunno about you guys, but there are times I feel like I'd brutally beat a man for a plate/bowl of curry from Japanese "fast food" places like Matsuya and Sukiya. Any particular places you like to eat at over in Japan or and particular foods you enjoy or miss?

One thing that I found hard to find even in Japan but that I absolutely LOVE is Match, a drink that usually I could only find in vending machines. Simply put, this is one of the finest beverages I've ever tasted.

Image
User avatar
Jomei
Little Godzilla
 
Posts: 176
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:12 pm

Postby Thomas » Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:50 pm

Discovered this drink on my first trip to Japan in 1996 and life here in the States has never been the same. Almost every time I see a vending machine or the drink selection at a convenience store here I always think about how little choice there is here.


Image

Mos Burger I enjoyed a lot too.
"The Bird did not look like Rodan, but he sensed it was the spirit of Rodan."

Mike Hanlon (It by Stephen King)
User avatar
Thomas
Godzilla
 
Posts: 572
Joined: Mon Jul 05, 2004 9:30 pm
Location: chicago illinois formerly from DETROIT!!

Postby king_ghidorah » Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:10 pm

Coco's Japanese Curry. Every other food I'll ever eat in life fails in comparison
FTW
User avatar
king_ghidorah
Meltdown Godzilla
 
Posts: 9917
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2003 12:27 am
Location: Ohio

Postby Jomei » Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:43 pm

king_ghidorah wrote:Coco's Japanese Curry. Every other food I'll ever eat in life fails in comparison


Is Coco a restaurant? Or a brand? Japanese curry is probably my favorite food. When I'm over there, I'm partial to Matsuya for the bang for the buck factor--it's cheap at around 300-400 yen usually and tastes delicious with just the right amount of heat. Sukiya's is also delicious and very filling.
User avatar
Jomei
Little Godzilla
 
Posts: 176
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:12 pm

Postby TripMasterMunky » Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:51 pm

Melon soda.

And yeah, sukiya rocks.
Last edited by TripMasterMunky on Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
J>E Translator. I like Japanese video games, giant monsters, and more. よろしくお願いします。
User avatar
TripMasterMunky
Godzilla
 
Posts: 782
Joined: Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:04 pm
Location: USA

Postby TripMasterMunky » Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:51 pm

Thomas wrote:Discovered this drink on my first trip to Japan in 1996 and life here in the States has never been the same. Almost every time I see a vending machine or the drink selection at a convenience store here I always think about how little choice there is here.


Image

Mos Burger I enjoyed a lot too.


Dude, you know Mitsuwa has that nectar, right? I just bought some the other day.
J>E Translator. I like Japanese video games, giant monsters, and more. よろしくお願いします。
User avatar
TripMasterMunky
Godzilla
 
Posts: 782
Joined: Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:04 pm
Location: USA

Postby Thomas » Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:26 am

Yeah, I almost went and bought some today (it's ten minutes away) when I saw this post but decided to hold off for the weekend.
"The Bird did not look like Rodan, but he sensed it was the spirit of Rodan."

Mike Hanlon (It by Stephen King)
User avatar
Thomas
Godzilla
 
Posts: 572
Joined: Mon Jul 05, 2004 9:30 pm
Location: chicago illinois formerly from DETROIT!!

Postby king_ghidorah » Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:33 am

Jomei wrote:
king_ghidorah wrote:Coco's Japanese Curry. Every other food I'll ever eat in life fails in comparison


Is Coco a restaurant? Or a brand? Japanese curry is probably my favorite food. When I'm over there, I'm partial to Matsuya for the bang for the buck factor--it's cheap at around 300-400 yen usually and tastes delicious with just the right amount of heat. Sukiya's is also delicious and very filling.


Resteraunt but they also sell curry in stores
FTW
User avatar
king_ghidorah
Meltdown Godzilla
 
Posts: 9917
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2003 12:27 am
Location: Ohio


Return to Japanese Culture

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests