Godzilla vs Starwars technolgy

Godzilla vs. Gamera, Gamera vs. Rodan, Godzilla vs. Superman! Use this forum to discuss fantasy fights.

Moderator: Controllers

Postby Lord Ghidorah » Fri Jun 17, 2005 10:00 pm

I don't have a copy of Ep. I to check the yacht scene, I'm afraid, but I shall look it up especially since I do not recall such an observation. The Ep. II reference also escapes me. In the interest of fair consideration, I'll see about renting them.
As for "shielded" TIEs, I definitely want to know where they were seen. TIEs have been shown as rather consistently fragile things.

Godzilla ought to be beaten by full-sized turbolaser batteries. Of course, those are not typically considered "ground forces," being mounted on large spacecraft whose commanders are usually reluctant to bombard their own troops.

I've had similar discussions on the Starship Modeler forums; in fact, there's one going on presently. I tend to play devil's advocate in such chats. There's a fine line between dazzling someone with real-world numbers and making unfounded claims. Some fans don't like that habit of mine, but one doesn't need a degree in astrophysics to spot a simple logical fallacy and pounce on it. To me, it's all good fun.
Does anyone else listen to Kajagoogoo's "Too Shy" and think of "Save the Earth?"
Lord Ghidorah
Godzilla Jr.

Postby anguirus23 » Fri Jun 17, 2005 11:43 pm

Point-defense cannons aren't full-sized turbolaser batteries, and Empire Strikes Back shows us that those lasers would still vaporize him! The cannons in question are a fraction of the size of SPHA-Ts. Now, the eight eight-barreled HEAVY turbolasers on a Mark II Imperial Star Destroyer would really be overkill.

The TIEs show "shield" flare on near-misses from the Falcon's laser cannons, similar to the flares around Obi-Wan's fighter when Slave I is hammering him.

And it is all good fun.
anguirus23

Postby Lord Ghidorah » Sat Jun 18, 2005 7:05 pm

The cannons in question are a fraction of the size of SPHA-Ts.
I've never actually seen those guns, as the shots were just drawn in over a film model. Film details, please?
Does anyone else listen to Kajagoogoo's "Too Shy" and think of "Save the Earth?"
Lord Ghidorah
Godzilla Jr.

Postby anguirus23 » Sun Jun 19, 2005 2:51 pm

Well, we don't ever see the guns. If they were anywhere near the size of SPHA-Ts, we probably would see them on the model. They are over 40 meters long.

We see comparable point-defense laser cannons in Revenge of the Sith and A New Hope. They look to be a few meters long in both.

Saxton on SPHA-Ts: http://www.theforce.net/swtc/sphat.html
anguirus23

Postby Lord Ghidorah » Sun Jun 19, 2005 6:57 pm

Interesting. Then again, it's Saxton.
I still don't see the shield intereference that should be there by SW standards. Then again, I'm not paid to write puff pieces for it either. :wink:
Lord Ghidorah
Godzilla Jr.

Postby anguirus23 » Tue Jun 21, 2005 11:39 am

I don't think Saxton gets paid for SWTC...just the works he does for DK. ;)
anguirus23

Postby Lord Ghidorah » Sat Jun 25, 2005 12:32 am

Also consider that Saxton is not the only one who writes stuff up for SW.

Oh, well, come back after a few and there's nothing else. 'Time for a new topic, eh?
Lord Ghidorah
Godzilla Jr.

Postby anguirus23 » Sat Jun 25, 2005 2:37 pm

^ No he isn't, but I applaud his willingness to research the heck out of the movies, as opposed to the old West End Games "make "OH GODZILLA! WHAT TERRIBLE LANGUAGE!" up" approach.

I guess there isn't much else. Godzilla's a little in over his head.
anguirus23

Postby Lord Ghidorah » Sun Jun 26, 2005 3:30 am

'Not against strictly ground forces... but since when can the starships be left out? Heh.

'Got to agree about WEG. It's amusing that they even got a license. 'Easy damned game, too.
Lord Ghidorah
Godzilla Jr.

Postby Gojizilla » Thu Oct 13, 2005 5:43 am

How about we even this one up?

Let's say Godzilla is akin to the Yuzhaan Vong in this match-up, in that he is an organic juggernaut possessing capabilities equal to that of any mechanical technology possessed by the GFFA. In the NJO the YV totally devasted the GFFA with their biological tech, so let's say that Godzilla is like all of the YV's best offensive and defensive technologies rolled into one awesome force of destruction.

He emits a plasma ray capable of exhausting the strongest shields and melting the thickest armour, he can form a great dovin basal around his body to absorb laser blasts and proton torpedoes, he can also use said dovin basal to achieve flight, and he can even jump to dark space with it.

So how is the contest now? With a spectacular Godzilla fighting against spectacular forces in a galaxy far, far away, who wins it?
Gojizilla
Little Godzilla

Postby sachiel » Fri Oct 14, 2005 3:15 pm

Gojizilla wrote:He emits a plasma ray capable of exhausting the strongest shields and melting the thickest armour, he can form a great dovin basal around his body to absorb laser blasts and proton torpedoes, he can also use said dovin basal to achieve flight, and he can even jump to dark space with it.

So how is the contest now? With a spectacular Godzilla fighting against spectacular forces in a galaxy far, far away, who wins it?

From that description, it sounds more like Space Godzilla to me! :P
sachiel
Heisei Godzilla

Postby Gojizilla » Sat Oct 15, 2005 1:04 am

Or Super Godzilla.....
Gojizilla
Little Godzilla

Postby Lysocanth » Mon Oct 17, 2005 3:44 pm

A black hole couldn't even contain and kill Godzilla. The garbage in Star Wars isn't even close to a black hole.

End Of.
Lysocanth
Godzilla Jr.

Postby BrollySupersj » Fri Nov 18, 2005 7:03 pm

sachiel wrote:
Gojizilla wrote:He emits a plasma ray capable of exhausting the strongest shields and melting the thickest armour, he can form a great dovin basal around his body to absorb laser blasts and proton torpedoes, he can also use said dovin basal to achieve flight, and he can even jump to dark space with it.

From that description, it sounds more like Space Godzilla to me! :P

Even better, space godzilla has the true power to destroy starwars machines.
BrollySupersj
Heisei Godzilla

Postby BrollySupersj » Sun Oct 08, 2006 11:16 pm

bump anyone?
BrollySupersj
Heisei Godzilla

Postby Jokezilla » Sat Feb 17, 2007 1:05 pm

Godzilla could beat anything in the starwars universe, easily.

Godzilla vs. The Death Star

Firstly lets look at the Death Star vesus Godzilla. Imagine it, Godzilla is chilling on some planet when the Death Star decides to destroy said planet. Godzilla using that odd sixth sense he exhibits in some movies turns and around and fires his ray. Now we've got a beam lock, sure the Empire's ray is technological proficient, but Godzilla's ray isn't just powered by nucleur power but also by pure unforgiving rage. Godzilla wins the beam lock forcing both the Planet Destroying ray and his own into the Death Star desytroying it completly.

Victor: Godzilla

Godzilla vs. Fleets

Great Star Destroyers can destroy asteroids, well Godzilla is a hell of a lot stronger than rock, no matter what the fleet throws at him Godzilla will resist. The entire empire will soon find its self burning to death in Godzilla's fire. Tie Fighters, X-wing and the like aren't even challenges and will all fall before Godzilla.

Godzilla vs. Jedi/Sith

Lightsabers aren't long enough to go through Godzilla's skin. Yoda will swallow his size does not matter quote when Godzilla crushes him. I doubt the force is that strong otherwise Yoda would have just destroyed the Death Star with his mind or something.

Godzilla has been reading this board and your lack of faith disturbs him.
KILL THEM ALL
Jokezilla
Godzilla Egg

Postby Jorzilla » Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:28 am

You're wrong.
Jorzilla
Heisei Godzilla

Postby Jokezilla » Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:32 am

Care to elaborate. :?:
Last edited by Jokezilla on Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KILL THEM ALL
Jokezilla
Godzilla Egg

Postby kiryugoji04 » Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:54 am

Jokezilla wrote:Godzilla vs. The Death Star

Firstly lets look at the Death Star vesus Godzilla. Imagine it, Godzilla is chilling on some planet when the Death Star decides to destroy said planet. Godzilla using that odd sixth sense he exhibits in some movies turns and around and fires his ray. Now we've got a beam lock, sure the Empire's ray is technological proficient, but Godzilla's ray isn't just powered by nucleur power but also by pure unforgiving rage. Godzilla wins the beam lock forcing both the Planet Destroying ray and his own into the Death Star desytroying it completly.

Oh, this is silly. A beam lock between Godzilla and the Death Star would be cool and with the advent of GxM it may not be totally implausible butif that thing hit the planet, let alone Godzilla himself, Goji's toast, no doubt about it. Sure, Kaiju tend to be nearly Godlike but I think Godzilla Vs. the Death Star superlaser is just absurdly weighted against our favorite monster.

Also, I seriously doubt that Godzilla's beam could take the Death Star out, especially with the Death Star high in orbit. Sure, it's a pretty big target, but even if it's big enough for Godzilla to hit, the thing's the size of a small moon and one beam blast ain't gonna do crap. Even if Godzilla got were able to rampage on its surface, it's way bigger than any city he's ever wrecked and then the turbolasers'd probably take him out. Besides, I doubt Godzilla could survive in the vacuum like Gigan or Ghidorah.

Godzilla vs. Fleets

Great Star Destroyers can destroy asteroids, well Godzilla is a hell of a lot stronger than rock, no matter what the fleet throws at him Godzilla will resist. The entire empire will soon find its self burning to death in Godzilla's fire. Tie Fighters, X-wing and the like aren't even challenges and will all fall before Godzilla.

We don't know what effect Blaster fire would have on Godzilla but I'd say he'd handle fighters the same way he handles real-life jets. However, Star Destroyer Turbolasers would surely rip him apart.

Godzilla vs. Jedi/Sith

Lightsabers aren't long enough to go through Godzilla's skin. Yoda will swallow his size does not matter quote when Godzilla crushes him. I doubt the force is that strong otherwise Yoda would have just destroyed the Death Star with his mind or something.

I don't think it'd be entirely impossible for a group of Force-wielders to take on Godzilla and at least drive him off, but it'd be hellishly hard and the odds would certainly be against them, I think. I'll give you this one.

EDIT: Also, "Care to elaborate," needs a question mark. :P
Artisanal Practical Effects & Kaiju Content @Xenofauna
kiryugoji04
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby BrollySupersj » Sun Feb 25, 2007 2:01 am

I love this thread.
BrollySupersj
Heisei Godzilla

Postby miguelnuva » Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:42 am

The Force>Death Star>Godzilla

any Godzilla attacking any planet in the empire would be like the spartans in halo reach or his meltdown in Godzilla vs Destroyer.
miguelnuva
Baby Godzilla

Previous

Return to Godzilla vs. Gamera: Kaiju Fantasy Fights