[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
The South Carolina Lizardman • Monster Zero x SciFi Japan - Archive Only

The South Carolina Lizardman

Cryptozoology/Myths and Legends/Fortean Phenomena: Is Bigfoot stomping through your backyard? Are Dinosaur bones being dug up at a local construction site? Is the Loch Ness Monster popping up out of your pool and eating your Lorna Doone cookies? UFOs buzzing by, Conspiracies....there are lots of weird, wonderful, and mysterious things in this world...and beyond!!!

Moderator: Controllers

The South Carolina Lizardman

Postby Tokage » Fri Nov 12, 2004 4:26 pm

This is by far my favorite crypto monster, even though he most likely was a total hoax:

[quote]THE LIZARD MAN OF THE SOUTH CAROLINA SWAMPS

If one didn’t know better, they’d see Bishopville, South Carolina as just another sleepy small southern town surrounded by swamps. One would never guess that this quiet place could ever become the focus of international attention. But that’s just what happened one summer fifteen years ago, when reports of a strange and never before seen creature turned backwater town of Bishopville into a place rife with frenzy and fear.

In 1988 the eyes of the world focused on Bishopville in hopes of catching a glimpse of the mysterious and dangerous Lizard Man. The sensation began in June of that year when seventeen year old Christopher Davis was on his way home from working the late shift at a local McDonald’s. As he drove along the outskirts of town, along the border of Scape Ore Swamp, his tire blew out. It was already approaching two in the morning, and the exhausted teenager simply wanted to go home and get to bed. The events that occurred that warm June night as Chris labored to change his tire would make it difficult for the young man to ever sleep soundly again.

Suddenly the quiet stillness of the darkened back road was shattered when Chris heard a loud thump in a bean field across the street from his disabled car. What happened next incited a panic which would last for three straight months. Davis described his experience this way to the AP wire services a few days later:

“I looked back and saw something running across the field towards me. It was about 25 yards away and I saw red eyes glowing. I ran into the car and as I locked it, the thing grabbed the door handle. I could see him from the neck down – the three big fingers, long black nails and green rough skin. It was strong and angry. I looked in my mirror and saw a blur of green running. I could see his toes and then he jumped on the roof of my car. I thought I heard a grunt and then I could see his fingers through the front windshield, where they curled around on the roof. I sped up and swerved to shake the creature off.â€
Tokage
Godzilla Egg

Postby Klownzilla » Fri Nov 12, 2004 10:25 pm

Klownzilla
Heisei Godzilla

Postby Bagoth » Sat Nov 13, 2004 10:49 pm

Bagoth

Postby Nippon » Sun Nov 14, 2004 12:19 am

Nippon
Godzilla

Return to The Fortean Crypt of Real Life Terrors