[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 130: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 130: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
I AINT FRAID OF NO GHOSTS • Monster Zero x SciFi Japan - Archive Only

I AINT FRAID OF NO GHOSTS

Cryptozoology/Myths and Legends/Fortean Phenomena: Is Bigfoot stomping through your backyard? Are Dinosaur bones being dug up at a local construction site? Is the Loch Ness Monster popping up out of your pool and eating your Lorna Doone cookies? UFOs buzzing by, Conspiracies....there are lots of weird, wonderful, and mysterious things in this world...and beyond!!!

Moderator: Controllers

I AINT FRAID OF NO GHOSTS

Postby MekaGojira3k » Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:42 pm

I was watching The Conjuring, and I just thought I'd ask in this part of the forum (since I'm in one of my creepy story/creepypasta/horrormovie moods).
Does anybody here believe in ghosts?

I don't know, myself, if I do, I mean, as a kid I thought I saw one. I sort of wrote it off as my imagination until I found out others had seen the same thing in the same area. As it is, I dunno, I don't think I really saw a ghost, but it is weird that other people saw the same thing I did. I suppose I don't really believe in them, as much as I'd like to believe in some strange and supernatural world layered over our own. Although even with hoping for such a thing I've not seen anything since that singular childhood experience.

Thought this was neat:
http://www.cracked.com/article_18828_th ... tings.html
"We Can't Stop Here, This is Bat Country!"

MekaGojira3k
Millennium Godzilla

Re: I AINT FRAID OF NO GHOSTS

Postby lhb412 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:20 pm

I suppose this is as good a place as any to say that I'm a total atheist and skeptic about everything, including ghosts. This is weird, because I'm not a very logical or scientific-minded person. My mind doesn't really work like that: I'm all squishy emotions and artistic inclinations, and (ironically) I'm very interested in religions and folklore.

When I was a kid I thought I maybe saw UFOs and heard ghosts and maybe angels. I just figure I didn't have the reasoning or sense to actually judge what I was seeing or if I was dreaming or not (I had very powerful dreams, including lucid dreams, as a child).
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Postby MekaGojira3k » Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:59 pm

MekaGojira3k
Millennium Godzilla

Postby lhb412 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:37 am

I had several very strong dreams in early childhood that for years I thought of as just normal memories. It was only years later that I was able to look back and realize they were dreams.

One involved a living scarecrow at my aunt's house!
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Postby klen7 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:28 am

One time I was watching TV alone and there was a candle and a lighter that were always sitting on top of the television... then suddenly the lighter quickly flew perpendicularly across the room, hit the wall 9 feet away and fell to the floor. i don't believe in ghosts, but that still weirds me out many years later because i have no explanation for it.
klen7
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby Destroysall » Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:13 am

There was a time me and a few buddies were staying at a resort for a weekend during a production. We decided to go strolling about one morning after breakfast and found a condemned part of the resort that used to be the entrance of it. I don't know why the resort had concluded to move their entrance, but the area looked like something out of Pan's Labyrinth. I could only imagine how gorgeous it looked like when it was in operation. They even had these beautiful water fountains that would grace the quad of every section. Anyways while we were knocking about, we passed what looked to be an old bar. It was vast and easy to recognize anything in it as the bar was completely encased with windows. The only form of hard wall was behind the bar counter. My friends kept strolling ahead of me as I was still gazing at how huge and nice the bar area looked. Then suddenly I saw a man dressed as if he were Thelonious Monk, in a fine pressed suit tipped off with a top hat. I even noticed he wore white gloves as they laid across the bar counter. He was sitting down on a bar stool, his back facing me. He sat there washing himself away with a glass of liquor. My attention came to a quick close when a friend had called my name and I turned my head quickly to respond. When I had fixed my position back to the bar, the man had disappeared. There was nothing in this vast room. Surely it could have been easy to recognize had anyone left the room as the area was visually vulnerable due to the windows.

It was a really weird but interesting experience. I never did grow a sense of fear during the time. What proved to be even further interesting is when I had went to a local bookstore a few days later I had discovered a book that gave specifics as to some of the most haunted places in the U.S. and among them was the same resort we were at and they even gave specifics as to the old bar being the source of most ghost sightings. I haven't discovered much since and this was years back.
uhh...
Destroysall
Burning Godzilla

Postby O.Supreme » Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:31 am

the term "ghost" can have many different definitions. That being said, I do not believe in spirits of dead people influencing the living for good or ill, or have the ability to make their presence manifest. However I do believe that demons can effect people, make them see & experience things etc... only if they open themselves up to it.

This is more a mystery than an experience however... Shortly after my wife & I got married I purchased the Lord of the Rings trilogy on audio book CD in anticipation of the films coming out. I would listen to them as I would fall asleep at night. One time I woke up in the middle of the night and my arm accidentally knocked the CD's off my nightstand. Four of the 12 CD's for Return of the King were missing, and I never found them. Tore the bedroom apart. Even when we moved out of that place I never found them. There is a small chance one of our neighbors teenage daughters, who has he reputation of stealing things, may have done it, but I cold have sworn ALL the CD's were there the night before I knocked them off the nightstand. :?
There are no more good TV Shows, only ones that haven't disappointed me yet.
O.Supreme
Burning Godzilla

Postby jellydonut25 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:52 am

I have always believed in ghosts but been EXTREMELY skeptical of people who claim to have seen/interacted with them.

And then I had a paranormal encounter of my own...and I'm still quite skeptical of people who claim to have encountered ghosts, but believe in ghosts more strongly now.
Gills.

My DVD/Blu-Ray Collection:
http://jellydonut25.filmaf.com/owned
jellydonut25
Controller

Postby Shin_Edda_Robo!!!!! » Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:44 pm

Ultraman. Is a Dick. A Big Dick.
Shin_Edda_Robo!!!!!
Burning Godzilla

Postby Henry88 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:33 pm

I have never encountered no ghosts but I do believe they exist and I hope I'll never encounter one.
ROBOT CO-OP IS GAMING COMEDY
https://robotco-op.com/
Henry88
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby MekaGojira3k » Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:52 am

Some of you have mentioned paranormal experiences, care to share any of them?

I know it's kind of a ghost thread, but I'll accept whatever. I love this sort of thing.

MekaGojira3k
Millennium Godzilla

Postby metal_bryan » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:23 am

I've had episodes of sleep paralysis throughout my life. It's common for the terror induced by these to make you feel paranoid, so take my experience with that logical grain of salt. The last time I had one was a couple years ago and it was different from previous instances. In the past I'd only feel the paralysis part and was consequentially scared because I couldn't move and couldn't talk. Not a fun time, but it doesn't last more than a few minutes. The last time it happened though I felt a malicious presence and saw a dark figure in the room. My eyes were open but I struggled to move and was terrified of course. I think what I saw was what people seem to refer to as shadow people. It was as if a humanoid shaped shadow hovered near the door of the bedroom and slowly got closer to me. My wife was sitting at the computer facing away from it and she of course had headphones on watching Netflix or something. I'm the only one who saw it and it's apparently common for sleep paralysis to "cause" these sightings. However, since then, my wife has complained of feeling scared at times during the night while I sleep, like somebody is in the room. She never complained of this before that night, and I haven't had sleep paralysis since. I've never actually told her about what I saw that night, because I know now in retrospect how frightened she would be if I revealed what I think is "haunting" her. I still don't really believe in ghosts, but it's hard to explain away what I saw and the way my wife has been effected somehow.
metal_bryan
Controller

Postby klen7 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:01 am

:shock:
klen7
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby Shin_Edda_Robo!!!!! » Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:14 pm

Sounds like an encounter with a Shadow Person there Metal_Bryan.

Spooky stuff.

Ultraman. Is a Dick. A Big Dick.
Shin_Edda_Robo!!!!!
Burning Godzilla

Postby metal_bryan » Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:26 am

Seeing shadow people is commonly associated with sleep paralysis, but that doesn't explain other happenings since then. I can add that some electronics have been known to decide to turn themselves off or on around me in the past few months. My wife has been especially anxious and having trouble sleeping lately too. Been getting creepy Paranormal Activity feelings about the whole thing. Some of the big differences in our lives lately have been getting married and multiple steps toward a happy future for both of us. Scares me that something I don't understand may be trying to interfere. I certainly don't believe in demons.
metal_bryan
Controller

Postby lhb412 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:59 am

^Maybe you do?

This sounds pretty insane, coming from an atheist and all - but if I began to suspect an evil presence haunting my home I'd get a priest from every major religion and denomination into my house to do a little exorcism/blessing/heck, at least to say a little something!
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Postby jellydonut25 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:08 pm

So my paranormal story goes as follows:

I went to the Stanley Hotel, the very famously haunted hotel in Colorado where Stephen King wrote the outline for The Shining, and filmed his TV version, and where certain scenes of Dumb and Dumber were filmed and Jim Carey refused to stay in the hotel...

and I went on a tour, and the group was actually pretty small, and they took us into the underground tunnels and told us that this one area was pretty active and nobody would go in there, so I did, and wound up facing back at the group of everyone else with a nook/alcove behind me. I was snapping some pictures, and FROM BEHIND ME (where NOBODY was) heard "Behind you". It was otherwise silent in there, because everyone was too nervous (with the lights being off an all) to speak.
Gills.

My DVD/Blu-Ray Collection:
http://jellydonut25.filmaf.com/owned
jellydonut25
Controller

Postby briizilla » Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:15 pm

~Brian~

briizilla
Burning Godzilla

Postby MekaGojira3k » Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:45 pm

The thing I thought I saw was an old woman on our property. And the thing that's strange is that later during a conversation my aunt told me she had seen an old woman (their house is on the same property) who wasn't explainable in any way when she was a girl. Then, my dad's girlfriend saw the old woman when she was alone in his house. I don't really know how to explain it, but the fact that 3 people saw the same thing on their own without knowing other people had seen anything. What's even weirder is that someone DIED in my dad's house, but it was an old man during the construction of the house. Nobody ever claimed to see him.

EDIT: I guess I'll tell how I saw the woman. My Aunt had seen her walking in the yard, my dad's girlfriend woke up on the couch and saw her sitting in a recliner. As for myself, I woke up in the middle of the night and saw her walk by the door, then she came back, and stared at me. She opened her mouth as though she were speaking, but there wasn't any sound, and then she walked back the way she came. The worst thing about it all is that I had woken up to go take a piss...and now...I felt like I'd have to hold it in until morning XD

MekaGojira3k
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Pkmatrix » Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:11 pm

I believe, reluctantly. I'm a rather rational and skeptical person, far moreso than when I joined this site, but I've had a number of experiences with what I believe to have been ghosts that no rational explanation has been able to adequately explain to my satisfaction. I've spoken with a few others - one of which is a very rational, very skeptical atheist - who had far more visceral and terrifying experiences than anything I faced. The atheist/skeptic's story was horrifying, he was very uncomfortable telling it, and was very unhappy to admit he had no rational explanation for what had happened to him and his wife.
Pkmatrix
Heisei Godzilla

Postby The Top Crusader » Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:06 pm

I more or less agree with O. Supreme up there. Different people might call something a "ghost" but I don't believe in them in the most traditional way of being the spirit of the dead--but I do believe in other supernatural entities. I forget the exact term for it, but I think its "residual hauntings," where basically an event that happened there at some point in history is occasionally played out by "ghosts" that people can see. Like seeing Civil War soldiers in a field or whatever, but they can't be interacted with at all, its just like the area is playing a replay of a past event. I'm not opposed to believing that kind of thing.

I've never had any experience myself that is particularly convincing, but somewhat recently my wife's uncle has insisted that his house is haunted that he only recently moved in to. Apparently cabinets open and close overnight and stuff moves around no the counter tops. He claims he actually saw an ashtray fly off the side of a table, onto the floor. I don't know, I don't know him particularly well, but I don't think he would just randomly make up a story like that for fun, so...? Also of note, his home is close to a mass grave where a bunch of people died from some disease in the 1800's... make of that what you will!
The Top Crusader
Godzilla Jr.

Postby Godzilla4ev » Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:45 pm

I have not posted here in quite some time. I was very active when the Millennium Godzilla series was new. I do check in every now and then, but have not had any compulsion to post. Until now.

Demons exist weather you wish to believe in them or not.

My experiences with the supernatural when I was in my twenties (43 today actually), still give me nightmares to this day.

My intentions with this post is not to convince anyone. You will believe what you will.

I was always skeptical, and never believed in anything to do with ghosts or demons. When you see things with your own eyes, when you experience terrifying events personally, it has a very strong effect on your entire belief system.

As I said, Demons exist weather you wish to believe in them or not.
The sea rose as a wall of sharp spines sliced thru the surface. The water boiled and churned as fish of all species floated on their sides, dead. Godzilla, the demon god had emerged.
Godzilla4ev
Heisei Godzilla

Postby The Top Crusader » Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:19 pm

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nationa ... -1.1593169

Seems an appropriate place to post this. >_>

I haven't read this specific article, but I was following the story elsewhere. I see the main guy from Ghost Adventures bought this house, lol.
The Top Crusader
Godzilla Jr.

Postby planetxleader » Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:27 pm

I shall keep this thread going since, like MekaGojira3k, I love this stuff.

I don't believe in an afterlife or spirits but I can't really discount certain stories, nor can I completely discount the existence of ghosts. I've never really had a paranormal encounter/sighting before (though I have seen things in the woods that have made me go "wut.")

I'm more inclined to believe in the existence of demons, and I find the explanation that they are not supernatural beings at all but merely "aliens" that exist on a completely different plane of existence, one that we can't detect except through extreme mediation... I find this explanation pretty plausible, actually.
"Vishnu takes on his multi-armed form, and says, "RAAAAAHHHOOO!!!'"
planetxleader
Heisei Godzilla

Postby MosugojiNoGyakushu » Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:43 pm

I've lived in several houses that were haunted. The most recent one was back in 2005. I had friends that lived in the apartment before I lived there and they had several incidents. One night they were up watching TV and heard heavy footsteps in the attic above them slowly walk across the floor and then stop at the top of the attic stairs. They were also seeing movement from the corner of their eyes buy when they turned to look nothing was there. Several months later they moved out and I moved in. The woman who lived downstairs heard crying in the back stairwell at night and once i n awhile get a glimpse of a young girl on the stairs. One really odd thing that I found while living there was when I went into the attic to look around. There was stuff left there by a previous tenant,abandoned when they moved out I guess. So I started nosing around and found a square plastic box that said "Cremated Human Remains" on the side of it. I called my land lord and he came over to get them. Apparently the women that had lived there at one time moved and seem to have forgotten the ashes of their dead father! Maybe that is who was stomping around in the attic that night my friends heard it! My landlord also seemed very nervous about going up into the attic after that. Apparently he knew more than he was saying and didn't like talking about it.
MosugojiNoGyakushu
Little Godzilla

Next

Return to The Fortean Crypt of Real Life Terrors