Big foot found...

Cryptozoology/Myths and Legends/Fortean Phenomena: Is Bigfoot stomping through your backyard? Are Dinosaur bones being dug up at a local construction site? Is the Loch Ness Monster popping up out of your pool and eating your Lorna Doone cookies? UFOs buzzing by, Conspiracies....there are lots of weird, wonderful, and mysterious things in this world...and beyond!!!

Moderator: Controllers

Big foot found...

Postby Henry88 » Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:39 pm

I say it is a hoax but on September 1 we shall know

http://www.foxnews.com/video/index.html ... d=playlist
Henry88
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby Danno » Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:54 pm

Yeah, Cryptomundo is crashing right now.

(I doubt he found anything)
Danno
Godzilla

Postby Henry88 » Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:00 pm

Henry88
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby Danno » Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:22 pm

Who stole the costume from Harry and the Henderson's?
Danno
Godzilla

Postby gojira_fan » Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:11 pm

Or it's the costume from the beef jerky commercials.

It's becoming more obvious this thing is a complete hoax.

Perhaps it's best that if bigfoot does exist he's never found.
gojira_fan
Godzilla

Postby ultrazilla2000 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:42 am

Man, I don't know about this...

I want to say hoax, but these people are really risking a lot by playing a prank of this size on the media and scientific community, so maybe it's real??? I just hope nobody is throwing money at them until the results come back, otherwise it could very well be fake and they're being played right into their hands.

But say this IS real...I fear for any remaining Sasquatch creatures in the wild, as people would start hunting them more than ever...maybe with actual guns even. Hopefully if proven to be real, some kinds of federal protection can be implemented.

Either way, this will get interesting very fast!
ultrazilla2000
Heisei Godzilla

Postby lhb412 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:03 pm

We shall march into the forbidden zone!
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Postby ultrazilla2000 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:18 pm

Hmmm...here's part of an article from www.livescience.com regarding the "expert" who's dealing with the media through all this...

"In 2005, Biscardi promoted a pay-per-view cable TV show in which he offered viewers the chance to see a Bigfoot captured on live television for only $59.95. That never happened, but Biscardi did recently direct and produce a film called "Bigfoot Lives."

Surely the publicity from this press conference might boost his film's sales..."

So this is probably another lame attempt by this "OH GODZILLA! WHAT TERRIBLE LANGUAGE!" to cash in on hopeful believers. Too early to tell for sure, but he's already cried wolf before. People like this really suck and just set zoology as a science back.
ultrazilla2000
Heisei Godzilla

Postby Danno » Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:55 pm

If he has done this before, then I'd just give up on this entirely. I just don't think they exist anymore. Maybe once they did, but I doubt they do these days. If these multiple recent sightings have any truth to them, with today's technology there would be cell phone pictures/video etc. Almost everybody owns one, or big foot just likes to stalk people who are dated.
Danno
Godzilla

Postby briizilla » Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:14 pm

I fear for any remaining Sasquatch creatures in the wild, as people would start hunting them more than ever...maybe with actual guns even

:lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol:

oh man thats funny
~Brian~

briizilla
Burning Godzilla

Postby ultrazilla2000 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:24 pm

I'm not sure why you thought that to be so funny? When someone says they are going "ghost hunting" or "bigfoot hunting" it's with cameras and evidence collection kits, NOT with guns. So if something like a bigfoot is ever proven to be legit and living in some area, you're telling me you don't believe every redneck and game hunter with something to prove wouldn't immediately go after one with shotgun in hand?

Apparently you mistook what I meant...or you're just special that way.
Last edited by ultrazilla2000 on Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ultrazilla2000
Heisei Godzilla

Postby lhb412 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:29 pm

I can understand what he's saying. Im a genuine skeptic non-bigfoot/ghost/magic of any kind believer-type person, but if I did run across a bigfoot or faerie or dinosaur I'd keep quiet about.

Everyone's seen E.T. right?
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Postby ultrazilla2000 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:42 pm

Exactly...or another good example in movies would be Baby, Secret of the Lost Legend.

But it looks like it's all fake anyways, so the Bigfoot legend can live on for now. The "press release" turned out to be a joke with nothing shown (under pretenses they wanted to "protect" the species) and the "corpse" pretty much identified as a Halloween costume. Not to mention a video of a "scientist" traveling to collect the DNA samples turned out to be one of the guy's brothers. Most of us had our doubts from the beginning, but there should still be reprocussions for crap like this for the liars pulling the strings. Why do they always get away with it? Free speech is one thing, but when you hold an official press conference, then media companies are spending money to be there...for nothing! You'd think they would want compensation.
ultrazilla2000
Heisei Godzilla

Postby Danno » Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:42 pm

I think it is about time we put the Big Foot myth to bed. At least in the United States.
Danno
Godzilla

Postby briizilla » Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:00 pm

How can you not see the humor in the statement:

I fear for any remaining Sasquatch creatures in the wild

even now I still think its funny :lol:
~Brian~

briizilla
Burning Godzilla

Postby Robert Saint John » Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:58 pm

If you want funny, take a look at the San Francisco Chronic;e's coverage of the event:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.c ... 12C0SB.DTL

But the hikers did present three photographs of their find. The clearest one looked like a man in a gorilla suit.
The fuzziest one - the one that looked like a banana inside a tortilla - depicted what Whitton said was Bigfoot's jaw. That photograph was airtight proof of the existence of something that looked like a banana inside a tortilla.
Whitton handed out a picture of one of the upright creatures, which looked like a large, ambulatory Tootsie Roll.

I nearly wet myself when I read "large, ambulatory Tootsie Roll". That's just about the funniest combination of words ever.
Robert - Cleveland, OH
(formerly mechascorpio)
Robert Saint John
Burning Godzilla

Postby briizilla » Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:20 pm

mechascorpio wrote:If you want funny, take a look at the San Francisco Chronic;e's coverage of the event:

But the hikers did present three photographs of their find. The clearest one looked like a man in a gorilla suit.
The fuzziest one - the one that looked like a banana inside a tortilla - depicted what Whitton said was Bigfoot's jaw. That photograph was airtight proof of the existence of something that looked like a banana inside a tortilla.
Whitton handed out a picture of one of the upright creatures, which looked like a large, ambulatory Tootsie Roll.

I nearly wet myself when I read "large, ambulatory Tootsie Roll". That's just about the funniest combination of words ever.

I just read the DNA samples were :eek: not bigfoot :eek: . Opossum Dna is what I read. Which only proves one thing...Bigfoot is one big ass possum :D
~Brian~

briizilla
Burning Godzilla

Postby ultrazilla2000 » Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:10 am

Surprised they didn't find marine DNA considering how FISHY the whole thing was from the start...
Last edited by ultrazilla2000 on Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
ultrazilla2000
Heisei Godzilla

Postby ultrazilla2000 » Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:12 am

briizilla wrote:How can you not see the humor in the statement:

That's fine, just hurry up and pass the bong...
ultrazilla2000
Heisei Godzilla

Postby ultrazilla2000 » Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:20 am

briizilla wrote:
mechascorpio wrote:If you want funny, take a look at the San Francisco Chronic;e's coverage of the event:

I just read the DNA samples were :eek: not bigfoot :eek: . Opossum Dna is what I read. Which only proves one thing...Bigfoot is one big ass possum :D

Nah, I'd have hit one with my car by now. :D
ultrazilla2000
Heisei Godzilla

Postby briizilla » Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:26 pm

ultrazilla2000 wrote:
briizilla wrote:How can you not see the humor in the statement:

That's fine, just hurry up and pass the bong...

That reminds me...where did I leave that thing?
~Brian~

briizilla
Burning Godzilla

Postby mr.negativity » Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:25 am

Scientists say they're 95% sure they've found proof Yetis are real
Carol Pinchefsky wrote:Last week, we told you about about an international team of scientists working together to find the Yeti. We suppose that this team effort is just the push that Yeti hunters needed, because they now say they're 95 percent sure that the Yeti exists.
According to the Huffington Post:
It didn't take very long for [researchers] to issue a statement on the official Kemerovo website stating they had found "footprints, a probable den and various markers that Yetis mark their territory with."

An English translation (from translate.google.com) of the original Russian news report added that the conference researchers "collected irrefutable evidence of the existence of the Yeti in Mountainous Shoria" (the southern part of Kemerovo).

They concluded that the artifacts gave them 95-percent proof of the existence of Yeti in the Kemerovo region, the press release stated.

The press release makes our suspicious nature rear its skeptical head. The phrase "various markers that Yetis mark their territory with" is logically inconsistent; because we have no proof that Yetis exist, we couldn't possibly know which markers they use.

But we love a good mystery, especially when it concerns the human family tree. It's fun to speculate about a new branch, one that's been hidden for thousands of years.

Russian scientist Anatoly Fokin found hair samples, which are currently being studied in a laboratory. Soon the world will know whether the hairs have been shed from the Yeti's enormous form ... or just a bear.

(via HuffPo)
mr.negativity
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby The Shadow » Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:05 am

I refuse to believe it until we see a live Yeti rampaging through New York City.
Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?
The Shadow
Burning Godzilla

Postby Mysterio » Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:45 am

I love when reports say "Scientists say...." Yeah, SOME scientists... a handful of stupid ones... :?

I'm all for science, I'm an engineer myself, I just love when reporters put spin on things like this, it's not like it's a consensus from the scientific community at large...
Mysterio
Godzilla

Postby mr.negativity » Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:36 pm

mr.negativity
Meltdown Godzilla

Next

Return to The Fortean Crypt of Real Life Terrors