[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 130: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
All Things Gundam • Monster Zero x SciFi Japan - Archive Only

All Things Gundam

From Tetsujin 28 to Akira, from Macross to Miyazaki, there is an incredibly wide range of Japanese animated movies and TV shows to suit almost everyone's particular tastes! Discuss the wide world of anime and manga here!

Moderator: Controllers

Re: All Things Gundam

Postby Dr Kain » Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:58 pm

I thought so to, but nope, Funimation does indeed have IBO.

The fact that Gundam Wing gets some spiffy box and goodies (like an art book) is insulting to the good Gundam shows like Zeta, ZZ, and Turn A. Those ones should have had special releases first.
Dr Kain
Millennium Godzilla

Postby O.Supreme » Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:25 am

^I've never been a fan of Special/Novelty Releases. I mean I did break down and get the Zeta Gundam set from Bandai when it was first released back in 2004, because that was the ONLY way to get it (If anyone wants the set of Pencil Sharpeners let me know LOL!) .

But I noticed that Funimation is also releasing a super-deluxe Ultimate Speed-Racer Mach-GO-GO-GO set. All of the content on the discs I want, just not the novelty head and all the other stuff it comes with. I hope Funimation will in time just release a standard set.
There are no more good TV Shows, only ones that haven't disappointed me yet.
O.Supreme
Burning Godzilla

Postby Dr Kain » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:27 am

For that, it's just Speed Racer, so I don't see the big deal. In fact, I think it is kind of insulting that they sold Speed Racer on its own first, with a typo on the packaging saying it included the Japanese version, and then they decide to do some overpriced box set for Mach Go Go that also includes Speed Racer. They are punishing people who bought the series expecting that they were already getting Mach Go Go on the set that came out or those that bought Speed Racer in hopes that the sales would be enough for them to release MGG.

I don't know what has been going on with Funimation lately, but it's kind of dirty.

Speaking of which, I want the artbox for IBO Season 1, but I don't want the model kit it comes with.
Dr Kain
Millennium Godzilla

Postby O.Supreme » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:36 pm

O.Supreme
Burning Godzilla

Postby Dr Kain » Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:17 pm

I actually loved the red ranger helmet head. Well, I bought it pretty much for the series and extras, so I would have bought it whether it was in special packaging or not.

I would totally buy a Godzilla Complete Collection BD set regardless of how the packaging style was. Hell, I also love my Breaking Bad cannister collection. It beats having the discs put into paper sleeves.
Dr Kain
Millennium Godzilla

Postby O.Supreme » Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:13 am

Well this is cool. Looks like someone really knows how to cross promote. I wondered why, of all the Gundam series, Unicorn was recently added to Netflix, which successfully sparked my sons interest. Looks like the follow up film (Gundam Narrative) is getting a single day US release:

https://www.fathomevents.com/events/gundam-nt

February 19th. Thankfully this is a day I can go. I never thought I'd see anything Gundam in the theater. This will be an awesome experience.
O.Supreme
Burning Godzilla

Re: Gundam v Hello Kitty: Dawn of Justice

Postby mr.negativity » Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:27 pm

Move Over Avengers: Endgame, the Ultimate Crossover of 2019 Is Gundam vs Hello Kitty
mr.negativity
Meltdown Godzilla

Re: Gundam v Hello Kitty: Dawn of Justice

Postby mr.negativity » Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:47 am

mr.negativity
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby mr.negativity » Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:53 am

mr.negativity
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby O.Supreme » Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:16 pm

A great accomplishment to say the least. Also one thing I really like about Gundam is that as it continues to expand into different continuities and Universes, they still continue to add to the original UC timeline with new stories. Hasbro should really take a page from them concerning Transformers... But I digress...

I remember first reading about Gundam in a fanzine in 1990. I saw my first anime (F91...I know an odd place to start) in 93/94. I then saw Chars Counterattack, 0080, 0083, and then the original series movie trilogy all before Gundam Wing made it's huge US debut in 2000. It took me a while to sort it out, but needless to say I'm definitely a fan.
O.Supreme
Burning Godzilla

Previous

Return to Anime & Manga