[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 130: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
Anime's you like to see get a make over • Monster Zero x SciFi Japan - Archive Only

Anime's you like to see get a make over

From Tetsujin 28 to Akira, from Macross to Miyazaki, there is an incredibly wide range of Japanese animated movies and TV shows to suit almost everyone's particular tastes! Discuss the wide world of anime and manga here!

Moderator: Controllers

Anime's you like to see get a make over

Postby Henry88 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:08 am

Record of Lodoss War
Ruin Explorers
patlabor
Martian Successor Nadesico

the list could go on and on really.
ROBOT CO-OP IS GAMING COMEDY
https://robotco-op.com/
Henry88
Meltdown Godzilla

Re: Anime's you like to see get a make over

Postby klen7 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:07 am

It seems like every series that gets a make over i greatly prefer the original (Kenshin, Hellsing, Eva, Escaflowne, Berserk, etc) so i guess my vote would have to go to a series that i didn't enjoy, but thought it had a good concept...nothing really comes to mind though.
klen7
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby DannyBeane » Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:54 pm

Since the likelihood of seeing a season 3 is almost non-existent, I'd like to see Rosario to vampire get remade and stay closer to the manga. I'd also like to see "OH GODZILLA! WHAT TERRIBLE LANGUAGE!"! get remade even though its a product of the 80s.
DannyBeane
Burning Godzilla

Postby O.Supreme » Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:55 am

Pretty much every one of my favorite animes has been revamped, reimagined, or had a sequel etc...etc... over the past decade, so I am pretty satisfied. I guess the only one (which IMHO never had a really proper series to begin with) would be Megaman. Now I'm talking the original. Not NT warrior, or starforce etc... I want a decent anime based on the original blue bomber, or the X series, not any of the newer incarnations which frankly I've had zero interest in.

But... now that I think about it, pretty much all my favorite super robots have had updates, except Grendizer. I'd love an update of that. Oh and perhaps a Combattler V/Voltus V crossover. It's been teased in SRW games, but never really happened. Would be aswesome!
There are no more good TV Shows, only ones that haven't disappointed me yet.
O.Supreme
Burning Godzilla

Postby Dr Kain » Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:47 am

I'd like them to do a Kai version of One Piece, ESPECIALLY the Water 7 arc.

Other series I'd like to see redone are manga accurate adaptations of Sailor Moon and Yu-Gi-Oh! and a full blown series on Vampire Hunter D that is accurate to the books.

Oh, and yes I know there is a new Sailor Moon anime coming out, but from what it sounds like, it is not going to be a manga adaptation.
Dr Kain
Millennium Godzilla

Postby EricDent » Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:33 pm

Hmm, maybe a proper adaptation of Negima would be nice.

As for the newer Hellsing adaptation, that is awesome.
However they do seem to treat Seras as comic relief for quite a bit of it.
In the first version, she seemed to be a big focus.
Toho's Godzilla Will Live Forever!
EricDent
Heisei Godzilla

Postby Henry88 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:31 am

I would like to add The Irresponsible Captain Tylor this list.
ROBOT CO-OP IS GAMING COMEDY
https://robotco-op.com/
Henry88
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby EricDent » Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:45 pm

Not even sure if the books/manga for Tylor ever finished the war?

Not really a remake, but I would LOVE to have more Full Metal Panic (especially if Chris Patton & Luci Christian do the dub).
Toho's Godzilla Will Live Forever!
EricDent
Heisei Godzilla

Postby Dr Kain » Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:35 pm

Chris Patton has said he will go back into voice acting just for Sasuke if another FMP series is done.

Oh, I'd actually like to see them just do a full on remake of Dragonball and follow the manga to a t without any filler or the need to stretch fights out longer than they need to be. And when I say Dragonball, I mean THE ENTIRE series from start to finish, meaning Goku as a child and ending when Goku ditches everyone to raise Ubuu.
Dr Kain
Millennium Godzilla

Return to Anime & Manga