[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
What are you watching/or completed? (Anime) • Monster Zero x SciFi Japan - Archive Only

What are you watching/or completed? (Anime)

From Tetsujin 28 to Akira, from Macross to Miyazaki, there is an incredibly wide range of Japanese animated movies and TV shows to suit almost everyone's particular tastes! Discuss the wide world of anime and manga here!

Moderator: Controllers

Re: What are you watching/or completed? (Anime)

Postby Dr Kain » Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:03 pm

I had a Patreon request for Magic Knight Rayearth, so here is my review for the first season:

Dr Kain
Millennium Godzilla

Postby EricDent » Sun Mar 31, 2019 6:40 pm

I watched Magic Knight Reyearth a few years back and thought it was kinda odd.
BTW it's rather fun that quite a few Clamp shows feature the dub voices from that show.
Including Chobits.

Anyhow I finished Agent AiKa, which has an insane amount of panty shots...
Toho's Godzilla Will Live Forever!
EricDent
Heisei Godzilla

Postby EricDent » Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:03 pm

Finished Girls Und Panzer (TV) still rather fun.

Watching the new Ultraman anime via Netflix, pretty good so far.
To be fair, I am not that familiar with Ultraman in general.
EricDent
Heisei Godzilla

Postby EricDent » Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:52 pm

If you live near a Fry's Electronics (yes they can ship if need be).
We are having an up to 50% sale on select Sentai Filmworks anime titles, ends on Saturday.

Including fun shows like Squid Girl, Flying Witch, and Sword Otoria: Is It Wrong To Pick Up Girls In A Dungeon On The Side.
EricDent
Heisei Godzilla

Postby EricDent » Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:52 pm

Finished season 1 of Ultraman, thought it was pretty good.

Then to decide if I wanted to buy Made in Abyss, I watched the first 4 episodes via Amazon.
Yep, looks like something I will like.
EricDent
Heisei Godzilla

Postby EricDent » Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:15 pm

Ripped through Made in Abyss now I guess I will have to wait for the sequel movie....

Suddenlink (cable) has an on-demand thing that had Adult Swim as an option, so I checked out the first 6 episodes of Sword Art Online: Alicization.
So far I like it (to be fair I enjoyed all the other Sword Art Online shows).

Fry's is having another clearance anime sale. Some of the same stuff as last week, but added a few others as well.
Up to 62% off select Sentai anime (probably cause they will re-release them on Blu-Ray again).

Edit: I watched up to episode 11 of SAO via On Demand.
EricDent
Heisei Godzilla

Postby EricDent » Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:29 pm

Bought Is The Order A Rabbit (season 1) at work on DVD for $19.99.
Watched the first disc, it's very cute and calming.
EricDent
Heisei Godzilla

Postby O.Supreme » Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:01 am

Almost to the end of Yamato 2202. Episode 25 dropped yesterday. I was so afraid they were going to end it prematurely, as the end was pretty much the same as the 1978 film Farewell to Space Battleship Yamato, which was really a downer. But thankfully, they had the preview for Episode 26 at the end. I'm in high anticipation, this updated series has been quite different than the Yamato's original 2nd season, but I'm very excited to see how it all finally ends next week. 8)
There are no more good TV Shows, only ones that haven't disappointed me yet.
O.Supreme
Burning Godzilla

Postby sentaison » Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:43 pm

Finished watching Gate on Blu-Ray. Still a really entertaining not quite harem military fantasy anime. Here's hoping we'll see more of this world and it's characters before too long.
sentaison
Godzilla

Postby Rody » Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:47 am

Just this last week I finished Kaguya-sama: Love is War from winter season; it's a hilariously overdramatic romcom about two high-class students trying to trick the other into confessing their love. The show really pulls all the stops in presentation, making even the simplest of dilemmas look like something out of a suspense/thriller movie, and it does so with precision. There's also a lot of heart to the story, though, so one quickly gets endeared to the main characters and the supporting cast. I do hope we get a second season in the future.

Gegege no Kitaro is still going strong; the past several weeks have seen some really intense events as the overarching plot came to a climax and close. Now the show has entered a new chapter, so time will tell how long it goes. I've never kept up with a long-running, currently airing show before (in fact, I've only ever watched a 100+-episode anime twice before, and I'm still finishing the second!), but Kitaro has been well worth it.

Oh, and then there was Mob Psycho 100 II - THAT was awesome. If you want to blow your animation-loving mind, check out eps 4 & 5 at the very least. MP100 is truly a shining example of the medium's capabilities.
Rody
Godzilla

Postby EricDent » Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:10 pm

Finished Is The Order A Rabbit (season 1), now I will have to buy season 2 sometime soon...

Did the random anime game, and ended up with Coyote Ragtime Show.
Lots of action, cool characters, a good dub, and of course some nice looking ladies.

Edit: Finished Coyote Ragtime Show, still a pretty fun ride.

Mixed up the DVDs again, and ended up with volume 1 of Mao-Chan of the Ground Defense.
A very cute show (with short episodes) about 8 year old girls defending Japan from invasion by cute aliens (usually big versions of normal pets or other cute animals).
It was a manga by Ken Akumatsu (Love Hina, Negima) and yes a certain Hot Springs resort turned apartments does make an appearance.
Of course one of the main characters (the teacher) looks a LOT like Naru from that show/manga.
EricDent
Heisei Godzilla

Postby EricDent » Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:43 pm

Did more random anime game, and ended up watching The Sacred Blacksmith.
Still really fun.

Picked up Tanaka-Kun is Always Listless at work for about $25 on Blu-Ray.
We are still having a clearance sale on select Sentai anime at Fry's, including Princess Resurrection ($20 off).
EricDent
Heisei Godzilla

Postby sentaison » Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:05 am

Watched the finale to Space Battleship Yamato:2202. I'm completely loving this reboot in every aspect. You can ruin a classic story by introducing new characters and situations, but they've integrated them perfectly into the mix. I am left wanting to see their new take on the Bolar wars. Let's hope it's not a long wait.
sentaison
Godzilla

Postby O.Supreme » Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:44 am

^ I'm hoping to watch it tonight. I was just wondering though...Considering the original Yamato series had the two films "New Voyage" and "Be Forever" that both focused on the Black Nebula Empire, I was wondering if they might make a 3rd series out of that, before going into the Bolar Wars? Or....they could combine the events of both of those previous films and just create an interconnected film similar to 2199's Odyssey of the Celestial Ark. But no matter what, whether its a new film, or new series, YES I cant wait to see more of this new Yamato continuity.
O.Supreme
Burning Godzilla

Postby EricDent » Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:27 pm

Picked up Princess Resurrection at work.
Man I forgot how fun & a bit spooky this show was.
Not sure if I had ever seen it with the English dub, but that is pretty fun.

Tried an episode of Tanaka-Kun, but felt like something with a bit more "oomph".
So mixed up the other discs and got the Princess Resurrection.
EricDent
Heisei Godzilla

Postby EricDent » Wed May 08, 2019 5:52 pm

Finished Princess Resurrection.
EricDent
Heisei Godzilla

Postby EricDent » Sat May 18, 2019 10:55 am

Got Is The Order A Rabbit Season 2 (Blu-Ray) at work for about $25.
Still having sporadic sales on anime, though one of the items on sale this week has a street date of May 28th (Kampher dub version).

Watching shows kinda at random & slowly right now (been playing the Uncharted games on PS4).

Up to episode 3 of Tanaka-Kun
Watched episode 1 of The Third The Girl With The Blue Eye
Watched a couple of episodes of Agent AiKa Virgin Mission R16
Caught up with Sword Art Online Alicization (Toonami)
EricDent
Heisei Godzilla

Postby EricDent » Tue May 28, 2019 11:37 am

Finished Agent AiKa R-16 Virgin Mission, still rather fun.
Though it's kinda hard not to get a bit "excited" by all the shapely behind shots...

Finished disc 1 of The Third, still pretty good so far.

Fry's is having another sale on Sentai stuff.
This time you get 30% off Blu-Rays & 60% off DVDs.
You do have to sign up for the promo codes to get the deal.

I picked up Monster Musume on Blu-Ray for about $30.
Be aware that this show (on Blu-Ray) does show full breasts with nipples.
I wasn't really into monster girls, but if they look like these ones...of course to be fair the one I think is the cutest (so far) is Papi the Harpy.
EricDent
Heisei Godzilla

Postby EricDent » Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:30 pm

Got a gift card for my B-Day, and ordered Full Metal Panic Invisible Victory Limited Edition.
It arrived very fast (2 days) even without doing Prime.
Only spent about $12 extra ($50 gift card).
EricDent
Heisei Godzilla

Postby O.Supreme » Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:23 pm

Just started watching Xabungle. Man I love the look and familiarity of this series. Tomino was definitely at the height of his ability on the 70's and 80's, too bad his most recent outings have been less than stellar
O.Supreme
Burning Godzilla

Postby EricDent » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:24 pm

Blasted through Full Metal Panic Invisible Victory.
Hope we get a 5th season soon...

Got a copy of Eden of the East at a local Half Price Books (15% off due to my B-Day).
Watching it now, so far it's fun & interesting (I've seen it before but it's been a while).

Edit: Finished Eden of the East, and now I will try to find the 2 movies...

Got through disc 1 (episode 9) of Tanaka-Kun is Always Listless.
So we add yet more potential "harem" girls to the mix.
Including the cute class rep who is secretly a closet "plain girl", the class "delinquent" who is actually very nice, and of course his younger sister who hates Ohta yet is friends with his sister...
EricDent
Heisei Godzilla

Postby EricDent » Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:05 pm

Finished Tanaka-Kun, it was rather fun, and looks like something I can watch several times.
EricDent
Heisei Godzilla

Postby EricDent » Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:15 am

Ripped through the rest of Is The Order A Rabbit (season 2).
Really fun, really cute, and very charming.
There's a movie in the works, so hopefully we get that quickly.

Went back to watching The Third.
Honoka does more adventures
EricDent
Heisei Godzilla

Postby EricDent » Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:20 pm

Through disc 4 of The Third, that episode with Gravestone is still rather odd.
Up to where it intros the Spider lady in Monster Musume, the Slime Girl is rather fun....
EricDent
Heisei Godzilla

Postby O.Supreme » Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:13 pm

Armored Trooper Votoms...ok here we go...I hope I can commit to finishing this, (52 episodes and many OVA episodes...) and not just get a dozen or so episodes in, and lose track, and it just ends up sitting on a shelf like so many other anime I have yet to finish.... :(
O.Supreme
Burning Godzilla

PreviousNext

Return to Anime & Manga