What are you watching/or completed? (Anime)

From Tetsujin 28 to Akira, from Macross to Miyazaki, there is an incredibly wide range of Japanese animated movies and TV shows to suit almost everyone's particular tastes! Discuss the wide world of anime and manga here!

Moderator: Controllers

Re: What are you watching/or completed? (Anime)

Postby EricDent » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:52 pm

Finished The Flying Witch, only problem is I want MORE of it (and yes I did watch the Flying Witch Petit things).
The dub was very nice, and despite not knowing most of the actors (only familiar names were Kira Vincent Davis & Tiffany Grant) they did a good job.

Now I am quickly blasting through Squid Girl Season 2 (already watched Season 1 in the past).
The good news is they got the same dub actress to be Squid Girl, though I think they replaced most of the other voices with Sentai regulars (though I could be wrong).
However they sound pretty close to the voices from Season 1, so it might be the same people?
Toho's Godzilla Will Live Forever!
EricDent
Godzilla

Postby EricDent » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:16 am

So I finished Squid Girl.
It was cute, funny, and really good.
Dub was hilarious with all the Squid-talk.
Only problem is that I want MORE!
I guess I'm like Sanae in the show (she's super obsessed with Squid Girl in a yuri way).
EricDent
Godzilla

Postby lhb412 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:45 pm

I'm currently watching....

*cough* *hack* *cough*

*gurgle gurgle*

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr......

DE VI LM AAAA AN!! !
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Rody » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:28 pm

EricDent wrote:Finished The Flying Witch, only problem is I want MORE of it (and yes I did watch the Flying Witch Petit things).

If I recall, I was watching this (and Tanaka-kun Is Always Listless) while it aired alongside a Shonen title, Twin Star Excorcists; and I couldn't help wishing that Flying Witch (and Tanaka-kun) was the show getting 50 episodes, rather than Twin Stars. *sigh*

I finally reached the thirdway point in Lupin the IIIrd Part 2, and hit the first two-parter in the show - not a big deal, in a way, but a modest surprise from a long, episodic series. I still have a ways to go!

I started Tsukigarei from this past spring, and it's fairly cute so far, albeit pretty awkward; I guess this is what young teen romance looks like. It's a nice-looking show, I'll give it that.
I'm also starting catch-up on Mr. Osomatsu season 2, since I enjoyed the first. MAN, though, this show's sense of humor can be brutal. If you want an episodic comedy program as violent and and vulgar as America's Rick and Morty (but less depressing and somehow even more absurd), Osomatsu should fit the bill.

I see Magus Bride has started up again, so I'd better pick back up on that soon. And I REALLY hope Netflix announces a bloody US release date for Violet Evergarden soon.
Rody
Godzilla Jr.

Postby tbeasley » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:49 pm

Got done watching Puella Magi Madoka Magica on Netflix, the series, the 2 recap movies (Beginnings & Eternal) and the original film (Rebellion).

That was something! With the first 2 episodes I wasn't sure what I was getting into, but with the 3rd things really kick off and become very interesting. I won't say too much, but I was very pleasantly surprised by the shift in tone, even if parts are a bit gloomy. It's from the writer of Godzilla: Monster Planet, so if you're gonna check that out on the 17th I'd say give Madoka Magica a go too.
~ Tyler

This is indeed a disturbing universe.
tbeasley
Godzilla

Postby Dr Kain » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:18 pm

We just finished the first season to Yu Yu Hakusho and I'm kind of impressed. It's only been 28 episodes, but the show has already gone through five arcs and is already starting its fifth in just that time span. Not to mention they haven't spent more than 2 episodes on a single fight and training scenes are reduced to like a minute long montage. Although, I find it strange that the first season ends in the middle of the first fight to the Dark Tournament. You would think the season would have ended after they rescued Yukina. Well whatever. Either way, it's a little slow moving but has a great cast of characters and I like the music. The only thing that it lacks in is animation are sometimes they look really deformed (like Yusuke having huge hands).
Dr Kain
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Dr Kain » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:20 pm

tbeasley wrote:Got done watching Puella Magi Madoka Magica on Netflix, the series, the 2 recap movies (Beginnings & Eternal) and the original film (Rebellion).

That was something! With the first 2 episodes I wasn't sure what I was getting into, but with the 3rd things really kick off and become very interesting. I won't say too much, but I was very pleasantly surprised by the shift in tone, even if parts are a bit gloomy. It's from the writer of Godzilla: Monster Planet, so if you're gonna check that out on the 17th I'd say give Madoka Magica a go too.

Wait, Urobutchy wrote Monster Planet?

I did not know that. My hopes for it have increased now. Psycho Pass and Kamen Rider Gaim have been his best works thus far though.
Dr Kain
Millennium Godzilla

Postby EricDent » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:15 pm

Well since I heard about the Anime Strike part of Amazon going away, I decided to check out some of the stuff they had on there.

First up was UQ Holder, which was pretty decent. Kinda hoping there might be a 2nd season.

Tried some other stuff but wasn't quite feeling:

Devilman Crybaby via Netflix was kinda interesting.
Chi's Sweet Adventure, was super cute but it's not the first season.
Vatican Miracle Examiners, might check this out a bit more later.

Then I watched all of the 2nd Mushi-Shi series, which was good.
Hopefully when it comes out on DVD they decide to dub it with Travis involved.
EricDent
Godzilla

Previous

Return to Anime & Manga