[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 130: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 130: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
Animated Ultraman USA Japanese Bluray release • Monster Zero x SciFi Japan - Archive Only

Animated Ultraman USA Japanese Bluray release

He's Red and Silver, as tall as a building, and kicks the butts of Giant Monsters!! He's also Japan's most enduring and favorite Superhero!! From Ultra Seven to Ultraman Orb, discuss the many incarnations of Ultraman here!! Let's not forget Zone Fighter! Kamen Rider! Gridman! The infinity of Toei Sentai Teams! For such a small island, Japan is bursting with colorful superheroes! Discuss Japanese Heroes here as well!!

Moderator: Controllers

Animated Ultraman USA Japanese Bluray release

Postby klen7 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:46 pm

After 27 years the animated Ultraman movie will be available in Japan on home video

Apparently it will have English audio!

https://www.amazon.co.jp/ウルトラマンUSA-Blu-ray-日下部光雄/dp/B07DCZL495/

[edited for bad info]
Last edited by klen7 on Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
klen7
Meltdown Godzilla

Re: Animated Ultraman USA Japanese Bluray release

Postby lhb412 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:02 pm

I believe it's just a single TV movie (unless it was chopped up into three or four episodes for some broadcast?).
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Postby The Shadow » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:09 pm

Does Tsuburaya have all the rights to this or did Hanna-Barbera retain some North American rights? It would be nice to see this telemovie get a North American release -- perhaps it's time to email Warner Archive.
Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?
The Shadow
Burning Godzilla

Postby klen7 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:18 am

Looks like I made a bad assumption - this looks likes the 75 minute "movie" that was previously released in Japan on Laserdisc. This is different than "Ultraman II: The Further Adventures of Ultraman" the first four episodes of The [star] Ultraman, which was released in the US, but still is made up of scenes from that series. I was hoping it was the full series
klen7
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby O.Supreme » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:29 pm

I'd love to have this on Blu Ray, but $60 is way too much. (Yes I know Blu Rays are way more expensive in Japan) This is more like a $10-$15 dollar release, $20 tops. Heck that's how much I paid for the (now rare) VHS that was released in the mid 90''s

I cant believe also I was fortunate enough to see this on its single broadcast on television (well the last 20 minuets or so). I remember my friends and I were building a skate board ramp in my front yard, my dad came out and said "Ultraman is on TV", now the original series had been off the air for a few years, but I dropped what I was doing right there and came inside to watch. Of course it was not the original Ultraman, but it was still cool (ignoring my friends comments about how dumb it was). A few years later, I had moved and one of my new friends in high school and I connected over Godzilla and Ultraman. I found out he had actually recorded it (on beta no less lol...). Oh man we worked hard at it, but we converted it from Beta to VHS, and that was a treasure to own, until I bought the actual licensed VHS a few years later.
There are no more good TV Shows, only ones that haven't disappointed me yet.
O.Supreme
Burning Godzilla

Postby Henry88 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:33 am

what are the odds that shout factory will pick this up.
ROBOT CO-OP IS GAMING COMEDY
https://robotco-op.com/
Henry88
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby lhb412 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:35 pm

^Not likely. If a home video company started putting out Ultraman in America I reckon they'd go for either something modern or something thought of as a classic or fan-favorite, not an obscurity like this TV movie.
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Henry88 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:18 pm

then Warner Archive Collection would probably be the only other way, anyone knows where to find the contact info.
ROBOT CO-OP IS GAMING COMEDY
https://robotco-op.com/
Henry88
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby RichCo » Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:47 pm

Here's hoping for a legit Hong Kong release that I can afford!
Co-host of the Science Patrol!
ultramanpodcast.com
@ultrmanpodcast on Twitter
RichCo
Little Godzilla

Return to Ultraman and Japanese Heroes