[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
2018 Ultraman teased in Telebi-kun • Monster Zero x SciFi Japan - Archive Only

2018 Ultraman teased in Telebi-kun

He's Red and Silver, as tall as a building, and kicks the butts of Giant Monsters!! He's also Japan's most enduring and favorite Superhero!! From Ultra Seven to Ultraman Orb, discuss the many incarnations of Ultraman here!! Let's not forget Zone Fighter! Kamen Rider! Gridman! The infinity of Toei Sentai Teams! For such a small island, Japan is bursting with colorful superheroes! Discuss Japanese Heroes here as well!!

Moderator: Controllers

Re: 2018 Ultraman teased in Telebi-kun

Postby lhb412 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:22 pm

If it goes to Toku I guess that means I'll subscribe (for long enough to watch the series and there other exclusive Tsuburaya shows).
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Moonlight SY-3 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:24 am

Not sure this is the proper thread for this, but I watched R/B over the weekend, and sadly, was not very impressed. Pretty juvenile levels of humor, SFX only so-so, and the gaudy designs of the two Ultras put me off. The kaiju design was pretty cool, but I don't even remember its name. With two Ultras having multiple forms, an inordinate amount of screentime goes to transformations...that gets boring pretty quickly. Also, kaiju combat was only out in the woods, which to me always signals a low budget. Moreso than previous shows, R/B just seems like one long toy commercial for the Ultra forms and henshin devices. Too bad, since we were on a roll with X, Orb, and Geed, all of which I thought were fantastic. We're only one show in so far, so I can't say R/B is Ginga levels of bad, but so far, it ain't grabbing me. Or my 8-year-old son for that matter...he gave it a big "pfffft," too.

I'll keep watching, of course, and hopefully things will pick up. Has anyone else seen it? I'm interested in hearing what others think.
~Brian
Moonlight SY-3
Godzilla

Postby klen7 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:33 am

The Geed transformations got shorter after they had done the particular fusion previously, so hopefully with double the sequences they are mindful of that. AstoundingBeyondBelief posted the math and 11% of the episode was transformations sequences
klen7
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby Dr Kain » Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:07 am

Dr Kain
Millennium Godzilla

Postby klen7 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:00 pm

They just picked up Gridman and Mirrorman. I think they have some overlap with CR like Orb, but they also have Cosmos, Mebius Gaiden and some others. They seem to have more on their channel than they have streaming though, which has kept me from jumping on until i finish out CR's series
klen7
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby lhb412 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:44 pm

Tsuburaya hosts the episodes on YouTube (I'm not sure how long) and apparently users have added an English subtitle track listed under captions. So... official release with fansubs!

--- edit---

Tsuburaya apparently leaves the captioning option of their videos open to user generated additions, so bilingual Ultra fans have stepped up! I'll watch the episode later today.
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Dr Kain » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:57 pm

Hold on, the series premiered already? I thought it wasn't coming out until the end of the month.
Dr Kain
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Moonlight SY-3 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:18 am

~Brian
Moonlight SY-3
Godzilla

Postby Dr Kain » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:24 am

I watched the first episode and I wasn't all that impressed. Part of it might have just been the subtitle translation as I felt lost at times other part might have just been because the characters didn't grasp me. Either way, I'm not feeling like I need to keep up with it on a weekly basis.

OH yeah, forgot to say the weird designer dude is totally going to be the villain!
Dr Kain
Millennium Godzilla

Postby lhb412 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:55 pm

Tsuburaya disabled the subtitles 2/3rds through me watching the episode!

Show looks totally cheap, shades of Ginga, but the dynamic between the two brothers is great. Also, the light comedy tone could make the dramatic moments pop that much more when the evil Ultraman Orb shows up or whatever (still convinced this is gonna end up as a stealth Orb sequel).
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Postby lhb412 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:02 pm

lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Dr Kain » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:17 am

This might mean they finalized their licensor for US distribution.
Dr Kain
Millennium Godzilla

Postby klen7 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:13 am

Fingers crossed!!
klen7
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby sentaison » Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:35 pm

They do seem to be putting a lot of stuff on Toku.
sentaison
Godzilla

Postby Dr Kain » Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:51 pm

Dr Kain
Millennium Godzilla

Postby lhb412 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:16 pm

Good to hear that Taguchi's doing some episodes (and the bump in quality of the practical effects that entails).
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Postby lhb412 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:52 pm

Something of a spoiler, but it seems Ultraman Orb Dark character represents older Ultra fans, criticizing the two young heroes and via that the newer shows. I think this dynamic sounds delightful. I can't wait to see the show!
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Postby lhb412 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:00 pm

New female Ultra to appeae in the R/B movie.

I'm excited.
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Previous

Return to Ultraman and Japanese Heroes