[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
Official Releases of Ultraman Series • Monster Zero x SciFi Japan - Archive Only

Official Releases of Ultraman Series

He's Red and Silver, as tall as a building, and kicks the butts of Giant Monsters!! He's also Japan's most enduring and favorite Superhero!! From Ultra Seven to Ultraman Orb, discuss the many incarnations of Ultraman here!! Let's not forget Zone Fighter! Kamen Rider! Gridman! The infinity of Toei Sentai Teams! For such a small island, Japan is bursting with colorful superheroes! Discuss Japanese Heroes here as well!!

Moderator: Controllers

Official Releases of Ultraman Series

Postby Baltan II » Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:38 pm

Okay, it's actually old news and probably well-known by the dedicated fans, but somehow I missed until today that UltraSeven X and Ultraman Neos both have legitimate English subbed releases available on the site go90. Made me think that between all the random additions to Crunchyroll and this that perhaps we should have something to keep track of what's available and where, because no single source currently appears to carry everything Ultraman. Until we get these series (and movies!) all available on discs in proper English, it'd be nice to have a single go-to source on all this information, and I'd be happy to compile the information here with your help. No objections, I imagine?
Baltan II
Burning Godzilla

Re: Official Releases of Ultraman Series

Postby lhb412 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:25 pm

No, of course no objections.

I see several more series (Neo Ultra Q and Mega Monster Battle) have been added to the Toku channel on Amazon!
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Specium Ray » Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:20 pm

(Work in progress but holy crap! Toku HD updated their ultra offerings on Prime!)
Probably easiest to go by platform. This is only for the U.S., all are Japanese language/English subtitles except where noted.

Crunchyroll (Free w/ads or subscribe for HD and no ads)
Ultraman Leo
Ultraman 80
Ultraman Gaia
Ultraman Nexus
Ultraman Max
Ultraman Mebius
Ultraman Ginga
Ultraman Ginga S
Ultraman X
Ultraman Orb
Ultraman Geed
Kaiju Girls

Toku HD Cable subscription channel. Airs a variety of Ultraman shows that have yet to hit any other service in the US.
(will fill in later)

Toku HD Prime Channel Add on service for Amazon Prime.
Ultraman 80
Ultraman Neos
UltraSeven X
Ultra Galaxy Mega Monster Battle
Neo Ultra Q
Ultraman Zero The Chroncle

go90 Ad-supporting streaming
UltraSeven X
Ultraman Neos

YouTube
Tsuburaya's YouTube channel features their currently airing series, plus behind-the-scenes extras and samples from Tsuburaya's back catalog.
Ultraman Orb the Chronicle (raw Japanese)
Ultraman Orb (Taiwanese dub)
Kaiju Girls (raw Japanese)
Return of Izenborg (Documentary series about Dinosaur War Izenborg)(raw Japanese)

Hi-Yah! Asian cinema channel, available as part of Playstation Vue subscription TV service
Ultraman (English dub)

Ultraman, UltraSeven and Ultra Q used to be available for purchase on digital storefronts like iTunes, Amazon, etc., licensed through Golden Home Media via UM Corporation. Since Tsuburaya's legal victory last year, these all appear to have vanished.
Specium Ray
Godzilla Jr.

Postby Dr Kain » Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:18 am

I only count physical media as official releases, so in my eyes, Ultraman, Ultra Seven, and Ultraman Tiga are the only series that have been released.

Streaming is cool for a one time viewing, but I feel more compelled to get invested in something I actually own.
Dr Kain
Millennium Godzilla

Postby O.Supreme » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:01 pm

There are no more good TV Shows, only ones that haven't disappointed me yet.
O.Supreme
Burning Godzilla

Postby Specium Ray » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:34 pm

The idea of having a list like this is so that people interested in the franchise can quickly look up where they can watch specific shows. I love physical media! I can't wait for the Winckler dubs to come out! But as of the moment, all of those sets are out of print, and the digital storefronts pulled them as well.
Specium Ray
Godzilla Jr.

Postby Jinzo Ningen » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:40 pm

I agree that, for me at least, physical media releases are what counts. It's nice that many folks get to stream this stuff, but I live in the boonies and streaming simply isn't an option for my computer... and I'm not about to try and watch a previously unseen Ultra series - dubbed in English so I can understand and more fully enjoy - on a tinyass cell phone screen.

I sure wish there was a way to download all the episodes of these various series. I would be willing to pay (as long as it isn't stupid expensive) to DL them to watch (and keep permanently). *SIGH* Or... is there a way and I'm just ignorant/technologically retarded and haven't heard about it??? :wink:
Jinzo Ningen
Heisei Godzilla

Postby Specium Ray » Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:13 pm

Specium Ray
Godzilla Jr.

Postby Dr Kain » Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:02 pm

Dr Kain
Millennium Godzilla

Postby gojiedge » Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:56 am

I recently got the Ultraman and Ultraseven complete episode dvds from ebay. I felt like a little kid again watching them.
My Blog about Music, movies, etc..
gojiedge
Godzilla Egg

Postby khouji » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:26 pm

I start watching Ultraman when I was 5 years old and it was around 1992 if I'm not mistaken. Ultraman was one of my favorite shows ever. Go Ultraman!
khouji
Godzilla Egg

Postby gojiedge » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:41 pm

Me too. I remember running home from school as a kid to watch Ultraman. They played the early Ultraman on a local tv channel .
My Blog about Music, movies, etc..
gojiedge
Godzilla Egg

Postby khouji » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:44 am

khouji
Godzilla Egg

Return to Ultraman and Japanese Heroes