[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 130: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
Kaiju no Kami Reviews - Kamen Rider Black • Monster Zero x SciFi Japan - Archive Only

Kaiju no Kami Reviews - Kamen Rider Black

He's Red and Silver, as tall as a building, and kicks the butts of Giant Monsters!! He's also Japan's most enduring and favorite Superhero!! From Ultra Seven to Ultraman Orb, discuss the many incarnations of Ultraman here!! Let's not forget Zone Fighter! Kamen Rider! Gridman! The infinity of Toei Sentai Teams! For such a small island, Japan is bursting with colorful superheroes! Discuss Japanese Heroes here as well!!

Moderator: Controllers

Kaiju no Kami Reviews - Kamen Rider Black

Postby Dr Kain » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:47 am

Thirty years ago, Kamen Rider Black took to the airwaves on Japanese television and became one of the biggest hits at that point in the Kamen Rider franchise. Not only was this the first show to be set in its own universe, but Kotaro had to deal with the evil forces of the Gorgom Empire on his own without a secondary rider to help him. Is this series well worth its notability or should Gorgom have wiped Kotaro off the face of the Earth? Watch to find out.

Have any of you guys seen Black? Let's talk about this great show here.
Dr Kain
Millennium Godzilla

Re: Kaiju no Kami Reviews - Kamen Rider Black

Postby Kaiju_Ultra_Fan » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:56 am

good review so far. (I'll have to finish it later I got about halfway through.)

I agree it's cool seeing Ultraman people in Kamen Rider. I haven't seen Black yet but this definitely has me looking forward to it. And you're right the simple black design with sparse lines and bright red eyes is a really good almost 'classic' look. It's a design that's aged well.

Some of the Riders I've seen I don't think their designs have aged (or will age) as well as this one.

This one, and maybe ZO and J seem sort of timeless. Very clean and minimal designs not stuck in a certain period like say,...Ex-Aid or Fourze.
Kaiju_Ultra_Fan
Little Godzilla

Postby Kaiju_Ultra_Fan » Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:20 pm

finished it. That was a good review.

You pointed out that Showa era shows are episodic whereas Heisei era shows have more continuity (and I guess larger story arcs and sub-plots),..that's a good observation I hadn't really noticed before. I knew the newer Ultraman and KRider shows seemed to have large arcs but hadn't noticed it as being an era thing. That's kind of cool.

You're right though I tend to watch the newer stuff on my computer/tv, and the older stuff like Ultraseven I'll copy to my phone and watch when I take breaks. Since the episodic nature of it makes it real easy to watch an episode here and there when I get time for it, instead of binge watching like I do with the newer stuff on weekends and evenings.

(around 25 minute mark in the review there was some Daft Punk/Tron,....niiiiiice. :P )

You hate Amnesia episodes? What about Ultraman Max episode 16 'Who Am I'?. that one was pretty funny. It's one of the two Takashi Miike directed episodes. Both are good episodes. (imo)
Kaiju_Ultra_Fan
Little Godzilla

Postby Dr Kain » Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:01 pm

Dr Kain
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Kaiju_Ultra_Fan » Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:07 pm

ahh, fair points.

as a sneak preview for you...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9SU-WZJ5nM

when he rubs his head and the helmet blade falls out and he starts digging around in the water looking for it I Lol'd. :lol:
Kaiju_Ultra_Fan
Little Godzilla

Return to Ultraman and Japanese Heroes