[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
Are Ace and Seven the most brutal Ultras? • Monster Zero x SciFi Japan - Archive Only

Are Ace and Seven the most brutal Ultras?

He's Red and Silver, as tall as a building, and kicks the butts of Giant Monsters!! He's also Japan's most enduring and favorite Superhero!! From Ultra Seven to Ultraman Orb, discuss the many incarnations of Ultraman here!! Let's not forget Zone Fighter! Kamen Rider! Gridman! The infinity of Toei Sentai Teams! For such a small island, Japan is bursting with colorful superheroes! Discuss Japanese Heroes here as well!!

Moderator: Controllers

Are Ace and Seven the most brutal Ultras?

Postby Kaiju_Ultra_Fan » Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:07 pm

I've only seen 80, about half of the original '66 series, half of 'X', and a few of the movies.

Today I watched some bits and pieces of Ultraseven and Ultraman Ace on YouTube and was surprised how brutal they were. (Surprised in a good way since I like horror movies.)

I mean Ultraman and Ultraman 80 had remorse and seemed to feel bad about killing monsters. Seven is literally tearing them into pieces with his bare hands, slashing throats open and cutting off heads.

Ace punched a hole through a monster, then cut it's head off, then blew it up!

It's funny I thought Ace was a little silly looking and had his figure at the the bottom of my 'List' of Ultra figures I want. Immediately after seeing that clip he jumped to the top of the list next to Seven! :lol:

I've read that Taro is a bit 'Kiddy',..and that Leo is somewhat dark and sadistic. So I was curious if other series are the way Seven and Ace seem to be in that they're kind of brutal and hell-bent on killing and tearing apart monsters?

Thanks.
Kaiju_Ultra_Fan
Little Godzilla

Re: Are Ace and Seven the most brutal Ultras?

Postby Dr Kain » Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:26 am

You must have watched episode 26 of Seven when he pulls a Quan Chi on the poor nuclear born monster.

You really should see my opening to my Ultra Seven review when I do a Friday the 13th-like trailer. :lol:

Seven is amazing because outside of maybe 3 episodes, the entire show is so damn good. You can turn on any episode and enjoy it. The best part is that it encompasses all different genres. There is a two part spy thriller episode that features the most badass Ultra Seven monster ever. There are horror stories like one that deals with aliens trying to get a secret code out of a scientist and using his wife as leverage. Weird science fiction stories such as an episode where Seven and another UG member end up going to an unknown planet full of robot people. It's like they really did just take the concept of Twilight Zone, but added in a rubber suit wearing super hero.
Dr Kain
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Kaiju_Ultra_Fan » Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:53 am

I'm even more excited to watch it now. I'm almost done with Ultraman '66 so I'll be starting it soon.

The clips I saw on Youtube were him decapitating a big brown monster by throwing his helmet blade. Tearing a dragon into pieces with his bare hands. Slashing the throat of 'something' and it shot yellow blood all over him, and one where he used a laser out of his forehead and shot an escaping monster that just exploded.

Then I saw Ace punch a hole through a monster, decapitate it, then blow it up. :lol:

"Friday the 13th" is right. Hahahah (I'm a big old school F13 fan.)

Ultraman showed remorse. Seven was just butchering monsters without a care :lol:
Kaiju_Ultra_Fan
Little Godzilla

Postby lhb412 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:49 am

Ace's kills are not only brutal, but often surreal.

That's why they're the most gif-able!
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Dr Kain » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:00 am

Dr Kain
Millennium Godzilla

Postby O.Supreme » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:22 am

I don't think it was just Ace that was Brutal, but the monsters themselves. I remember one episode of ace where one monster filleted another, that I think was the most shocking thing I'd seen in any Ultra series episode to date!
There are no more good TV Shows, only ones that haven't disappointed me yet.
O.Supreme
Burning Godzilla

Postby Dai » Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:03 pm

Seven is a beast, but Leo definitely gives him a run for his money. Watch the first several episodes of Leo and you'll see that he typically foregoes the trademark beam attacks in favour of dismembering his enemies and murdering them with their own severed limbs. Also, while Ultraseven as a series is tonally similar to the Toho movies of the time, Leo can get violent to a horrifying degree, such as when two young children see their father being sliced in half.
Dai
Heisei Godzilla

Postby lhb412 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:21 pm

^ The monsters in Leo are so brutal that it seems more warranted. Leo is almost beaten to death every other episode (in the early episodes at least).
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Dr Kain » Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:30 pm

Leo might be more violent, but it doesn't have the substance to go with it.
Dr Kain
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Kaiju_Ultra_Fan » Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:11 pm

Kaiju_Ultra_Fan
Little Godzilla

Postby Dr Kain » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:38 pm

Isn't The Return on kissasian? Better to watch it there for free than pay for bootlegs.
Dr Kain
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Kaiju_Ultra_Fan » Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:20 am

No KissAsian doesn't have Return. They have a lot, a whole lot. But unless I'm just not seeing it in the list Return isn't one of them.

I've been using CrunchyRoll, Jatoku.com and KissAsian for the most part.

I didn't know the dvd collections on Ebay were bootlegs?

There's Ultraman 66, Ultraseven, Return, Taro, Ace, (and quite a few others but I haven't bookmarked them for order)...I thought they all looked legit and had English subs.

KissAsian does have a TON of stuff though...

(Anyone watching Geed who hasn't seen The Revenge of Belial yet should really watch it,..it sort of ties in.)

Ultraman Mebius Completed
Ultraman Geed Popular drama Episode 8
Ultraman Mebius and Ultra Brothers Completed
Ultraman (2004) Completed
Ultraman Tiga and Ultraman Dyna: Warriors of the Star of Light Completed
Ultraman X Completed
Ultraman Tiga Completed
Ultraman Nexus Completed
Ultraman Max Completed
Ultraman Ginga Completed
Ultraman Cosmos Completed
Ultraman (1966) Completed
Ultraman Saga Completed
Ultraman Neos Completed
Ultraman 80 Completed
Ultraman Leo Completed
Ultraman Taro Completed
Ultraman Story Completed
Ultraman Orb Popular drama Completed
Ultraman Mebius Gaiden: Armored Darkness Completed
Ultraman Tiga & Ultraman Dyna & Ultraman Gaia: Battle in Hyperspace Completed
Ultraman Ginga S Completed
Ultraman Ginga: Theater Special Completed
Superior Ultraman 8 Brothers Completed
Ultraman Cosmos vs. Ultraman Justice: The Final Battle Completed
Ultraman Tiga: The Final Odyssey Completed
Ultraman Mebius Gaiden: Ghost Reverse Completed
Ultraman Cosmos: The First Contact Completed
Ultraman Mebius Gaiden: Hikari Saga Completed
Ultraman Zero: The Revenge of Belial Completed
Ultraman Cosmos 2: The Blue Planet Completed
Ultraman Zero Gaiden: Killer the Beatstar Completed
Ultraman Dyna: The Return of Hanejiro Completed
Ultra Galaxy Legend Gaiden: Ultraman Zero vs. Darklops Zero Completed
Ultraman Tiga Gaiden: Revival of the Ancient Giant Completed
Ultraman Ginga S Movie Showdown! The 10 Ultra Warriors!
Kaiju_Ultra_Fan
Little Godzilla

Postby sentaison » Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:25 am

It's really hard to tell what is bootleg on ebay and what, if anything, is legit because of the high quality boots out there. I had a friend in Malaysia for a time and was able to get legit Speedy disks, but he went back to New Zealand and that was that. :(
sentaison
Godzilla

Postby O.Supreme » Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:14 am

There are no more good TV Shows, only ones that haven't disappointed me yet.
O.Supreme
Burning Godzilla

Postby Kaiju_Ultra_Fan » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:58 pm

well of the 5 boxsets I have bookmarked for purchase, 2 are from the US (Ultraman and Ultraseven) and 3 are from Malaysia. (Return, Taro and Ace.)

I think they're legit? I really can't tell. I'd post the links but I don't want to post them if they're bootlegs. :lol:
Kaiju_Ultra_Fan
Little Godzilla

Postby klen7 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:16 pm

^ That sounds about right. If you search through the DVD/Blu-ray (Home Media) section of the forums most of these releases have been discussed in the past
klen7
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby Kaiju_Ultra_Fan » Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:46 pm

ok cool. Thanks.
Kaiju_Ultra_Fan
Little Godzilla

Return to Ultraman and Japanese Heroes